main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Line Party at Crossroads 20 AOTC premiere nite Wed. May 15 7PM-midnight

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Diane and the Shadow Players finished their dress rehearsal that was 3 hours long...they will be entertaining the crowd often, not just at 10 PM! They will be doing their lightsaber thing in the crowd intermittently. This will be AWESOME!

2. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Wayne, good idea! You're hired! I deputize you to print them up and pass them out. What is your costume? I've got the certificates for the costume contest printed out and they are AWESOME!!!

3. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I will be there wearing blue jeans and a black shirt :)

4. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    I can not wait!! This is going to be so much fun!! Not sure what I am wearing yet, but the name tags would be a great idea. I would be glad to help out anyway that I can. I plan on being there around 6pm as far as i know.

5. TK-924

TK-924 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Is there anyone showing up in a Stormtrooper costume. I might be able to if I can get a couple of things for it by this afternoon.
    I don't have tickets to the midnight show, but it might be fun to come hang out!

6. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    TK, there will be at least one more 501st guy, Jim, who will troop with you. Check some id's and do some crowd control... don't let any rebel scum in. I'll let you capture' me. Photo op!!!! I'll be wearing a Star Wars tie-died shirt with Vader's Custom TIE fighter on the front in from 5-7PM. Then I'll sneak and get my Obi costume. I need volunteers to help me do some easy stuff, like after each jigsaw puzzle event , they will need to be broken down back into separate pieces.
    Star Wars Monopoly anyone? I need 7 players - find me, grab me, and you'll be one of the players!

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Padawan,
    What will U B wearing so I can find you?

Jason, Jim is definitely coming.

8. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    :D Today's the day! :D

As far as what I look like, I'm short, with really long hair. :p I hope I'm not one of the only girls there. ;) I'll probably be one of the youngest, also... :p I don't know what I'm wearing yet, but no costume. :(

I'll be there a little before 8PM. :) I'll have the boom box and CD's with me! :D

I'll check back in here right before we head out... :)

9. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I cant wait, this is going to be a blast! As far as what I look like... I am a 25 year old male, stand at about 6'3" short brown hair, and a beard....haha, this sounds like a personal ad. Not sure what I will be wearing yet though, I left most of my costume back home in Madison :-( but i should have a lightsaber with me. I plan on being there early, I'll keep an eye open for everyone, any name tags or anything?

10. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    Hope everybody has a great time. I'll be sitting at home watching just as an important event - Game 7 of the Sharks/Avalance game in the Stanly Cup Semi-Finals (Go Sharks!). Hopefully my team will win. That'd make my entire week complete (Team wins, Star Wars and having tomorrow off all wrapped up in one...)

11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Okay, now I know what I'm wearing. :p I've got on black pants and a navy blue long sleeved shirt with a red collar... I'm only 5'1", so quite short... ;) I think my long hair is my most distinguishable feature...

We're leaving in about 30 minutes, so I'll be there right before 8PM if all goes as planned! ;) :D I can't wait! See y'all there! :)

12. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Just wanted to say it was great meeting some of you and a BIG THANK YOU to you Don for putting all of this together! It was truly a great experience that I will always remember! The movie was everything I could have asked for!!!!

13. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Yes it was great to see everyone and see the movie. The line events were great and Don did a great job. The media coverage was also very very good.

I put pictures that I took last night up on my site. Direct link to the pictures:

http://www.superchuck.com/superchuck/gallerypages/midnight.htm

14. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :) It was fantastic to meet some of the people from here, and others, and to see the film! It was amazing (IMO)! :D

We've got to get our pictures developed and scanned - I should have them online by the end of the weekend. :)

Thanks to Don for setting all of that up! It was so fun! :D

15. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ohmigosh did I have a blast last night! Thank you everyone! This will be A DAY LONG REMEMBERED. :) I love all that attention I got! Gee that was fun organizing that! I'm going to do the same for Lord of the Rings , The Two Towers, for those of you that love those endangered furry-footed hobbits! (sign up for the line party at theonering.net) ;)

I'll write up a report, but how do we get photos up here? Or can we?

Don

16. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Good question, or should we start a site for them and the TTF?

Just went to the NBC 17 site (www.nbc17.com) and in their news-video section they have some footage of last night.

17. Starburstlvr

Starburstlvr Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    Hey Guys glad to hear things went well! I was working the midnight show in Wilmington - check out there "Where is everybody" thread for a mini-run down!

18. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Well, I've got my photo's online... don't everyone look at once, it's Geocities! :p

Pictures from the AOTC Line Party

:) I would love to caption the pictures, as I mentioned at the start of the page of pictures. I felt like I could caption a few without anyone telling me who they were, but I decided to wait because #1) I'm not positive I would get it right, and #2) if you don't want your name/screen-name listed, that's up to you.

Enjoy! Let me know if something doesn't work! :)

And I thought this was cute:

[image=http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ft/2002/ft020519.gif]

19. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Nice pictures, loved seeing them, well except for me sitting on the ground in the background :) (Hate seeing pictures with me in them.)

Anyone else here have a site?

20. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I got my pictures developed and i should have them scanned and everything in a day or 2, I'll let everyone know.

I saw the movie again tonight, that makes 5 times so far. I am still having trouble catching a few lines in the movie, maybe someone can help... At the very end when Count Dooku is talking to Sidious, he says.. "I have good news my Lord, the_____ has begun." does he say "Boy" or "War"???

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Laura, that website is awesome! Not even I have all the names, but here's the listing of the people in the photos, all going left to right:

Page 1, Photo 1: Yoda, Amidala, and Natalie from jediquest.com

Page 1, Photo 2: crusty old wizard (Don Weinstein), female Jedi Natalie from JediQuest.net, 501stnc trooper TK0259 (Felix Diaz), Ep I Amidala (Cheralyn Lameth), 501stnc.com trooper TK id not assigned (Jim Epps).

Page 1, Photo 3: Jim Epps, Cheralyn, Doug from the Shadow Players, Don

Page 2, photo 1: TIE Fighter Michael Lim, a friend, Mike's wife, and Taz from the Shadow Players

Page 2, photo 2: Luminaria, Lori and ??? from the Shadow Players, a fan, Taz

Page 2, photo 3: fans in line including Laura and Chuck

Page 3, photo 1: Attack of the Shadow Players: Taz vs. Lori!

Page 3, photo 2: Lori bested by Taz

Page 3, photo 3: another Shadow player vs. Taz

Page 4, upper left: a fan with Taz
    Page 4, upper right: 501stnc Stormtroopers Felix Diaz and Jim Epps Jr.

22. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Chuck, yes, here's Natalie's site :
    http://www.jediquest.net

23. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Thanks! I'll work on those captions ASAP, but finals are coming up so...

Padawan311: In the novel is says "war", but it does sound kind of like "boy". :p I think it's "war".

24. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Hey. I just discovered these boards! Its great to have something like this here in Raleigh. The line party was awesome! I had tons of fun. I wish I had a chance to get there earlier, it seemed like things kept happening to prevent me from getting there. Oh well, I truly had an awesome time and the movie was amazing (seen it twice now and can't wait to go again). I have posted pictures at http://www.jediquest.net/fans.html and if anyone else has more pictures I'll put some more up.

~Natalie
    http://www.jediquest.net

25. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Natalie! Good to see you here! I have a whole CD full of pix. Once Chuck provides us with the domain, I can open the floodgates and upload them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.