main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Omaha, NE Lord of the Rings outing?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by paperclipx, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Something that was talked about in last nights meeting, was getting together for the Lord of the Rings the 19th. The plan was to go to the Oakview theater. We could meet in the food court again, like we did for Jay and Silent Bob. We would still need somebody to get the tickets. It was suggested online would be the easiest way to do it, and that someone with a movie watcher card would be best, because then they wouldnt have to pay the service charge AMC has. Sound like a plan?

2. corranhornjje

corranhornjje Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2001
    Sounds good for me. I'll be home. :) Banthagrl and I both have movie watcher cards but she's purchased tickets before so I'd suggest her. :) Which show do we want to go to? We'll have to see who can come to which show? I'm up for a late afternoon or early evening but I'll go any time. So whatever works for the most people I guess.

3. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    I'd like to go but it looks like I'm on call that week. Actually, up until Friday morning so the 19th is out for me. If a weekend outing can be arranged, then I can make it. I have a movie watcher card and have also bought tickets online. It's a lot easier than waiting in line on the day of the show. You just have to walk in, put your credit card in the kiosk and BANG! it spits out your tickets.

4. banthagrl

banthagrl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2001
    The weekend is out for me since i'm leaving town early Fri. the 21st. Wednesday or Thurs. night would work best, though I don't get off work til 6 p.m. - I wouldn't be able to make any show before 7.

5. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    So again, (sorry gang) what days are bad for people?

Just want to get the best date for the most people, so we can get this set and posted.

6. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    Also I just found out that AMC should be selling online tickets this Wed. so we need to decide quickly. Although I'd love to see it opening night the next night should be less crowded. Whatever works for everyone else I'm good for. paperclipx, I'm sending you a PM on a different subject. One that should make you pretty happy. :)

7. That awful vracer

That awful vracer Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2000
    I dunno. I think seeing it opening night is part of the fun. I think the thing is to find out if anyone else has a problem with the 19th. We also need to decide who'll get the tickets. I'm going to ask my brother-in-law if he wants to go. He's a big LOTR fan. So, I'm down for a possible two tickets .I think that most people want to go on the 19th. If the tickets are going on sale in two days we need to make some firm decisions.

1. who's buying
    2. the date.

We also need to determine how to get the funds to re-imburse the buyer asap! I'm available to meet the buyer anytime after 4:30 pm. Maybe a meeting at the mall, or something. Any other ideas

8. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Like I've said, I'd love nothing more than to go opening night, but I'm on call that week- Monday thru Thursday. Friday or Saturday are good for me though, but the majority should rule. The main reason I'd prefer a weekend night is because I'd really like to be able to do something with the group again.

9. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Craig, I've got an idea. How about having TWO outings for LOTR? We can have the outing on Wed. nite, and a second on Saturday? If my Bother-in-law can't go on wed, he might go on saturday. Plus, if the movie is going to be as good as it's supposed to be, I'd be willing to see it again. Maybe a few would be willing to go to both.

...that or you could get a different job! ;) :p

10. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    I second that motion! I dont think I'd have a problem seeing it again. Whats everyone else think?

11. UncleOwen1138

UncleOwen1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2001
    That would actually work better for me. I have school Wednesday night and probably couldn't make it. Saturday would work much better for me.

Bob

12. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Can I go the wendsday?

13. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    I'd be up for both. That sounds like a plan. So what time on Wed? The 7 o'clock is the soonest banthagrl can be there. I'd suggest that one or the next one, be it 8 or 9ish. The date draws near so we better schedule around those we've heard from.

14. Jade Skyhiker

Jade Skyhiker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    sheesh, what are you doing up at 1:30 in the morning? ;)

anyway, if you guys are brave enough, that wednesday should be fine wiht me as well - i don't know how you all will survive with AA around tho :p

15. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    Well I luckily get the day off tomorrow. :) I'm sure AA will be toleratable. Besides, how bad could he be? (Famous last words)

16. S-mart

S-mart Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2001
    I am a canuck ;)

EDIT:Craptaculare the boy didint remeber to change his socks...

17. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    VRacer- I'd love nothing more than to quit my job. I'm just holding out until my lottery numbers hit :).

That Saturday would be cool. Would a matinee work for everyone? My wife may go. She hasn't decided yet. I guess it depends on if we can get a babysitter. Actually, my folks will babysit at the drop of a hat, so it shouldn't be too tough.

18. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Ok for the 19th (wed) lets do the 8 pm show. Late enough for everyone to get there, and early enough not to be an all nighter for us poor souls that have to work the next morn.

If you plan on making that showing, please post here soon, so we can get a ticket count.

For the Saturday outing, just about anytime should work (I believe I'm off).

19. craigrr

Jun 8, 1999
    Dude, you're always off.

Saturday will be great for me. I should be finished reading the book too. Had to go back & re-read it see what all's been changed.

20. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    But I'm always on at the same time.

I'm in for both Wed and Sat as of right now. Shouldn't change baring any other natural disasters or nutcases doing something stupid again.

21. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    So as of right now, we have 5 for sure, I know of another who is interested, and I believe Banthagrl was in too, so we have a tentative number of 7.

Lisa, were you going to get the tix?

22. paperclipx

Jan 8, 2001
    Heres something interesting, in relation to the LOTR....

http://www.theonering.net/movie/lineparty/

Its very similar to what we are planning, and low and behold, there is not one in Omaha, but Lincoln has one with 15 members. Hmmmmm

23. That awful vracer

Feb 6, 2000
    Okieday, I'm in for both days. One ticket for Wednsday, and two for Saturday. And I'm ready for AA. I have family precendence for understanding people who can't speak english!! :D

p.s. Jade, let me know when you need that book back. The loan was appreciated. I enjoyed it.

p.p.s. Howz aboot we have corran/banthagrl get tickets for the wednsday show, and have Craigrr get the tickets for the saturday show? Seeing as how all three have done the on-line ticket thing before. All that remains is figuring out how to get them payed back for buying the tickets. Or do you not actually pay for them at the time of order? I'm a little fuzzy on how this works. Am I to understand that you pay for them at the time you walk into the theater to see the show, and not at the time of order? Please clear this up for me. Please make the voices go away.....

....opps. Wrong message board.

24. yatchie

yatchie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2001
    The weekend works best for me. I would love to go Wed on opening day but unfortunatly it doesn't work well for me.

Dan

25. corranhornjje

Jun 9, 2001
    You order them online but I don't think your CC is charged until you actually pick the tickets up. I've never done it before so I'm not sure but that sounds like the way it "should" work.

Splitting it between 2 people sounds like a good idea. I think that if we sign up for a ticket we should pay for it even if something comes up and we can't attend. Otherwise we're screwing over the guy who buys the tickets for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.