main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ON London

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Admiral_Thrawn60, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bromy_99_ca

bromy_99_ca Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2002
    ST. Thomas Sux a..... errr..... I mean RULEZ yes.. that's what I mean.

*hides in the corner of his room* kill me, kill me please or at least get me out of St. Thomas :((

2. Admiral_Thrawn60

Admiral_Thrawn60 Jedi Youngling star 6

Jul 8, 2000
    My grandparents live in St. Thomas. It's not that bad.

I quit that job. Sales isn't my thing. I now work in a warehouse.

3. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey any Londoners heading up to the Con this month??

4. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I don't know of any Cons going on.... you mean convention? I never heard of it.

5. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    The Sci Fi Convention in Toronto...here:

http://www.hobbystar.com/sfx/sfxmain.html

Billy Dee Williams will be there :D

Justin

6. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Billy Dee Williams? Sweet!

Who's Billy Dee Williams?

7. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Ok now you must face my wrath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lando, Lando Calrissian...:D

8. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    Lando? Cool. I enjoyed his performance in ESB.

9. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    Great actor.....hope I get to meet him :)

10. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002

Hello All,

I'm from Toronto, and am a member of the Toronto FanForce chapter. I also attend the university of Western Ontario (aka Western) in London.

Last year, I was able to accumulate over 90 signatures for a petition to TF.N for a London Chapter. Having been in and seen the Toronto chapter, I know how things work, and know that Toronto's chapter is only 70 people strong (not including Lurkers)

So anyway, anticipating my return to London this fall, (actually 3 weeks) i just recently sent in the petition and signatures to TF.N.

In the event of a postitive reply, we'd be looking at a chapter being formed with a first meeting in late September. As a student, I have access to some of Western's beautiful facilities, and other important things that might make this work.

So, in the event of a chapter being formed, I'd be looking for 3 or possibly 4 others to help run the group, organize movie nights and other events, and coordinate all of our efforts. You would have your name changed to the cool and elusive blue title, and you would also have your access "up-ed" to city rep, or moderator, or the like.

Anyone interested in helping out, please feel free to P.M. me.

I think this could be a great thing. From my experiences with the Toronto line, I know how much fun this organization has the potential for. Think of it: BBQ's, movie nights, bar nights, concert outings, parties, and the rest, all with people who enjoy the universe Georgie-Boy created as much as we do.

Any feedback, positive, or constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

11. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Sounds like a good plan (I don't recall seeing the email yet) and I don't see any problem with starting a chapter there.

There are some limitations on being a CR, but that can be discussed once the ball is rolling.

As you may or may not know, all you have to do is hold 3 meeting/events with at least 3 FF members (you and 2 others) to become an official chapter. After that then you select your CR.

I'm always around to help out if you need any questions answered.

12. Admiral_Thrawn60

Jul 8, 2000
    I'm in. I've already discussed it with Warrior over PM. Anyone else interested out there?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.