main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Look! Activity in G-ville forum!

Discussion in 'Archive: Gainesville, FL' started by Jason-Fett, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. I hope everyone stays safe and has a wonderful time.

We will start having meetings again in the New Year.

Until then........

May the Force be with You!

2. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Merry Christmas everybody!

3. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    Happy New Year!!!

4. Darthtengence

Darthtengence Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    Now that the Major go out of town Holidays are past us i think its time to plan our next meeting. Mary what do you think. My suggestions would be for to go bowling or roller skating or something to that effect if everyone else thinks that sounds like fun. Is anyone still planning on going to C4? Or maybe Megacon? Dragoncon? Just wondering if we want to plan something of a table or maybe just a visit. With a table you get some cool things btw. Anyways just thought i would throw some ideas out there. Oh and i am still interested in going camping as well. Dont forget May will get here sooner than you think so start planning on events like SW weekends. Since this will be the 30th Celebration of SW it will hopfully be cool and not overshadowed by C4. Hope to chat with you all soon.

Adios
    Jason

5. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Does anyone want to meet Friday night, January 26th for dinner and then Skating or bowling? We can talk about events we would like to do this year to celebrate Star Wars 30th anniversary. Let me know what every one thinks. If no one answers, then I will make the decision and I'm not sure anyone will like that....[face_laugh].

Also, we will have a 5 year old with us, so please take that into consideration.

Mary

6. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    [image=http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/5843/sweetbitterbuckeyetearsge6.jpg]

7. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    It's great to be a Florida Gator!!!!

8. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Does anyone want to meet Friday night, Jan. 26? So far I haven't heard any responses. This is Star Wars 30th Anniversary. Let's celebrate it the whole year.

9. Master_SweetPea

Nov 18, 2002
    my schedule should be out soon then I can respond!

10. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    How about dinner at McAllister's at Bulter Plaza at 7pm. And then bowling at 9pm. Please let me know who will be joining us.

See everyone then,
    Mary

11. Darthtengence

Feb 6, 2005
    I will be there if this is the final meeting, I just hope i am not the only one to respond this time.

Jason

12. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    I will have to come in from out of town, so it may only be dinner for me. Who is still going?

13. Master_SweetPea

Nov 18, 2002
    whoa I missed another one. Walgreens keeps me scheduled on the friday and Saturday nights, so I guess I'm going to miss alot of meetings.
    not liking this at all.

14. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    What's going on? I have a few copies of "A Galaxy Far Far Away" for everyone.
    See you at the next meeting.
    Best,
    Darren

15. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Many of you have asked me when the documentary is coming out.

Here is a little taste of From Waterway to Greenway

Promo #1

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1980906612

Promo #2

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1982065440

Thanks to all of you for your interest.

Best,
    Darren

16. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Hi everyone. I am finally able to login again. I have had some problems with my password but I'm back....lol.

Darren, I watched your stuff on youtube and it looked good.

So, does anyone want to meet anytime soon? Let me know.

Mary

17. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Hey guys!!!

I will be out of town for a while, however, I left a few copies of "A Galaxy Far Far Away" with Jason. He will get them to you at the next meeting.

Best,
    Darren

18. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Darren,
    I hope you have a good time. Are you working on another movie or something? Well, tell us all about it when you get back.

Everyone else,
    Let's get this thread moving. Next Meeting....

Anyone want to start a trivia of the week or something here???

Let me know.

Mary

19. General_Diyas

General_Diyas Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    hey all

i found an apt in orlando yesterday, i am moving there in july, hopefully. i will be going to Valencia Community college, then onto UCF. i am going to see if i can get my job with disney again. i would love to work at MGM studios, hopefully at the Star Tours attraction. sorry i havent been to the meetings or chatted in a long while, my life has been busy. but now i am free to do whatever, are we doing anything, like writting a movie or trivia night? i would love to continue more before i leave. But in Orlando i will still chat and come back for some meetings. Anyway i am starting class now, May the Force Be With You All

20. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Hello everyone.

This message is for anyone who is getting the last Harry Potter Book.

Does anyone want to get together to get the book? I am sure that there will be a midnight thing here in town. I will be ordering mine from the booksttore next to Steinmart on Newberry Rd. We could all order from there and then plan to meet for the midnight release. Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

I know we will be going to the movie together the week before.

I think this could be a lot of fun. After all, this is the last book.

Mary

21. FettGirlPam

FettGirlPam Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    hi, everyone!

i am inviting you to come and see my mfa thesis exhibition.
    it starts tomorrow and runs through april 6th. the opening reception is this friday, march 30th, at 7pm. (i'll post if this changes.)

also, to anyone who has nothing better to do during the day that same friday, at 1pm i will be defending my thesis. it's open to everyone, so if you have the time, please show up!
    at my defense i will be presenting a powerpoint of my work, star wars, and how my work relates to star wars. there might be sound effects, there might not.

so, in short, show up for free food and drinks friday, march 30th, at 7pm in the focus gallery (inside the fine arts "c" building on the uf campus) and check out my star wars art!

hope to see you there!
    -pam.

map of uf and the galleries:
    http://www.arts.ufl.edu/galleries/map.htmlfriday, march 30th, at 7pm.

22. Darthtengence

Feb 6, 2005
    Since i was invited to see the exhibit across the hall from you, Ill definitly be there. So ill be going back and forth to see yours and Adams exhibit. Have a good one.

Jason

23. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    Ooo... I saw that and thought it might be yours. I realize it's late in the exibit but I'd love love to meet you and talk about the stuff. It's no big deal... I live in the architecture building, lol.

I guess it'd be a good place to say I'm throwing a bit of an SW thing myself. "Duel of the Studios"!!! I'm an architecture student. I'm one of the odd ones that work early... when I'm done with my work I've been known to solder my lightsaber electronics up, lol.

It gets me a lot of stares when I'm seemingly "playing" in studio. I finally decided it'd be about time for me to bring them out and let mayhem ensue. :D

April 8th @11PM in the Architecture Atrium I'm bringing the sabers I have with me to let everyone let out the steam. It's late... I know, but that's when a lot will be working since finals will be coming. Not sure how many are interested... I threw the flyer up on my website www.incomsabers.com

24. Leiaremer

Apr 12, 2002
    Hey! Your website looked really cool. I know that there are others in the group who make their own lightsabers who might be interested. I would love to come to the duel however that's a little late for me on a "work night". I have to be at work early the next morning. But maybe we can do it again another time. Some of us have our own lightsabers already.

Mary

25. xwingband

xwingband Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2001
    I'll be bringing my sabers early. I'll be working a lot of that day... and so will lots of others which is why I have it late. We architecture kids generally work in the hoot owl shift.

If you want to come see them just give me a PM. I can bring them over anytime.

A heads up if anyone wants a saber... the MR ones are on sale at Borders and Books-a-million. Borders is 50% and BAM 30%. Unfortunately they only had ones in stock that I already have. I've been through three Anakin's for parts and conversions ... I don't need another.:D

It's also unfortunate that I live in the dorms. What I'll be bringing is only a fraction of the sabers I own. Have fun everyone. If I wasn't so drat busy I'd try to get to meetings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.