main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Lucasfilm Confirms: Michael Arndt To Write Screenplay For Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Diggs, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    These were actually ok (in the context of him being deranged at that point). AOTC had far worse.

2. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Well, he's not my first choice, but now that it's set in stone, I wish him all the best and hope he can make the maximum number of people happy.

3. FloydB1Kenobi

FloydB1Kenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jun 13, 2002
    yes and no, there are some points that it would work, in particular scenes between Luke and Yoda, I'd like to see more in depth training of other jedi, not just kids aimlessly waving a light saber around. And the scenes on Bespin were good, particularly the Vader Luke fight as a reference to how dialogue should be during the fights

4. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Michael Arndt looks to be a promising choice. He certainly has my heartfelt wishes for a job well done (well, for a job well done and for not killing Luke :D).

5. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    All for it. Bet he's excited, but I definitly wouldn't wish the job on anybody. What was that Star Wars quote? oh yes, now I remember......

"Good luck. Your gonna need it."

6. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    More force ghosts? I mean sure I can handle Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin but I really hope they use that device sparingly. I do like that several things indicate he's planning the return of some fan favorites, as to which will appear, who knows.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Again, your opinion. I personally hope Lucas doesn't screw over the people who helped finance the PT - EU readers.

Also, stop trying to make this personal. You've called me firstly uninspired and now told me I don't understand a franchise which I've invested a lot of time and money in. It's fine that you have a different opinion to me, but there's no need to insult me.

yodasbum, Zeta1127 and That Bad Huh like this.
  8. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    That's a little overstated, I think.

9. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Again, your opinion. I personally hope Lucas doesn't screw over the people who helped finance the PT - EU readers.

Also, stop trying to make this personal. You've called me firstly uninspired and now told me I don't understand a franchise which I've invested a lot of time and money in. It's fine that you have a different opinion to me, but there's no need to insult me.[/quote]

Don't take it personal, it's just my opinion.

Also don't take it personal if EU continuity has little or nothing to do with EVII:

"Hey, Academy Award winning writer, don't forget to factor in this crummy short story Kevin J. Anderson cranked out for SW Gamer magazine in 1996!"

10. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Don't make the movie (like they repeatedly said they were not going to) if the timeline has already been filled. How about some artistic integrity?

11. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    How about some fan sanity?

It is literally astonishing to me that we are finally getting Episode VII, with a ridiculously amped up Disney budget, and an Academy Award winning screenwriter (who is actually good - I looked up some scenes on Y-tube and the man is solid, I can see why he was chosen, his focus is in the exact right place, he's got strong values, and his vibe is positive) and there are actually people concerned about the...continuation novels.

Wake up SW Fandom, shake off the dust, open some windows, let the fresh air in! This is the beginning of a bold new era, they're stepping up to the plate, this is the Real Thing!

12. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    AWESOME

13. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    He's too serious for Star Wars.

14. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I suppose this means Episode VII will be full of feels. But, in, like, a good way.

15. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Wanting consistency from GL = insane.
    Cool.

Zeta1127 and Heero_Yuy like this.
  16. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    The morality of de-canonising EU elements is beside the point. I think EU fans overvalue their importance; my guess is that action figure sales far, far outweigh EU sales, and at best the EU is seen as a brainstorming resource.

The EU isn't sacred and will be rewritten as suits. Get your expectations in check or prepare for soul-crushing disappointment.

17. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Oh, boy! This is exciting!

Toy Story 3 was absolutely adorable and, while not the sob-fest that 'Up' was, was very touching.

18. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    [​IMG]

19. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm happy they have a great writer on board. Looks like the Adventures of Luke Skywalker will get a proper continuation.

20. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Forget it, dude, it's hopeless.

Nice sig by the way: I saw TRON opening weekend in '82, loved T:Legacy & Uprising. Disney does it right sometimes, gives me hope for SW.

21. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Despite what it appears like, I fully expect the EU to be steamrolled and/or stripmined - TCW has illustrated the inevitability of this. Do I think this is right? No.

Zeta1127 likes this.
  22. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    well, you got me there I suppose. :p

23. -NaTaLie-

-NaTaLie- Force Ghost star 4

Nov 5, 2001
    LawJedi beat me to it :) Also, Kersh wasn't exactly doing romcoms before TESB.

24. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Could you imagine if they kept all the EU stuff that came out after new hope and carried it over to Empire and Jedi

Empire Strikes Back didn't need green bunny men. Episode VII doesn't need cloned emperors.

Moog likes this.
  25. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012

Interesting then that they came out with Jacen and Jaina Solo action figures a few years ago, just to suddenly now erase their existence. I mean, I'll get over the end of the post-RotJ EU as we know it, but it still is kind of Bowlshiddic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.