main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Legio Angelus: Far From Heaven

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Saintheart, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IC: Mike Suthers
    Father Cassus' Apartment

?What is it you like so much about these? sticks??

Moving quicker than he thought he could while sober, Mike snatched his almost spent cigarette back from the angel. He puffed out the last few drags quickly and tossed it out the window. He drew two from his seemingly bottomless pack, and inserted them into his mouth. A spark, a flame, and two cherries -in that precise order-

He held one towards Althing, depositing the second in his mouth. "No point getting you started on just a butt. You suck in the smoke, then you suck in some air, then you blow out the smoke, and it takes you to a world of happy."

He added, "Plus, everyone knows it makes you look cool."

Tag: Althing

2. NickLitYouAFlame

NickLitYouAFlame Jedi Master star 5

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Althing
    Father Cassus' Apartment

Althing smiled and graciously accepted the cigarette. He stared at it for a while, before putting it into his mouth. He had planned out that Mike would offer one and was glad to see he was right. The truth was, that as an ageless being, Althing had had from the beginning of time to master the art of smoke art. Cigarette smoke did absolutely nothing to his lungs, as he was mortal, but it did indeed look cool.

Taking in a huge puff, Althing worked his cheeks around the smoke in his mouth. He rolled his tongue a few times and then breathed out. The smoke came in a thin tendril and formed a cube in front of him. Althing closed his eyes and small wind blew into the room. The block morphed and twisted it?s shape. The block began to stretch out and soon a tree was floating before him.

The tree was complete with leaves and branches. Althing smiled, his eyes still closed. The smoke spun over to Mike and floated in a line around him a few times. Then it circled up and formed a halo above his head. Althing smiled again. He blinked his eyes and the halo disappeared. The smoke drifted away.

?How was that??

Tag: Sephy

3. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Father Cassus' Apartment

Mike watched as the angel blew an impressive tree out of smoke. ?How was that?? Mike knew an even more impressive feat: being waaaaay beyond petty smoke tricks. (In fact, surviving as long as he had while smoking as much as he did, was a feat unto itself)

"So, you've clearly done this before? Yet you had to ask about the appeal?"

Realizing the lack of anything snide in his comment, he quickly added, "Learn that trick from Gandalf, or teach it to 'im?"

4. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Father Cassus' Apartment

Althing frowned before taking a puff of the cigarette. Then he pulled the butt out of his mouth and frowned again, this time in disgust. He spoke.

?Cigars or a pipe, at the least, are better than this.?

Althing put the butt out with a small breeze. Smoke blew out of the end in a small line. He put the butt on the remains of his apple. Then he addressed Mike?s question.

?Gandalf was born. I was not. I taught myself. And, yes, I did; the appeal of cigarettes.?

Tag: S-Dog

5. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Father Cassus' Apartment

?And, yes, I did; the appeal of cigarettes.?

For a split second, Mike thought he was about to be left in the dreaded state of not-having-a-witty-comeback. The unpleasantness of such a situation would only be enhanced by being sober -something Mike had been sick of when Althing first zapped his BAC down to 0, and which he still hadn't accessed the proper medicine for- then Althing whipped out that gem. It wasn't much, but it would keep the conversation flowing,

"And talking?" he asked, "Learned from Yoda did you?"

6. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Malik

Near Royal Albert Hall, London, England

Malik had managed to convince his two companions to postpone their argument, but the tension remained. The fate of the serum had been left hanging but it would not wait forever, and the situation could yet turn ugly. As he glanced at Dr Carver's resolute gaze, Malik felt a pang of pity for the man. A human could not stand alone against an angel, not like this. If Borachio truly wished to destroy the serum, then he could and would do so. And that would be that.

The whole affair boded ill for the evening, and Malik always took notice of such omens. Omens were glimpses at destiny- small hints at the bigger picture. Nothing was a coincidence.

As they reached the Hall, they noted that tuxedo-clad men were filing in, accompanied by women wearing evening gowns.

