main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lincoln needs to be demoted

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    We need demoted. Seriously We don't deserve official Fan Force status. I asked for the advertising stuff that you came up with. (Come on, I know you're busy, but WHERE is it?) We should have done this a year ago. It'd be nice to have more members so we can actually do activities or charity work or fundraising.

We seriously need to get to work before I consider asking that Lincoln get demoted.

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    As taken from the FF FAQ:

WILL OUR OFFICIAL STATUS EVER BE REVOKED?

Not if you continue to use Fanforce's facilities on a regular basis.

If the forum has not been used by people from your area for an extended period of time, your regional support administrator will post a warning in the forum telling you that if no one begins to use it, it will be pruned. If no one responds to this warning, after two weeks the forum will be deleted.

So as long as you continue to use your forum to plan meets and talk with the fans in your area, you will not have to worry about losing your official chapter status.

Ok, so we don't really have regular meetings, and sometimes people don't post in here for a few days, but we are active. We do plan and have meetings. It's not like we are totally inactive. Most of us are just really busy at the moment.

t'd be nice to have more members so we can actually do activities or charity work or fundraising.

The thing is, we can do all of those things. Nobody says that your FF chapter has to be massive in order to do anything.

I asked for the advertising stuff that you came up with. (Come on, I know you're busy, but WHERE is it?)

The advertising ideas that we had were basically the ideas that you posted in the advertising thread. We really didn't feel we needed to elaborate on them until we had another meeting.

We seriously need to get to work before I consider asking that Lincoln get demoted.

I have no idea why you would want to do a thing like that. Remember, this whole thing is about making friends, not about how much we can be like every other chapter.

3. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    A question that has be answered by all groups at one time or another is what KIND of group do you want to be? Do you want to focus on doing fun things, or do you want to be known for charity work. There are many kinds of FF clubs, some are just around to have fun, go to conventions or movies and talk about where people are finding new figs, others are more formal and have bylaws and SIG (Special Interest Groups). It's completely up to you.

As long as you have a CR, the boards are at least a bit active and have occasional in person meetings/events, your official status will not be revoked.

I'm happy to help if you have any questions or would like suggestions. :)

~H~

4. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Thanks, Heather :)

Liz, if you don't like what our fanforce is maybe you don't want to be CR anymore. If you'd rather not, that's fine. John and I are both 18 now and either of us could do it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.