main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [LOST] Peanut Butter- Charlie/Claire- Romance

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Peanut Butter
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Set during Season 1 during the episode Confidence Man.
    Characters: Charlie, Claire
    Genre: Romance
    Summary: Claire thinks about her growing relationship with Charlie.
    AN: I wrote this story after watching the episode Confidence Man, and I loved the scene where Charlie gives Claire "peanut butter". This story is basically a companion piece with the scene, from Claire's POV. I hope you like this!
    Disclaimer: Sadly I don't own the fabulous LOST, but ABC sure does.

Peanut Butter

It seemed to Claire that, over the last couple of days Charlie seemed to have gone through the ringer. She hadn?t really seen Charlie that much in the last couple days, but he just said he had the flu. Claire however wasn?t so sure. She had actually heard of Charlie?s band Drive Shaft, as a matter of fact she knew that the lead singer resided in Sydney. But one thing she did know, she had read in the papers about Drive Shaft?s wild lifestyle, and she was sure Charlie had been a part of it.

As shady as Charlie?s past might seem, she knew one thing, she truly cared for the man. Claire didn?t know why, but whenever he was around she just felt like smiling and had butterflies in her stomach. And unlike her previous boyfriend Thomas, (who was the father of her child) Charlie seemed to make her feel different in ways she never felt before.

As it seemed Charlie obviously cared for her. He promised he would find Claire some peanut butter, just so she would go back to the caves with him. He seemed so desperate and worried, it almost made her want to recant on her decision to stay on the beach and go with him. But she wanted to stay on the beach, she wanted to be ready when the rescue boat came.

Laying down, trying to fall asleep, she found that she couldn?t go long in her thoughts, before she once again thought about Charlie. I can?t be having a schoolgirl?s crush on him, she thought. He probably wouldn?t like me that way, we are just friends anyways. But he is a friend that can make me laugh, a friend that will find me peanut butter just so I can be with him. With those pleasant thoughts she feel in a deep sleep.

Hours later Claire was slowly beginning to wake up, when a sudden noise caused her to open her eyes. And there was Charlie, taking her clothes down off the clothes line.

?What are you doing?? Claire asked skeptically.

?Packing your stuff, you?re moving to the caves? replied Charlie casually as he continued to take things down.

Claire started and began to sit up. No way, he couldn?t have. ?You didn?t...peanut butter?? she asked, knowing it was too good to be true.

?Just like you ordered, there?s just one thing,? he said as he sat down across from Claire. ?It?s extra smooth,? he said.

What on earth was he getting at? ?That?s ok,? Claire said. Charlie moved to his bag and pulled out a empty jar. ?It?s empty,? said Claire stating the obvious.

?What?? asked Charlie as he opened up the jar. ?No, no it?s not. It?s full, full to the brim, with stick to your mouth. Oh God it makes you want a glass of milk, extra smooth,? he said mimicking the effects of eating a finger full of peanut butter. ?It?s the best bloody peanut butter I?ve ever tasted. You want some?? Charlie asked, holding the jar to Claire.

Claire had to laugh, and she ate from the full to the brim peanut butter jar. It was the cutest most creative thing anyone had ever done. She was astounded that Charlie would go and do something like that for her. Perhaps there would be a little romance between her and Charlie, she could only hope. But if she was around Charlie she knew one thing, he would always be there for her, always there to make her laugh. As they walked away from the beach, Claire was thinking that was the best peanut butter she could?ve ever had.

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Aww, that was really sweet. Loved that moment in season 1 and you did a great job of capturing Claire's thoughts.

I miss Charlie :(

Good post! =D=

3. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    Besides Desmond and Penny, Charlie and Claire had the most genuine realtionship on the show. This is also one of my favorite scenes on the show. Great Work!=D=

4. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Charlieeeeeee... :_| I had such hopes for these two - alas, those hopes will live only in your story. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.