"We may have difficulty getting in," noted Malik, glancing at his own rather more casual garments. "But I can render myself invisible to the mortal eye...I will infiltrate the rear of the hall and find the Doctor Eltiades. I will watch him, Borachio, you watch here for any potentially demonic activity. Keep Doctor Carver close. Get inside the Hall if you can. Agreed?"

Tag: Penguinator, Randy

7. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    Father Cassus' Apartment

Althing cursed under his breath. He glanced down with a fleeting look. His face came back up with a stricken expression. He glanced around the room. In a panicked voice he said with a stutter.

?Did yo?? How? The Mortals on Earth aren?t supposed to know about that part of the galaxy. How did you know??

Althing was smiling on the inside, but showed nothing. He preformed a paranoid glance around and got really close to Mike.

Tag: The Sephinator

8. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Borachio
    Near Royal Albert Hall

Borachio nodded his consent. He looked to Jason, motioning for him to follow. He wanted to get as close as possible to the Hall without actually getting inside. If a demon decided to show itself, he'd be able to get inside quickly, and even revert to his angelic form.

"Doctor, we have to be careful, and keep a low profile." That would be difficult, considering neither of the duo were dressed properly for such an event.

"And I'm going to give you a short lesson on demons."

Tag: Randy, Winged, Saint

9. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Jason Carver
    Near Royal Albert Hall

Jason gave Malik a farewell nod as the angel left him alone with Borachio. He tried his best to look inconspicuous as he followed the older angel, and briefly wondered if Borachio really was older than Malik, if he just chose to look older in mortal form, or if they were both equally ageless.

"And I'm going to give you a short lesson on demons."

Jason blinked out of his reverie and nodded to Borachio. "Let me guess--they're the bad guys?" he joked, giving the angel a smile that probably wasn't very convincing.

TAG: Peng, Saint

10. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Ayda
    Father Cassus? apartment

Eyebrows raised, Ayda watched both her fellow angel and the witty little human with clear amusement, Achan dozing slightly in her lap. She was about to snatch the cigarette away from Althing and put the little deathstick out, but contained herself when he put it out himself.

Ayda smirked a little at the Gandalf comment and then Master Yoda came along. Laughing mentally, Ayda?s face fell into a serious, slightly panicked façade, her eyes widening slightly and tensing her muscles on purpose. She looked from Althing to Mike and back, waiting the human?s reaction impatiently.

Tag: You people

-----

00C: Wow!! Someone should give me an award for that post! I've never seen anything so breathtakingly...lame... in a looong time.

11. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC: Deep, deep apologies to everyone awaiting my update ? work got a bit busy in the last few days, and in honesty I was in a state of fatigue over the RPG, but I?m back on the horse and ready to go again!

As always: if you?re not tagged, I?m awaiting your reply or that of someone else in your thread.

KraytDragon90: I think that?s relatively acceptable.

NickLitYouAFlame and SephyCloneNo15: You guys get the Laurel & Hardy award in this RPG for the best in character comedic routine in living memory. Seph, I?m borrowing Mike Suthers for one line. Hope you don?t mind. :D

Thread #1: ?And the Oscar goes to??

Randy1012, Winged_Jedi, Penguinator-176, blubeast1237

Near Albert Hall
    London, England

As the angels quickly discussed their next move, a couple of things were apparent from the situation.

The first was that there was a damnable lack of apparent demonic activity in the vicinity of Albert Hall, which could have indicated one of two things: either there were no demons present ? or the demons, like Malik, Borachio, and Kane, were in human form with their infernal signatures damped as a result.

The second was that Kane?s earlier exploits in bringing Doctor Eltiades to Albert Hall had achieved a certain impact. Namely, a police car was now cruising around the streets nearby the Hall. In addition, a couple of security guards had wandered out of the Hall and were curiously looking in the direction of the bottom of the steps. Perhaps they?d been advised by Doctoe Eltiades.

The third was the scale of Albert Hall itself. The building stretched the equivalent of a good five storeys into the air, floodlights illuminating the gargoyles and sculptures that adorned the building?s exterior. It was a Hall that could hold a good two thousand people inside it at any one time, and principally designed around the great auditorium in the centre-rear of the structure. There were mezzanine floors inside the building, and, one supposed, any number of windows further up the building or back doors to the place.

