main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Luke Skywalker fans UNITE! (v.2)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by lightknight, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rehtul-minnau

rehtul-minnau Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 11, 2010
    Welcome, The_Zeltron! :D

I shall now ask you the question JediMaster1511 asked earlier: What is it that you like most about Luke? (If you can narrow it down to one post :p )

2. Fallen-Hero

Fallen-Hero Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 5, 2009
    Narrow it down to one post? I'm positive an essay can fit in a post, so how about a paragraph of say between five to ten lines :p

3. Jobal_Naberrie

Jobal_Naberrie Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2010
    Hi, The_Zeltron! Glad you're with us!

Fallen-Hero:
    Do you think five to ten lines will be enough?:p;)

4. The_Zeltron

The_Zeltron Jedi Master star 6

Sep 29, 2010
    Thank you for the welcome rehtul-minnau and Jobal_Naberrie! Sorry I took so long over this post. I've been busy for the last few days.

So, what I like most about Luke, huh? Let's see... That's hard to say.:p I guess my favorite thing about him is how he always manages to be both gentle and strong, and how he sees things about Vader that no one else would or could see. I always felt more sorry for Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader than anything else, and Luke behaves like he does, to a certain extent, too. Even after he said, "Then my father is truly dead," he was willing to give Vader more chances. He never really gives up on Vader, even when Vader stands beside the Emperor while the Emperor tortures him (Luke). I guess I admire Luke, not just like him. I would probably come up with one of those infamous "essays" about what I like about Luke if I kept on going, so I'll stop there. Just remember that's not all I like about him, just what I first admired about him.

5. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Oooh, I like this! ^ =D=

I don't believe that it would bother me one bit. I was quite enjoying it. :D

I've been trying to put together a list of sorts of some of my favorite "minor Luke scenes" - mostly just little things such as how he moves his hand, or a certain face expression, or the way he says something;

ANH
    1. The part where he is sitting on the edge of the compartment in the Falcon: I love his hair there! :p Plus, I like the face he is making.
    2. When he is sitting in the garage, watching Leia, after R2 plays the recording for the first time: the way he smiles just a little and cocks his head to the side.
    3. His little gasp after shooting the torpedoes into the exhaust port.
    4. The way he seems to be trying to edge his way off the rock he's sitting on when talking to Obi-Wan: "Aaaahhh....he claims to be the property of an Obi-Wan Kenobi...."
    5. His playing with that little T-16 (does it look like he broke it as he sat it down, and then tried to fix it as he walked away, or is it just me?)
    ESB
    1. The part when he falls over after seeing the vision of Han and Leia: there is no debating what color his eyes are after watching that part! And his hair is simply perfect. [face_love] :p
    2. When he falls down the stairs during his duel with Vader, and the way he sort of crouches down at the bottom, before Vader tries to jump on him.
    3. The part when R2 falls into the swamp: Luke looks scared silly at first; and then the way he sort of glares at the naughty little droid for frightening him so - "Artoooo....that way..."
    4. The way he looks up, then down, in the ventilation shaft (or whatever that thing is), just before the floor falls out underneath him.
    5. When he gets his hand cut off: not that I like to see someone get their hand cut off (that's horrible! :eek: ), I just like his scream - it was perfect! So spine-chilling; it makes me shudder every time. It annoys me that people say the acting was bad in this scene; if it was so bad, why is this the scene everyone remembers when talking about ESB? :confused:
    ROTJ
    1. I believe I have mentioned this one before, but the way he has his hands when he walks into Jabba's Palace.
    2. His snickering at Han while they are being captured by the Ewoks: he's finally having a little fun!
    3. The way he sort of looks over his shoulder when Vader ignites his lightsaber.
    4. One of my absolute favorites (among many others): the face expressions he goes through after Yoda dies - three or four completly different ones, each one distinct from the others; that's one thing I like about Luke: one can tell exactly what he's thinking simply by looking at his face - he doesn't have to say a word.
    5. The sound he makes when he falls into the rancor pit: that strange "hwEH!" sound. I think he makes a variation of the sound every time he falls into something. :p
    6. When he is looking out the window in the throne room when the Emperor orders that the Liberty be destroyed: I like the way he turns back toward the Emperor and lifts his hand a little, as though he thinks he might be able to persuade the fellow on the other end of the comm not to fire, but then turns back to watch in horror as the ship is disintegrated.

