main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Little Things That Make Your Day.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Dsource, Apr 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dsource

Dsource Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2000
    You know how sometimes something will happen in your day and make you smile? Even if it's insignificant, it's still really cool.

When you find that girl who's smile can change your mood.

Someone commenting on my posts.

Getting a message from an old friend on ICQ who you haven't seen for months.

Good books.

Sleeping in on a rainy day.

When me and my flatmates actually get around to tidying the house. It looks just like your mum has the house all the time when you lived there, even if it only lasts for 3 days.

I think you get what I mean. Post away people. What makes you happy?

2. maestrino

maestrino Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    A big one for me is seeing other people being happy. :)

3. Kalor_Voe

Kalor_Voe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2000
    I dropped my keys in this morning to a friend of mine who's house-sitting for us while we're away. He runs a cafe, and made me a huge capuccino for free. It was just what I needed- these late nights packing and cleaning are killing me.

4. maestrino

Feb 12, 2000
    The coolest coolest thing that made my day today was when we were all packing up after choir rehearsal, getting ready to go, and then everyone gathered round and sang happy birthday to me... in 6 part harmony and everything! It sounded SO good!!! I've never had happy birthday sung to me quite like that before..

:) :) :)

5. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    thunder, lightning and rain making the day really really dark and sitting down with either a good star wars book, some expensive cheese and ginger ale. sad, but true.

Blink 182 made my day last night as well. Anyone go to the concert? Was awesome. But everything went awry when someone stole (yes-literally took it off my foot while crowdsurfing) my shoe.

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    There's a girl who I work with whose husband is in a coma, and has been for the past month. We work in a hospital and he's actually in the same hospital. She'd just been to visit him at lunchtime and came back and told us he looked well and told us ajoke he used to tell her all the time, except she said "he tells me this joke all the time" like he might have told her that morning. She really believes he's going to wake up and her smile when she talks about him made my day today.

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    When you finish the three assignments that are due and then when you supposed to do the assignment, the tute guy does it in alphabetical order, so I get to second last and have to do it next week, so I can redo the whole thing in colour

8. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Finishing any assignment gives me the biggest buzz.

Having a cuppa with your friend, who despite living down the hall you hardly ever see any more.

Soup, bagels or foccaccia for lunch (as opposed to any other day of our lunch cycle)

Something edible for dinner (tonight the lasagne wasn't but the mash and cauliflower was yummy!)
    - double if the desert is yummy.

Hearing the phone ring with an external ring.

Coming to fanforce and reading what everyone has to say. Double if there's something (nice) that refers to you.

Managing to get ICQ going for more than 5 minutes and yakking to my buds.

9. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Waking up on a Saturday morning and knowing that you can take all the time in the world to get out of bed.

10. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Waking up on Monday morning in the knowledge that you can sleep in until something worthwhile happens to get you out of bed

11. Dsource

Jul 12, 2000
    I like it when you goto a cd store to buy a cd and theres a new cd out by one of your fave artists. You didn't know it was being released and you can buy that instead.

12. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    As an add on to D's: When u get a new CD and u find a song on it that u REALLY like

When the woman u loveis on her way and u know those big blue eyes will take your breath away again

Reading a new comic thats actually REALLY good

payday

chocolate

a new Video Game thats actually good

13. JediGecko

JediGecko Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 13, 2000
    - Being asked to not only go up a grade from General English to Advanced, but also to take on Module 1 and do Module 2 for my HSC next year

- Being asked to teach a Dreamweaver web design course at school, and be PAID for it

- Hearing you modem actually dial up properly for the first time in two days

14. The_Poison_Monkey

The_Poison_Monkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2001
    Having something go right in my life for once.

15. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    When you have an enjoyable conversation with someone you barely know.

16. Dsource

Jul 12, 2000
    When you get off a train at Central and the other train you need to catch is just waiting there for you to get on.

17. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    finally getting a grip on the differences between il verismo and neorealismo. And having been able to read some of those in italian. 3 years of language finally paying off!

Spending the night with videos, pizza and your boyf.

Spending the day with friends.

Spending the night on fanforce.

Knowing that in exactly one week it's HOLIDAYS!

18. maestrino

Feb 12, 2000
    Lots of little things (and a fair whack of big things too) happened today that made it a bloody excellent day. However I'm too buggered now to go into any detail about it so I'll tell ya'll later. :)

19. Dsource

Jul 12, 2000
    Whats a Boyf? :p

When there is milk in the fridge. (Believe me, its not often at our house)

20. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    When my kids give me cuddles.

21. maestrino

Feb 12, 2000
    Awww! soniel that's so cute!!

22. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    a boyf.....that does sound a little odd....like a teddy bears name....

23. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    Frasier makes my day, actually.

24. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    When you finally get the jokes from the list of the day at dilbert.com, and you realise that things at your job could be a whole lot worse

25. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    When you learn how to add sabre effects to pics! You should she what I did to one of the meet pics... [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.