main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk Oct 16, 2005

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by TD-027, Aug 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Just got our volunteer postcard in the mail - we need to be there at 9AM.

What do people think about having lunch and the monthly meeting at Bennigan's in the Clarion? It'll be right there next to our water station. I'm assuming it'll be open for lunch on Sunday. It would make my life much easier as I have an Astronomicon meeting at 2pm at the Clarion and I'd rather not have to leave and then come back if at all possible.

~Doc_Bev

2. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    An added bonus would be free parking in the lot at the Clarion :)

3. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, Bennigan's customers get free parking at the Clarion, but I think it's only 3 hours and we'll probably be downtown for longer than that - at least I know I will be there from 9am-4pm.

~Doc_Bev

4. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    We're supposed to be at Water Station 3 right?

5. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    That's what it says on our card. I'm assuming that's the same one as last year.

~Doc_Bev

6. T_StarFlyer

T_StarFlyer Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2004
    Hmmm we haven't recieved anyting yet

7. TD-027

TD-027 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 27, 2004
    Tom, I know you and D were on the list. I'll check with Anne Ryan today. Water Station #3 is the same one we worked last year.

8. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    ok sounds good

9. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    ok we got our postcards today

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Here's the volunteer list:
    (updated 10/06 at 10:35am)

Definites:
    These names were submitted to official contact.
    TD-0279
    Lisa M.
    Doc_Bev
    KnightShade
    RSWingnut
    T_StarFlyer
    DarSolo
    TX4277
    MadKidJedi
    SCAFencer

Interested:
    Ayka
    Nevets
    BlueRoommate

Unable:
    Wookie-Cookie
    Emily Facer?

Any corrections/additions to the list - please let me know.

Hopefully everyone on the definites list has gotten their confirmation postcard by now? If you're on the interested list, but think you should be on the definites list - that means you didn't send your address to TD-027 so he was unable to send your name in and register you as a volunteer. We may have two open slots from Wookie-Cookie and her sister, but I'm not exactly sure how that'll work.

TD-027 - Will we be having t-shirts provided to us again this year?

~Doc_Bev

11. wookie_cookie

wookie_cookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2001
    I got my final schedule and I have to work, sorry guys. :(

12. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Nicky,
    PM sent

13. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Hey Nicky / Team,
    We will have T-Shirts provided to us again this year, I guess that is one reason that "Officially Registering" is important. If you guys would like, I could push for Costumes if there is interest. I think if we showed Anne some pictures of events she may be more receptive of the idea??? What do you guys think??

Duane

14. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Yes Costumes!!!!!!

15. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Anybody have a clue what the weather is supposed to be like? Remember how miserable it was last year - cold and rainy. Everybody wanted hot coffee or hot chocolate instead of water.

16. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Current weather predition is mid-low 60s and scattered showers. So I think I'm going to have to vote no to costumes. I really don't want my cloak shinking anymore than it already has and neither Chewbacca nor Darth Maul would do well in the rain.

I can bring the banner and duck tape again so that we can at least have our banner showing at our station.

I wish there was an easy way to provide hot chocolate for hundreds of people. :(
    We would definitely be the most popular "water" station if we could.

~Doc_Bev

17. TD-027

Feb 27, 2004
    Providing Hot Cocoa would be awesome but, I'm sure it would get VERY expensive really quickly. Unless someone like Sam's or BJ's Donated it. Then we would only have to figure out how to keep the water Hot :). And I'm with Nicky if it is supposed to rain I'd take a pass on the costumes :-(.

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    So I'll have a sweatshirt over my cool Cancer Walk tshirt? Bah.
    I'll just switch em up. Stretch it as far as possible :)

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Yeah, most of us put the volunteer shirts as our top most layer. Mine didn't fit over my raincoat though. Gloves are a good thing to have too. Even if it doesn't seem cold enough to wear gloves - when you're out in the rain holding on to cold bottles of water - they help at least a little. Also a hat or hood to keep off the rain as you won't be able to hold an umbrella and pass out water bottles at the same time. In fact, a change of clothes might not be a bad idea too... that way folks are nice and dry for the meeting afterwards.

~Doc_Bev

20. T_StarFlyer

Nov 2, 2004
    Party poopers

21. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    Your costume.
    Your case of Flu too. :)

22. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    If the weather is nice (i.e. no rain nor snow), I'd be up to wearing a costume for this event. Many of our costumes can handle layering for warmth or are pretty warm to start with (i.e. the Jedi).

However, I thought the organization insisted that we had to wear their bright orange volunteer t-shirts last year though. So, its a moot point wearing our club t-shirts or sweatshirts then.

23. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    last year I didn't wear the t-shirt over my coat- there was no way that was happening, lol. If we're pretty sure we can come, but not positive, but we're not signed up as a definate volunteer, what's the course of action at this point.

I've got company driving in from out of town, and I'm not sure of arrival times, I won't know until a couple of days before due to his work schedule. So.... What next for me??

24. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    If the organizers gave us the OK and if there was absolutely no chance of rain I would wear my Jedi robes. But I have a feeling the volunteer shirts will be required this year as well (and I have a feeling it's going to be rainy ;)).

BlueRoommate: I don't think they'd turn away volunteers - you might just not get a new t-shirt.

~Doc_Bev

25. TX4277

TX4277 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    TD-027,
    I haven't seen any volunteer info arrive in my mailbox at home yet. I assume you sent my info in. Can you check please?

Thanks- Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.