Those were a few of my favorites (I know there are more, I just cannot bring them to mind at this particular moment). Does anyone else have a few (or a lot :p ) that they can add?

6. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Thanks, rehtul!:D

On your list...

5. When he gets his hand cut off: not that I like to see someone get their hand cut off (that's horrible!:eek:), I just like his scream - it was perfect! So spine-chilling; it makes me shudder every time. It annoys me that people say the acting was bad in this scene; if it was so bad, why is this the scene everyone remembers when talking about ESB?:confused:

I always liked how he screamed and then seemed to collapse immediately, too, like the air rushing through him when he screamed was all that was keeping him upright, and when it left him he had nothing left against the pain, and just collapsed. It was perfect. And I never thought the acting was bad (naturally:p).

In RotJ, I liked how his emphasis when he said "I will not turn..." was on the "will" instead of the "not." Like the "not" was so firmly decided it was unimportant, and emphasizing the "will" showed his determination to follow through with his decision, in spite of everything.

Also in RotJ, I liked how he closed his eyes just after Threepio said "You see, Master Luke, they didn't believe me." The timing and expression was just perfect, and he looked like he was annoyed at Threepio and taking a deep breath to calm himself, instead of preparing to lift Threepio with the Force.:p I always thought that was pretty funny.

Anyway, I'm sure there's more to my list, too, but I can't think of any other additions off the top of my head.;)

7. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    The club made it to the second page........couldn't let that stand.:p

8. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    It seems to like it there.... :( :p

Yes! A superb line, and brilliantly said!

I watched ESB the other day and remembered another thing, which I will now add to the list:
    6. I like the way he put his hand up to his face after Vader hit him in the head with that box-object during their duel at Bespin.

I noticed how much Luke gets hurt in ESB - our poor Farmboy, always getting the worst of it! :(

9. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    Something about Luke that adds to his awesomeness. Both Luke and Anakin had their hands cut off during their journey as a Jedi. Anakin ends up falling to the Darkside getting revenge for his decapitated hand. Luke on the other hand(no pun inteneded.....you know what, yeah, pun intended.:p ) uses the injury to keep himself from the Darkside. Talk about getting lemons and turning them into lemonade, how great is he?

Answer: Do I have to ask?:p

10. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    Just wanted to say... I think Luke is officially my favorite SW character, after years of debate [my entire life, really- followed closely by anakin], and I think I have FINALLY found an icon I can stick with in this one.

YAY!

11. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Wonderful! I love your icon. :D What was it that made you choose Luke over Anakin?

12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    well I see myself in both of them and I'd rather see myself coming out on top. :p

it's the hope. the persistence. the refusal to surrender or give up.

although he did give up on the x-wing...

13. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    I'm sorry I've been gone for several days. There were no posts for a few days, so I forgot to check.

Thanks, rehtul!:D

Welcome, Darth_Deception!

14. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Merry Christmas, everyone! :D
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/vYzKr.jpg]

15. The_Zeltron

Sep 29, 2010
    Merry Christmas!:D

16. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    lol- now I'm leaning towards Anakin or Obi.

sorry guys! it was fun while it lasted!

:p

17. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    That's alright....I guess.... :p
    Go watch an OT episode; perhaps you will change your mind again! :)

18. dewback_rancher

dewback_rancher Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2009
    That was an epic list of the little moments that define Luke- I've totally gotta agree on Luke having to stifle a laugh at Han and the Ewoks; that's always been one of my favorite parts of ROTJ. [face_laugh]

19. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Thanks, Dewback! Feel free to add a few more to the list....;) :p

20. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    Oh, I will.

Wherever the wind takes me...

21. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Well, you're on the second page again, Luke. Not to worry, I shall get you back onto the first page again! (Though I probably should have done so earlier....)

I was looking through the Fan Fiction, and came across this. I thought it was a wonderful description of Luke from Han's point of view. There is one swear word, but other than that, I thought the author did a excellent job.

http://boards.theforce.net/beyond_the_saga/b10477/21441555/p1/?39

22. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That is pretty good. Like the look in the eyes thing.

23. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    Ah Ha! Another picture!
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/e/e7/Lukevaderunrotoscoped.jpg]

24. JediMaster1511

Jul 15, 2010
    That's a good one. Is that a walk through shot?

25. rehtul-minnau

Aug 11, 2010
    I'm not sure....what is a walk through shot? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.