TAG: Randy1012, Winged_Jedi, Penguinator-176, blubeast1237

Thread #2: That Old Time Rock and Roll

SephyCloneNo15, Tiborax, MoonlightsAngel, Morkai, NickLitYouAFlame

The Presbytery of Father Cassus
    London, England

Julie Clapham had been watching the byplay between Mike Suthers and Althing with a certain horrified fascination. ?You weren?t born? Mortals? Who are you people??
    Caliban, who had similarly been watching the conversation with arms folded across his Pantera T-shirt, turned towards her with a semi-amused look. ?I am afraid Althing does not fit the image well, Julie Clapham. Perhaps we should have introduced ourselves earlier. He is Althing. The name of the girl with the little dog is Ayda. I am Caliban. We are servants of the One True God. What mortals like yourself call angels. So we are now introduced.?
    ?I think the Yanks would say you need to work on your sales technique,? said Mike Suthers.
    Caliban threw him a look and then glanced back at the other angels. ?Well, my brothers and sisters, what do we do? Forty or fifty vampires is nothing to be underestimated. And whatever their martial skills, one does need to consider they called for demonic reinforcements back at the church. One could assume a demonic presence at this club, surely??
    ?Demons? You mean like actual demons from hell?? said the girl.
    ?I do not know if we are up to this task alone. Perhaps it may be meet to call on Michael for assistance,? said Caliban, ignoring the girl.
    Which wasn?t ideal, Caliban knew; the archangel was a hands-off sort of celestial, principally expecting angels to come up with their own solutions. His reaction at being called to Earth might well be annoyance.

TAG: SephyCloneNo15, Tibo

12. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    (ooc: Saint, WTH is going on in "I went Down To The Crossroads"? I'm a bit confused)

13. KraytDragon90

KraytDragon90 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2005
    IC: Feanor

As he saw the red-eyed student, he spun around and dropped to a knee. A demon! Feanor had thought the gunman to be some crazed human. Why was a demon killing students in an obscure university? He felt a flash of anger at himself for being so easily fooled before he shoved it away. There was no time for that; he had a job to do and he wouldn?t let Danyael down. With the shield still between him and the demon, he concentrated on the gun he held and grabbed it with his power of telekinesis and attempted to wrestle it from his grasp. Blasted demons, Danyael never would have made him wait if he had known it was a demon here.

TAG: Saint

14. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    GM OOC: SephyCloneNo15: Think of it this way: there's something of a "shield" around the Crossroads themselves when a musical duel is on. However, standing outside of the crossroads as you are, the protection of that shield is not available. The primeval magic of the location is reacting to the demon's music (though I hasten to add it is not under Nyneve's control) and now wants to eat you. :) Does that clarify it?

15. NickLitYouAFlame

Feb 27, 2007
    IC: Phelan
    The Targee Pass, Montana, United States

Phelan watched as the large woman, which was still in question, scurried, or rather wobbled to the edge of the ravine. She cried out in anquish. The woman babbled something about medications and Phelan grinned. He walked over and nudged her.

?Did you lose your pills, crazy??

Phelan put his hand on her beefy shoulder and saw her past. He only went to recent years, trying to avoid anything really deep. He found the word meds pop up a few weeks ago. She had been waiting for a shipment of them. Some cure or something. Phelan took his hand off of her and his eyes rolled. He shook his head and sighed.

?Looks like we got a case of the spilled milk. Or rather spilled purple sick-flavored near-liquids.?

Tag: Elu

16. Sentinel-825

Sentinel-825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    IC: Harmon Dean
    The Targee Pass,
    Montana, United States

Harmon raised a bushy eyebrow at the good man's name. Jack Frost? Of course Harmon had heard of the name in stories all throughout his life. Surely the only thing this man and the other Jack Frost shared were their names. Then again, the way Harmon's day was going, he would only be moderately surprised if this man was the same man found in tales all throughout the world.

"Pleased to meet you, Mister Frost," Harmon smiled.

