main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Loss of official FF chapter status

Discussion in 'Archive: Denmark' started by Obi Anne , Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    It's been almost a year ago since I posted about the rules for remaining and official FF chapter. The two main rules was that you needed to have at least three meetings in a 12 month period, meetings that should be publicly announced and posted on FF.net, and a CR election.

Since I haven't heard anything about meetings or any CR election FanForce Denmark will loose it's official status, unless you can show evidence that you have had meetings and are going to organise a CR election immediately.

Jag är ledsen att det måste bli så här, men hoppas att ni kommer att hålla forumet igång iallafall.

2. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Well, I guess this is it then.

I wanted to give people a few days to post here, to see if anybody was still around, but apparently I'm the only one. :(

We have not been having any meetings for a very, very long time (since only two meeting doesn't count) and I don't really see the point of doing an election, since there's no activity here.
    I really hate to see this happen too, but I honestly think this should have been done a long time ago.
    I guess people just lost interest over time - it was not like we were ever that many people. And we were kinda running out of topics I think.

But, no matter what, I will still be around to haunt the European Fan Force ;)

3. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I am still here, but I didn't think it would prevent the inevitable to post anything at this point.

This is the rules, though I doens't see any harm in keeping the fanforces open. It will certainly will be more difficult to draw any new danish fans in when the board gets canceled.

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

4. Qui-Gina-Jinn

Qui-Gina-Jinn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 2, 2003
    Well, if I understand things correctly, we do get to keep the board.

We just loose our banner, have no CR and such.

/edit: and I think we will indeed have a hard time getting people here. It's not like there's too many of us in DK anyway, and lots of those there is seem to be at skywalker.dk (both of us included...)
    Admitted, it was different people that used to make up FFDK in past times than what is at skywalker, but still.

5. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    It is my understanding, that the board will be moved to Inactive Forums: FanForce where we will not be able to post in it. I could be wrong though as I doesn't have intell from the admin/mod board.

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    If you keep the board active I wont move it. I use the clause that since you have a separate language it would be hard to get new users if you had to post in English in the General European board.

You will have to keep on posting though or it will get inactive.

7. GuardianJedi

GuardianJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    Nooooooooo!

Var ska jag nu posta ??? ;)

8. Darth-Floyd

Darth-Floyd Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 5, 2003
    Hi Daniel :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.