main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends [LF Revan & Carth one-shot, fluffy angst--details inside!] Forevermore

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediYvette , Nov 27, 2011.

1. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Logistics:
    I have always been annoyed how in KOTOR 2 we find out Revan unceremoniously just left Carth and that he had an idea it would happen anyway and wasn?t all that shocked. I always felt that was so fake. I really don?t think anyone in a loving relationship would have just sat aside and pretended things were okay when they suspected something else. In my opinion, he would have stopped and fought for her to stay or at least done SOMETHING other than whine to T-3. AND how did Carth know why she was gone and hinted at dialogues with her that shouldn?t have happened had she just up and left. It makes no sense! I love both characters too much to just let that be their story. As my gift to them, I gave them a fluffy story and a week to say good-bye.

This story is told through a series of flash-backs and fast-forwards and may take a bit of reading to fully understand.

Also, I do not like the Jedi at all in the KOTOR era. Both games and the comics had these awful Jedi Councils that did horrible things. That showed in this story and I am sorry if that bothers anyone. I love the Jedi, just not KOTOR Jedi.

Just so you know, my characters? names were based on the names I used in-game. And those names were based off my 2 cats, Amelie and Hades. The main character in this story even started off as Amelie but no matter what I did, the name didn?t seem to fit Revan. Thus Emelia was born.

This is my first fan-fiction in ages and the first attempt ever at a serious piece. So please be gentle with me. I also know it is kind of long. I just couldn?t find a logical place to break off for a second chapter. This story has also been posted simultaneously at theforce.net and fanfiction.net.

Finally, special thanks to my beta-readers, SarkaVrae, JediFarfy and The Bigger Fish.

PS. In a perfect world, Lightside Female Revan would have been canon. :D

---

Of all the worlds in the entire galaxy she never thought she?d end up on Tatooine. But, of these planets, it was also the best for someone who just wanted to hide. She was the savior of the Republic, the prodigal knight of the Jedi Order. Just as Vandar predicted, the whole galaxy knew her name and spoke of her deeds. Except, when they did, they called her Revan and they didn?t ever forget she was once also a Sith. She was condemned for a point in her life she couldn?t remember, which the Republic couldn?t forget, and no atoning could fix. But on Tatooine, in that small town of Mos Espa, where everyone was anonymous and hiding from something, she could be just Emelia.

After more than a year on the planet, she still hadn?t gotten use to the heat of the two suns or how the sand burned the skin as it was carried in the hot winds. The never-ending bombardment of both sometimes drove her mad with the desire to leave but she knew she had nowhere to go. She was a Jedi, she?d remind herself, and sought solace in meditation and study. Her lightsaber, her Jedi weapon, laid dormant, too easy to identify her as someone of note, and was packed away with the other trinkets collected during the war. The only evidence she was a member of the Order was how she managed her thoughts. All remnants of that former life were shed when the Ebon Hawk first landed on Tatooine. All, save for one.

Emelia watched as Carth approached the sandy abode they shared. It still amazed her that he willingly flew across the galaxy, away from everything he knew, to follow her. He never complained about the isolation she insisted, on a planet she knew they both despised. Instead, he patiently tried to help create a semblance of a life together away from the battlefield. Regardless of the world they chose and the landscape around them, when she wrapped her arms around him, nothing else mattered. In his arms, she was always home.

---

Silently she wandered from the giant Rakatan temple and made her way to the beach. The sky was lit with fireworks and the sounds of the celebrations above trickled down, but she had no desire to celebrate. Instead she just looked out toward the sea to where it merged with the sky.

?This i

2. C-3PX

C-3PX Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    :eek: like

3. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    Hear that? That is the sound of my heart breaking ALL OVER AGAIN.

In other words, great job. :p I loves me some good Carth/Revan, and having just read the Revan novel, this was just what I needed to read. Fantastic! I hope you'll write more for us to read. :D

4. SarkaVrae

SarkaVrae Jedi Master star 5

Jun 3, 2004
    Love it! Of course! :D