main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Lego Lovers Enter Here

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wardenx

wardenx Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    Were there other people in that picture? All I saw was Wenchy licking something.

2. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    How about another custom lego building and making party?

3. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Oh sounds like fun, but I don't have any random legos...not enough to really build something. All my legos are invested in my collection.

IA: I think it was you, but I can't be sure.

4. TK-4752

TK-4752 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Gee, and fogging in a trooper bucket is bad enough as it is. :)

No licking pics, but we did get a couple shots of the femme trooper in our garrison last month, and a few other things -- http://home.attbi.com/~j0sh/starfest2003/.

Darn...too bad we're in Colorado. I'd totally be down with a LEGO party.

5. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    You have NO idea how long I've wanted ST armor. I was going to get it in January, but that was when Lucas did the whole ban thing.

Do you know if Richie's is still selling it or has he had to stop?

I want my armor SOOOOO bad! At first I was gonna get Femme armor, but I think I'm gonna stick with traditional so that when I actually talk to someone behind the helmet and they hear my girl voice, they get wierded out! GIGGLE!

Any help with armor contacts or info would be greatly appreciated. I had talked to Richie before the Lucas thing, but not since then.

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    what do you mena lucas did the whole ban thing? i never heard of a ban.

7. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Yes, LFL laid the smack down on SOOOO many people that made armor and were public about it. Copyright infringement. A long long time ago, someone known as GT made a really nice set of "white armor" and bluntly sold it from their web site. They were taken out by bounty hunters.

I've got an FX kit...and I believe they were taken out by bounty hunters, too. It took awhile to track one down.

It's really saddening, if you think about it. LFL won't give licenses to people that make some of the nicest stuff, but then they hand out licenses left and right for things like those CLOTH sets of Stormtrooper and Clone armor. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

8. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    Why? Oh Why, must Lego cost so much? :_|

9. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Because each block is casted from only the finest of plastics, and cleaned and finished by HAND by an army of gnomes. You wonder where all the gnomes on the world have gone? They're employed by LEGO now.

10. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] YOU CRACK ME UP TK-4752!!

11. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Yeah, Lucas like laying the smack down on people. He has a deal with LEGO, that no other space themed LEGO are allowed to be made at the same time as Star Wars LEGO.

I thought each LEGO brick was individually hand crafted by machine?

12. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    I was planning on going to Cali to go see my family. I thought about going to Legoland but it seems the only reason I would go would be the Lego Club house to buy Legos by the pound. I was just at the legoland website

Since I have no plan or instructions to build a Star Wars Lego scene or customs, there is no reason for me to go.

It looks more kiddie centered than other theme parks. Maybe when I get married. Not sure I can wait that long:p

13. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    If you like LEGO, you will enjoy the park. They have all kinds of great stuff built out of LEGO. Life size animals. Scale model versions of New York, San Francisco, Washington D.C., And a bunch of other cities.
    If you only like Star Wars LEGO, you shoid probably avoid it.

14. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    Actually, they show you on the tour in LEGOLand...the plastic comes in perfect little colored pellets, it's melted, and injected into molds with TONS of pressure. But there's a part that they don't show you -- cuz when you inject plastic into a mold, most of the time you get extra flash on the edges. I don't know for sure how they remove it, but I've got my money set on GNOMES.

15. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    And dude, if you have the chance to go to LEGOland, GO! It's one of those places you should always see at least once...kinda like the world's biggest ball of twine...except you can buy toys there, too.

16. MexChewie

Apr 19, 2002
    While I like Lego, and might be interested in seeing the models of the cities, it might be best for me not to go to Legoland for now.

17. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    And when we went to LEGOLand, it was VERY kid-oriented -- we were the only people there WITHOUT kids. But they've still got cool stuff. I'll have to see if I can find some pics. We took pics next to an 8-foot-tall LEGO Vader, and a life size LEGO R2-D2.

And strangely enough, since we were already in San Diego (LEGOLand's in Carlsbad), we managed to accidentally stumble across Comicon (we didn't know ANYTHING about it, and they had commercials on). This was all back in 1999, so we didn't know how to fully appreciate it, though.

18. TK-4752

Jul 20, 2002
    LEGOLand also has real terrain for its buildings. To keep it to scale, they use moss for grass, and bonsai trees for trees, and even have their own fleet of bonsai culturists (or whatever they're called), and they actually work while you're there.

By night, though...I'm sure the trees are kept in shape by GNOMES...cuz the number of bonsai trees within LEGOLand is mind-boggling.

19. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Tk-4752 I think you're a little fixated on Gnomes. ;) But it's ok, we still like you.

PPPPSSSTTTT...don't tell the others, but I think you're one to something. How else could they do it? [face_shocked]

20. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    ok, for someone who is wanting to start playign with legos again, what is a good one that is kind of easy and doesnt take to much cash to get?

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Jango Fett's Slave I was where I started...now I'm HOOKED!

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    how much do those run?

23. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Hold on let me check, I've got my catalog here somewhere....

The Slave I is around $49.99

Other options:

Bounty Hunter Pursuit...I really like this one... $29.99

Or Jedi Starfighter $19.99

24. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    a catalog of legos? how can i get one?

I think i will run up to walmart tomorrow [face_devil] im going to go and find a set i like.

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    You could start with boba fett's slave 1. Those are cheaper. $20 bucks gets you one. But, Jango's slave 1 is better, as it is a better scale to minifigs. It costs around $60.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.