Tag: Saintheart

17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Hadrel IC:
    Location ~The Targee Pass, Montana, United States

Hadrel blinked in surprise at the woman's odd reaction as she scrambled toward the ravine. Only for a brief second did he think she was going to fling herself over the side. But that was brief.

After Phelan's comments, however, things became a bit more clear.

"Oh," Hadrel smiled a little despite himself, "I see. Don't worry, ma'am, I'm sure you'll get more meds soon enough if you just calm down and let us get you out of here."

The way things turned out some times...the angel shook his head but stifled a chuckle.

Tag: Phelan, Ex-Trucker Woman

OOC: All I can get right now since my internet quit on me earlier today. *sigh* Post as Michelle comin' tomorrow.

18. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Not my greatest post ever, but not up to going all out right now. RIP George.

Michelle Nikita IC:
    Location ~George Malley's Apartment, New York City, New York, United States

Michelle quietly held her peaceful gaze with George, watching sadly as death slowly overcame him. His approach to Heaven come closer and closer.

And through it all, though she never wavered or let her gaze go from him, she received a barrage of images. Of the past. Of death. Of why she fell. But she did not show this, besides perhaps biting her bottom lip gently for a moment.

And as he murmured, Michelle quietly whispered to Apollo, in a voice that shook slightly, "Your mission has been accomplished. You can leave any time."

She didn't mean to sound hostile, even with the weak voice she had then, but death had always upset her. Even from the beginning. And plus, this was his mission and it was completed; let alone he obviously thought little of her. So no need for him to stick around.

Tag: Apollo

19. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    George Malley's Apartment
    -Angel of Nephriel, Apollo

George Malley was dying. Apollo could see the life drain out of his eyes and the bitter shift of temperature as a sweeping coldness swept through the room, a coldness that was common with death. He preferred to think that the cold came whenever something died, no matter how big, no matter how small. The coldness probably varied upon organisms, he believed, and how attached they were to the departing spirit. Humans might say they felt tremendous sadness, pity, doubt, among other things, when someone died. Animals might not act their normal and go off and "sulk" in their own ways. Even when plants died, there seemed to exist the feeling that something wasn't quite right.

His thoughts were taking a form in the Fallen now, as she seemed to have lost the color in her face, probably the effects of having the last light of hope doused in front of her very eyes. She had cared for the man in his last hours and maybe now she was feeling that all she had done was in vain of the inevitable.

But Apollo felt nothing.

What could he feel for George Malley, a sick man that he had just met. It wasn't just the fact that he barely knew the man, people cried for people they didn't know. No, it was that he honestly didn't care. Like all other things, George Malley had to die. Why should he feel sorrow or despair for this man? He considered if he had known George Malley for years, would he have felt something now.

Apollo laid his hands on the Fallen's shoulders as he saw that she was holding Malley's gaze like a physical burden, about to demand what she was doing, but figured it out quickly. She still has powers, he thought before she quietly whispered to him that he could leave, that his mission was done. "Are you going to be alright?" The words came out of his mouth before he even knew what he was saying, but he let the question remain, as did he.

-George Malley's Apartment

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    OOC: Ugh, keep missing these tags! Sorry to keep you waiting, Randy.

Borachio
    Royal Albert Hall

Borachio nodded at Jason's comment, missing the humour. "Most of them were like us at one time, long, long ago. I remember speaking with Lucifer, once, before the fall."

That was eons ago, before mankind had begun to weave a path, before there was an earth for mankind to live on. The angel enjoyed that time, enjoyed the toils of that time, the bliss of it all. Lucifer's fall changed that.

It wasn't that Borachio resented the demon's acts or motives, nor did he feel an elegiac sadness for the days gone by. What had happened had happened (though Malik would have said otherwise) and there was little he could do about it.

"Demons are, essentially, Angels, though fallen from the Lord's favour. Where we strive for a greater good in the world, they want to corrupt your hearts and minds. As far as finding them goes, if a demon is unmasked in it's true form, you'll know. The hard part is when they're hiding."

