main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Let's here it for the IJ ride in Disneyland!!!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by george_starwars, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. george_starwars

george_starwars Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2002
    I have only seen part of ToD and didn't like it. But I'm a BIG fan of the IJ ride in Disneyland. Isn't that the coolest most high tech ride you've been on?

2. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I rode the ride shortly after it was opened (all of Disneyland was closed down to confrence members of AMMP) some years ago. It was one of the greatest rides I've ever had the oppurtunity to ride!

3. Father-Christmas

Father-Christmas Jedi Youngling

Nov 22, 2001
    There's a page on the ride on Disneyland's site here;

Indiana Jones Adventure

I also have great article in an old "Star Wras Insider" magazine on the building of the ride that I ought to dig out.

4. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    I think it'd be cool to know how they do all of the tricks in there.

5. Timb

Timb Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2003
    I've never been to disneyland but I have been to Disneyworld and went to MGM studios and experienced the live spectacle. I had bought an Indiana Jones hat prior to the show and I sat up front and I got to come onto the stage and say lights camera action. It was pretty cool. I got to meet fake Indy too.

6. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Sounds cool! I've been to Disneyland, but not Disneyworld.

7. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Ok. Not many people responded. Ah, now there are more people in the Lucasfilm forum. I'll try again.

Let's here it for the IF ride in Disneyland!!!

8. CubeNES

CubeNES Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2002
    Word. It is an awesome ride - went on it twice.

They should make another attraction where you actually walk through the famous scenes of the movies. For example for the Last Crusade, the viewers walk through the library, sewers, and the actual path that leads up to the holy grail, including the "leap of faith". They could do all sorts of things for the other two movies too. Who wouldnt want to walk through fake insects with long hairy whiskers crawling all around you in dark dungeons? Then right after the insects, everyone gets a fortune cookie.

9. -Lord-Vader-

-Lord-Vader- Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2003
    I've been to Disney Land once but I was so young I couldn't open my eyes on the ride. It was too scary for me. Now I wish I could go back and do it again!

Manual Sig:

*****ATTENTION ALL COWBOY BEBOP FANS*****

If you are a Cowboy Bebop fan, please PM me. Myself and six other Cowboy Bebop fans are putting something together and if you like Bebop, you should be a part of this. We already have over 10 members but we are still looking for man more. Please PM me if you have ever seen Cowboy Bebop.

Even if you havent, and love Anime or Manga, just PM me.

Thank You.

Vader

10. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well what I like about the IJ ride (not the IF ride ;-) is actually the whole setup, from the external temple and all the little details to make it look like an excavation. It's a bit short but definately fun. I still like the Space Mountain and the Pirates ride much better (call me old fashioned).

11. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    malducin: Yeah, there's something about "Pirates". And yes, Disney always goes all-out as far as the details go.

GS

12. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Guess what! I'm going to DIIISSSNEEYYLAAND!! *happyness* Yessssss...

13. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I go to Disneyland at least 2 times a month?I have an annual passport?and it is my number one favorite ride ever.

14. weezyslob

weezyslob Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    I had an annual pass for all of 2001 I think it was, I went like once a week, riding IJ every time. Man that ride is superbly made, it's awesome every ride. I also got to walk on the track before it was finished becasue my mom's friend works there and got us tickets to a "Behind the Magic" night where we got to see everything behind the scenes. It was neat to see and to walk on the track, I touched the gold statue guy who wants you to look in his eyes.

15. george_starwars

Oct 23, 2002
    Woa Cool! Is it true that there is only one chamber for the three rooms? (Wealth, knowledge, and the fountan of youth I think.)

16. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    Yeah that?s true, I use to think that the track split up then came back together, but there?s only one track, the three different doors themselves move... it?s hard to explain.

17. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Ah, no matter what though. It is sure cool! :cool: Espcially with all those quick twists and turns.

18. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Best. Disneyland Ride. Ever.

Even better than the great Pirates of the Carribean, though that is a good ride.

19. Jedi_Daniel

Jun 16, 2002
    I want to go on the one in Tokyo Disney Sea. I heard it was relatively the same, but instead of a hydraulic system it uses a magnetic system. And instead of an Indian setting, it?s a Central American setting.

20. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    The Indiana Jones Ride at Disneyland is the BEST amusement park ride I've ever been on! It's great, all the things they've got working in there (I love the room where the darts go flying past your head), the music they used from the actual Indy soundtracks, and they even have John Rhys-Davies (Sallah) doing the narrating before and during the ride. I really love it!
    ---Scotty

21. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    Yeah, this is cool ride. The best time to go is on a weekday when hardly nobody is there. There are three different eyes you can enter when going on the ride. I believe it's interactive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.