main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies: Now Disc: Hare Conditioned (1945)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by TurboExtremist, Sep 1, 2007.

1. TurboExtremist

TurboExtremist Jedi Master star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    Not every one has to be high art. Sometimes a few good gags will do the trick. [face_batting]

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    "Oh the leetle man from the dra-aft board is coming to seeeee meeee~ ... Wait, the LITTLE MAN FROM THE DRAFT BOARD?!" Still one of my favorites.

3. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It initially seems obnoxiously jingoistic with all the literal flag waving and marching. But this being Daffy Duck, it's all for ironic effect, of course. I love the little man from the Draft Board, a meek little fellow waddling forward played as extreme menace. And if you love Daffy because of his frantic hysteria, and who doesn't, then this one has it in spades.

4. TurboExtremist

TurboExtremist Jedi Master star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    Hare Conditioned (1945)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFaB1qs00c0

Classic Bugs Bunny. One of my personal favorites. Nothing extraordinary, but some good laughs to be had! O:)

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    Not seen this one before. The ending is uninspired, but the animation is brilliant, and I particularly loved the 'ouch-ouch-ouch' gag.

6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Ah, Bugs Bunny... I miss those days when the animation was smooth and the animators took pride in their work. Not like the cartoons nowadays, with their new-fangled slap-dash Flash animation that fills in all the frames between the key frames, and the kids these days, no respect for the classics, no respect for their elders, movies should've stopped at the talkies... You kids get off of my damn lawn. </old fart>

Anywho, classic with plenty of sight gags and in-jokes that the adults of the time would get, and what's a Bugs Bunny cartoon without cross-dressing? XD

7. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    What indeed?

It's in every second cartoon.

However, when Bugs' antagonist is female (and there is only one, Witch Hazel) *every* gag seems dirty.

Amazing.

8. Nevermind

Oct 14, 2001
    Another cartoon?

9. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Some funny stuff there. I liked the different setting and the opening, with Bugs Bunny, for once in his life, hopping around like a bunny was a riot. I also loved the cross-dressing scene. "Oh, what a caution," Bugs says during his hysterical breakdown. Fantastic.