Tag: Randy, Winged, Saint

21. Randy1012

Randy1012 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2007
    Jason Carver
    Royal Albert Hall

"You mean you can't see them? Don't you guys have some sort of magical means of knowing when another angel or a demon's around, like in Highlander?" Jason asked. He chuckled at Borachio's blank look. "Oh, you never saw that one, huh?" He shook his head, letting it go.

"Anyway, my point is, we could be surrounded by demons right now and neither one of us would know it," the doctor continued, looking around at the crowd. "How do you angels deal with them, and what can someone like me do if one of them shows up? I swore the Hippocratic Oath, but I doubt it applies to demons..."

TAG: Peng, Saint, Winged

22. Winged_Jedi

Winged_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 28, 2003
    Malik

Outside Royal Albert Hall, London

A sharp tingling spread through Malik's body as he prepared to break the sound barrier. Human bodies weren't meant for this. To many angels it was a mystery that the pinnacle of Creation should be so...fragile. In order to use one of his celestial abilities, he had to draw on celestial forces to strengthen and empower the flesh. And for a moment, ichor flowed through his veins instead of blood.

And then he was off, leaving Borachio and Jason to the front of the Hall. He dashed around to the back within seconds, zooming past security guards so quickly that all they would feel of him was a sharp gust of wind, and all they would see of him was nothing at all.

He was taking a risk using such power because it would cause various eddies in the spiritual ether. At worst it would attract demons. At best it would draw them into the open.

At the back of the hall the doors were closed, until a guard emerged, reaching into his pocket. For one brief and uncharacteristically panicked moment, Malik thought the man had spotted him and was reaching for a gun. Instead the guard produced a packet of Lambert & Butlers. Malik was already through the open door before the cigarette was lit.

He entered the back of the hall, surveying his surroundings.

Tag: Saint (for what's inside)

23. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Father Cassus' Apartment

?I do not know if we are up to this task alone. Perhaps it may be meet to call on Michael for assistance,?

There was a long, awkward silence as the angels looked at each other, worried. Clearly, they didn't like the idea of calling the archangel. Mike broke the silence, thinking himself the voice of reason, "Well then bloody Hell, let's not call 'im. We go in 'n' out real quick-like. You plaster those vamps. I get myself plastered before they even know what hit 'em. Bloody surprise attack. No one ever expects 'em... Like the Spanish Inquisition."

He quickly added, not wanting to let Althing say anything unscathed, "Part of the Galaxy? Don't you know anything? It was a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away. As in, not in our Galaxy at all. Jeeze, get it right."

Tag: Tiborax, MoonlightsAngel, Morkai, NickLitYouAFlame

IC: Azylain[/b]
    [i]The Crossroads[/i]

Azylain watched what was going on, more interested in continuing his duel with Nyneve -which the angel was certain he was winning- so he turned to Will Brown. "Get the heck out of here. Just run in a direction that feels right. The turbulence should be gone soon. I'll drop your guitar off at the Roadhouse when I'm done here." He turned to Nyneve, "You. Let's step inside. At least where you're in charge, I can predict the tricks and traps, unlike out here. We're far from finished, agreed?"

[b]Tag: Saint[/b]

24. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    Borachio
    The Hall

"Believe me," replied the angel, "I'd know. Yes, we can tell when they're nearby, but it's not always as black and white as that. Some of them can hide quite well, as can some of us."

Hobbling along next to Jason, he wished he didn't have to hide right now. Next time he came to earth, he'd pick a different form. Younger, much younger. And he'd wear a white suit. Perhaps he'd be blond...

His knee cramped, and he winced in pain. "Jason, you'll have to slow down."

Tag: Randy, Saint

25. Sentinel-825

Sentinel-825 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2007
    OOC: Greetings, friends. It's terribly unfortunate for me to have to say this, but alas, real life duties have risen that will render me unable to devote time for role playing for a while. I will not bore you with elaborations on the subject, but I do wish to tell you that I do plan on returning. And if this game is willing to accept me back into its graces, then I will gladly rejoin you all when the time is right.

Therefore, if all goes according to plan, I will be back among the RPF around Christmas time. Until then, I bid you all farewell.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.