main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Logos and Forum Graphic ideas.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Jan 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    As said in the thread for the second meeting...We are taking submissions for graphics/ colour schemes for this forum as well as ideas for the Logo for our group to be used for icons on here, flyers, etc.

You can post just descriptions of what you would like or post links to pictures for it.

Have fun, remember the name we decided for "commonwealth Cantina" and keep it clean (most important)

2. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I found a thread with a list of all of the custom forums if you would like to see what others have done....

here

3. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Main banner image - 764 x 110
    Main Background image - any x 110
    Curve image - 69 x 67
    Side Bar image - 32 x 465

these are the sizes for the banners...the entire details on this, in the 5th post of this thread

4. JSaunders

JSaunders Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Got bored

Here's a flat image layout design for the border graphics based off the current sizes and positioning.

I'll post a link with a text design once it's done.

Just remember these are ONLY ideas. If you guys want something else or someONE else's graphics that's perfectly fine by me :)

I had some time to kill today anyways :D

**EDIT**

With Text Example

5. Nave

Nave Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks Jason for taking the time to do this but personnally it comes off a little too Demonic for my tastes. I like it personnalyl but not as the first thing people see when they come to our forums.

Nave

6. jainasolo11sticks

jainasolo11sticks Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 12, 2002
    i like it, but i think i'd prefer something a bit cheerier :) i'm just too dang smiley and perky O:)

and i forgot to add this but was going to...not that smiley goes along with the whole cantina scene. but i guess we're a fun group (or so i think) so i guess i'd like something more party-ish.

you know i like your artwork js

7. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    I love it....dark, mysterious, weird.....I would say it fits in with us just perfect lol....And considering the cantina scene is dark...its either dark images or coloured to be cooler :)

8. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    True but I look at it as we got what appears to be the Cantina Band sold their souls to the Devil and are playing down there for eternity. Just the whole red aura thing bout them. Then the fact that the only other two aliens shown have evil looking red eyes. If this is what the group wants or is decided on thats fine but Im just posting my thoughts bout it.

Nave

9. ArmageBedar

ArmageBedar Jedi Youngling

Aug 14, 2000
    As a temporary banner until we decide on a logo (*if* we want a logo), that's not bad. Just try to make the "Richmond, VA" text more readable.

10. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    FYI Jason says: "*shrug* ok I'll delete it tomorrow from the server. No sense wasting bandwith."

:( *pout* and I liked it....guess someone else needs to step up.

EDIT: has anyone looked at the link to other groups with custom banners? Anyone want to offer some ideas on what they would like to see? the cantina is obiviously not "cheery" enough, so what would everyon like?

11. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    Ama like I said in the IM dont delete it yet or change it Give others a chance longer then one day to see it and offer their opinions

Nave

12. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    the banner has been reposted for camisa and podcivc to look at, since they expressed interest in it at the meeting.

13. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    The below link has info bout the seal
    I thought it was Death to Tyrants but its Thus always to Tyrants. Im thinking we can even do a SW spin on that :D Sic Semper Tyrannus (as in Dooku hehe)

Still have the standing figure be a jedi

http://legis.state.va.us/CapitolClassroom/9-12/9-12Emblems.htm#Symbols

14. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Evan, that's actually why the local 501st is called Garrison Tyannus. They already did that whole spin. :)

Keith

15. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    did what spin?

16. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    They did the whole Virginia State Seal logo modifcation to incorporate the Tyrannus idea.
    Keith

17. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    Actually they didnt do anything near what we were talking about doing. Well other than using the logo.

18. Nave

Nov 5, 2002
    Keith:
    Can you show me what their logo looks like? I went to the 501st page and then Ward's personal page and G.T. main page themselves(I didnt know they were going to MarsCon hehe) and didnt see anyhting that looked like what we are planning. Am I missing something?

Nave

19. amaunet

Mar 7, 2002
    you are missing nothing, their logo is simply the virginia logo (one word changed, maybe?) in the center of the imp logo with imp helmets around it

20. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I haven't seen the logo in awhile. Stacy could be right. Either way, I'm just pointing it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.