main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA March Meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Tatooinepadme, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Hey Everyone,
    So its a month out from Wondercon and especially since we decided to have a table, we need to have a meeting. I know we won't be able to get everyone but it's important that everyone who can possibly come, try to make it. Since a large portion of the club lives in the east bay, I figure maybe its time we have a meeting out there. Eva suggested Hayward since that seems to be equal distance for everyone. I am starting to scout possible locations. I am thinking of a restaurant like Fuddruckers as it has been requested that we do something more social in addition to the meeting. Let me know your suggestions about dates and times and I will take the one that works for most people. Also, if anyone has a suggestion about venues, let me know. As of right now, the only date I CANNOT do is Saturday March 13.

2. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    I will attend regardless of where or when it is. We just need to be sure that people who dont drive have adequate public transportation access to the spot.

3. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Saturday March 6th is out for me and quite a few other people.

Sunday th 14th could work for me. I'd just like to have the date set the sooner the better because I wanted to visit my sister this month and feel like I have not been able to plan it because I have no idea when the meeting is :(

Rachel, why don't you make a post to the Yahoo group too?

4. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    There are still a handful of members still NOT on the Yahoo Group.

[face_shame_on_you]

5. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I don't get it, so you are saying don't use the Yahoo group at all? We know there are some members who are not in the group, but there are clearly some members like Alison and Joan who appreciate getting those Yahaoo group notifications. They have expressed it several times. *shrug*

It is up to Rachel if she wants to take it yet another step further and e-mail all our members - I would suggest that as well. But she will need the e-mail contacts from you Matt. I know we spoke about you forwarding the SFFF contacts list since she is now CR :)

6. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    I sent out a message through the yahoo group. If there is anyone I should email seperately, let me know. I would like to get the most people there as possible.

7. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I think I should be able to make most weekend days this month. I know I will have a couple of activities in March, but dates/times aren't set yet.

Rachel, did you have a time of day in mind? I really like the idea of including a social aspect to the meeting, and food is always a good place to start. Were you thinking lunch or dinner?

8. krissy1kenobi

krissy1kenobi Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2010
    An East Bay location is great for me, since I live in Fremont. March 6 and 13 are out, but as soon as the date is set I will probably be able to attend. A meal while discussing things would be awesome, lunch or dinner. I don't know many places in Hayward so I can't offer suggestions.....Union Landing has several options, though.

9. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I forwarded the message to those not on the Yahoo Group. Rach, I'll send you the contact info.

As for weekends, Dale and I won't be available the 6th & 7th and (might) not be available the 20th or 21st.

10. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    There is an Armadillo Willy's in Dublin http://www.armadillowillys.com/index.html

And a Fuddrockers in Union City http://www.fuddruckers.com/index.php

The good thing about both these restaurants is that you order and pay for your food ahead of time. Very convenient for early arivlas, late arrivals, early departures, etc. And no head scratching trying to figure out how to divide up a check.

11. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Convenient payment for food with separate checks sounds like a big plus!

12. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    It looks like Sunday March 14 might be the best day. I am thinking either of a late lunch or an early dinner since I know its hard for people to break off in the middle of the day but I also don't want to make people late getting home. How about 3pm? Does that work for people? Why don't we say the Armadillo Willy's in Dublin that Robert posted above. If people would like to suggest an alternate location, let me know.

13. krissy1kenobi

Feb 12, 2010
    The 14th is fine for me, and pretty much any time will work. I prefer Fuddruckers to Willy's though, I think their bbq is lousy lol. It will be nice to meet some of you! =D

14. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, I'm glad Robert mentioned places where we can order our own food. Or not, I wouldn't want people to feel like they can't come to the meeting if eating out is not in their budget.

I personally prefer the afternoon to the evening since my husband prefers for me to be home in the evening. But that's just me, if the only time is early evening I'd go - it's just not optimal for me.

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    March 14 should be fine for me. I think 3pm sounds like a good first compromise on time. Why don't we give it a th this time and see how it works for people?

It's been so long since the one or two times I've been to one of Hess restaurants that I can't remember what they were like. So, I will defer to others for picking one.

16. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Eva has suggested we go to the pizza place in union city where the 501st has their meetings since Dublin may be too far for people. She is going to post the details of the location.

17. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    It looks like I'm working the 14th. Sorry, I won't be able to make it, unless I can find someone to switch with. Since February went by without a meeting date, I didn't have enough time to request a date in March for one, so our schedule was already made. :(

As far as location, is it accessible by BART, as our other meeting places are? Otherwise, people will have to carpool.

18. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005
    Sorry about the late notice Matt. I was waiting for all the admin stuff to be finalized before I started working on a meeting date. For those of you unable to make it, if there is anything you want me to mention at the meeting, PM me and I can make sure it gets passed on to the group.

19. irishjedimaster

irishjedimaster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2010
  20. Nebelwerfer

Nebelwerfer Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 8, 2008
    How about Hayward ?

21. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hi Russ! Thanks for introducing yourself. We're always very happy to welcome new people to the group. You can also post in our new member introduction thread here if you would like.

Looking forward to meeting you later this month!

22. Handmaiden_Abri

Handmaiden_Abri Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2010
    Hello everyone!

23. X-Darksaber

X-Darksaber Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2010
    Since there seems to be a trend with people expressing their intent to join, I guess I will jump on the band wagon and let you guys know my intent to join as well. I will be coming down from the north bay with my kids for the meeting.

-Charles

24. krissy1kenobi

Feb 12, 2010
    Have we actually settled on the time and place yet?

25. Tatooinepadme

Apr 27, 2005

March Meeting Date March 14- Place Fuddruckers, 32175 Union Landing, Union City. Time: 3pm.

I know it's not right by Bart but it's only a couple of miles away and if need be I am sure we can do some transport to and from the Bart Station. There is a movie theatre nearby and multiple reasturants, as well as a Walmart so it seems like a good place. Remember we can always change the place for the next meeting if this one turns out to not work. I just wanted to pick something out in the east bay since we have a lot of members over there.
    To all the new members, let me say welcome. Bring your ideas and don't be afraid to jump right in. I will wear my SFFF shirt so you guys can find us. Since we are fans of movies in general, you will often see us wearing all sorts of gear. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.