main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mace Windu in Episode II

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by THE_DOODE, Mar 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE_DOODE

THE_DOODE Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    " This party's over "

or is it?

2. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Hell no. Mace is the sh&%! Pretty soon there will be a new thread in the Ep3 Forum titled "Mace Windu in Episode III". :)

3. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    you better believe it Grilled

4. Darth_Ozzy

Darth_Ozzy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Heres some food for thought.

Sith lightsaber=Red Jedi lightsaber=Blue
    Blue+Red= PURPLE

Purple would therefore represent conflict.

I know the jedi also have green, but not originally.

5. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    Ozzy if your right about Mace i give you mad props but i think Mace is a good guy

6. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    hi everyone

7. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    It's the doode

8. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    [image=http://www.sgtfretsurfer.com/Grilled-Sarlacc/s/i/headon.jpg]

9. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    HELL YA!

10. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    This was on the 7th page........

is it time to move on?

11. Darth-Murder

Darth-Murder Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2001
    Mace Windu...I don't care for Sam's overacting, but the new film does suggest there's something more about him than meets the eye.

12. Knightstalker-

Knightstalker- Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001
    I think it's nearly time for the "Mace Windu in Episode 3" thread.

13. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
    I thought it was great how his arena scenes were done, he did come across as a bad ass. Lets just hope that in the DVD that his fight with Jango is extended longer, that would be even cooler.

14. Dragar

Dragar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2002
  15. Mace__Windu

Mace__Windu Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2002
  16. THE_DOODE

Dec 3, 2001
    the thread is back!

Mace will kill his share in episode 3

17. JediGroove

JediGroove Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2001
    In AOTC, I like how he runs with one arm straight out with his lightsaber like a ninja. Awesome!

18. Mech-E_Jedi

Mech-E_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    All right, THE_DOODE, here's one for ya. First let me set my flame shield, but I am looking for serious thought here:

This is a repost from the main list -

OK - right to the point: Why is Mace Windu so important/ part of Jedi Council?

Derivation:

Givens: from the view point of the Star Wars Canon (the films and "official" books)

Evidence: I accept Yoda as a Jedi Master (AOTC demonstrated that well enough). Yoda, therefore, becomes my metric for mastery; wise, passive (not aggressive), strong with the Force. Close behind him is Qui Gon, and then Obi Wan.

Now, based on those criteria, compare and contrast Windu.

Wise: I don't interpret Windu as wise from such gripping dialogue as "I don't think the Sith could have returned without us knowing." Or my favorite, "This party's over."
    Passive (not aggressive): In the only scene we have of Windu fighting, he is awfully aggressive and decapitates poor Jango without so much of a blink of an eye. One would think that a Jedi Master who understands the Living Force, would have rather "disarmed" (as in both arms) him first.
    Strong with the Force: Here's another sticking point. Admittedly, to wield a deadly lightsabre requires one to be in tune with the Force, but I didn't see Windu use his lightsabre more elegantly than Qui Gon, nor Obi Wan, nor Yoda. As portrayed, I don't see Windu as cunning or crafty with his surroundings and the Force (I refer to Vader's, Maul's, Dooku's, Qui Gon's, Obi Wan's use of the Force outside of just the lightsabre in battle such as a Force "push" or telekinesis).

And so I come back to my point: Why does Mace Windu have such a prominent roll in the Prequel Trilogy? I have a hard time putting him on the same level as Obi Wan, let alone Yoda. Does George have something special planned from him in the upcoming film which will explain this or is he, as portrayed, the only Jedi with the cool looking purple lightsabre who can talk ghetto-smack?

19. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    Mace is just cool. His "I don't think so!" was even better than Obi-Wan's "I don't think so!"
    :)

20. Obi-Wan2001

Obi-Wan2001 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 6, 2001
    One thing's for sure. He wasn't the complete stiff he was in Episode 1. :p

21. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Well, Sam asked and Lucas agreed that Mace would not "die like a punk" in Ep. III...

so I'm expecting Mace to kick some serious ass...perhaps Yoda and Obi-Wan will be escaping with Padme, and Mace will cover them till they can leave. Like, he'll be taking on Sidious, Dooku, and Anakin at the same time. BMF!!

It's hard to believe that all of the Jedi are simply going to roll over and die...like Coleman Trebor.:)

-dust

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.