main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA LOTR - Battle Games In Middle Earth

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Aztek, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    O....kay....

Anyhoo, Just some tips JA, the paint guide for the orcs says to paint them black with silver highlights, as you have done, but in fact the shields are made of leather.

Use a dark brown to paint the shields, then heavy dry brush with a lighter brown, then add more yellow once that's dry and give it a very light dry brush on the edges.

As for the flesh, lighten your green with a drop or two of yellow, and lightly edge the raised muscle and ear tips, cheeks and chin.

When you're done, mix up about 30% black paint with 70% tap water, and slop that all over them, this will mute the brighter colours a bit and add shading to the deep folds of the cloth, and the indents on the armour, the insides of the ears and so on.

Finally, for the bases, use very fine sand (Not sure what the sand is like where you are, but you've seen where I live, I just run down to the beach) and glue it in place, then paint it grey, then use a lighter grey to highlight the raised parts of the base, thenm add the flock as you have done.

Just some tips, good work though :)

2. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Hey S_M your work is pretty cool. Do you use a black or a White Base spray?

(I used Black most of the time, but I'm pretty slack)

3. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    Depends on the individual model, so far I've only used white base on Gandalf the white on Shadowfax, Sarauman and Galadriel.

Also on some Elves and Rohirrim if I want their hair to be lighter than normal, but I only base their heads white and the bodies black.

Gotta get some pics of the new stuff I've done, I've also been working on getting them done faster, I recently completed Theoden in 45 minutes and he's one of my best so far...

4. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Cool. Saruman with a black base would be good though- it gives them a dark sunken cheek look like Tarkin!

5. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I'm a bit upset at the moment.

Made a start on the men of Gondor yesterday and when I went to start on the helmets etc. I found that my Mithril Silver had dried up completely.

Seems that in the heat while I was away the lid popped open slightly. I've ordered another one but I doubt I'll see that before the end of the week.

Might do some more undercoating while I wait.

45 minutes to do a model, how the hell ? Do you have Clare sitting there swapping and cleaning brushes for you or something ?? Good work

6. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    There There . . . There There

I actually collect the toys! which are action figure size. I've got about 80 probably, but I'm still searching for the fables Peter Jackson figure!

7. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    I think we all are really :p what a collectable that would be in the collection.

8. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    It's a figure of Peter Jackson as a Hobbit as he portrayed in Fellowship of the Ring, when the Hobbits entered Bree.

I've got quite a lot of those figs as well, some of my favourite being the armoured Witch king and Sauron.

Still, the coolest collectibles from LotR I have in the house is some Orc prosthetics and a sheet of Elven poetry from Bilbo's desk ;)

9. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Awesome! that would be sweet. I'd like a Jar of Kenny Baker's Sweat from Tunisia Shoots inside a tin can!

10. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    I have Padme's senate chair, wouldn't that be better? ;)

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Not to mention Yoda... And your sabre. And Soup's sabre. And the other one. :D

12. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    The Yoda isn't a prop, and he's not mine...

But I do have Count Dooku's starship door!

13. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    Man you're a legendo!

I want Christopher Lee's haemorroid cusion he used on set in AOTC

14. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    please tell me you're kidding :p

15. Sith Magician

Sep 14, 1999
    That was bronzed and put on display in the local RSL club...

16. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE

May 23, 2005
    He's a God amongst men alright!

17. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I just received a package the other day from the people living at my old address.

It seems that even though I did the right thing and changed my address with the subscription people and had my mail redirected, two shipments of my subscription turned up at my old place.
    So after I jumped up and down and got free replacements because I believed they had not been sent, I've now got doubles of packs 16, 17, 22 & 23 as well as two extra binders.

SCORE !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.