main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY March of the Snow-Mandos!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Darth Erebus, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Darth Erebus

Darth Erebus Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    As we all recover from the amazingness that was the incredible star war night, it is time to get this project we all have been talking about for awhile now!

this will be the dedicated forum to discuss all details regarding the snow mandos.

as we talked about in the past, the best way for all of us to build our armor is with a costume party. In preparation for said soiree i think we need to plan out a few things.

1. we should decide on what materials to use so we have some consistency through out the group.
    2. after that is agreed upon, should we bring our own materials( like bring x amount of stuff) or should we pool money fowards lump purchases of resources.
    3. while everyone can have their own personal take and characterized armor if they should so choose, what should our unifying theme or scheme be? group emblems, color markers, certain armor parts stylized to signify our unity?

these are jsut a few things that come to mind in order to set up and get the ball rolling on this endeavor.

I am excited to get this going as i know a lot of you are!

add your input. ask your questions, throw your ideas at us!

for as we all know winter is coming and we must be prepared!

2. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    Thank you for getting this started!

3. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    you are welcome!

4. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Yeah baby...let's do this.....or should I simply say....nice

5. Wild Sidewalker

Wild Sidewalker Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks for taking the lead and I think you pose excellent questions. Can we feel free to develop our responses here or shall we meet face-to-face to address them?

6. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    lets keep as much info on here as we can to make sure everyone has access to the same info in regards to the snow mandos. and if a conversation is had if it can be just be recapped on the boards to open it up for others input as well that would be stupendous!

72Princess likes this.
  7. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Dave, thanks for taking the reigns on this. I have some things to pay off before I commit to another costume, but I am interested.

8. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    No worries Jon. Before we get to buying anything i want everyone who wants to take part in this project to be on the same page and all agreed on this project. everyone is open to add their voice to this.

lets start by getting a definite list of all people interested in doing this.

post your interest, and want to dedicate some time and effort into this project and i will make a list and make sure everyone is up to speed.

also, right now while its still in discussion phase there is no time frame as to when you can make your interest known. however when we get cooking and we are down to the final planning phase a final list will have to be made and again when that time comes i can shoot out an email to make sure everyone knows whats going on and if they want to jump on last minute.

9. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    AJ is going to stick with BOBA

I am SO IN!!!

10. BigDanLevitan

BigDanLevitan Jedi Master star 5

Jun 26, 2005
    I'm in. You needn't have to ask....lol.

Color scheme idea white duster similar to Snowy's, grey/light grey coveralls or flight suit similar to the one I wore under the vong.

I have an in for helmets outside of Dave making them.....

Keep me in the loop please and than,s for starting this

11. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    I like the idea of the grey jumpsuit/flight suit, thats what i was thinking of as well.

if you have an idea for a helmet go ahead and run with it Dan. I am not putting any restrictions on this project as far as personalizing helmets and or armor in one way or another.

I have mentioned this to a few people, but i have an idea for my personal helmet as well.

[​IMG][​IMG]

this is how i want to do my helmet, with a few tweaks of my own.

there are a few different styles of mando helmets out there.

if some people want to a boba style, nothing wrong with that. and if they want to a different design thats cool too.

untiy and variety within our snow mandos is definitely what i would like to see.

and this is the loop right here dan, i want as much info regarding the snow mandos kept on here for all to see!

12. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I have few ideas for my armor and helmet...also idea for emblem....and why am I getting vision of possible mando army invading coca cola field lol

13. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I need to get some worbla to start my helmet

14. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

the mercs showing off a wide variety of buckets

15. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I am interested. I'm great with ideas and such, but less so using my hands and creating things. A party/gatherings would be awesome as it would help me learn and develop those skills beside others who can help me and advise me step by step.
    Whatever we do, I would like the quality to be as legit as we can make it. So we could go to celebration or whatever and not be mocked basically by our Kin. lol
    Some thoughts:

1) I was thinking something black and white like if we were going snow mando. Kind of like the bottom right bucket just with more white.

2) do we want to be similar? Maybe a patch or a symbol or color scheme that matches with us all?

3) what makes us "snow mando's" as opposed to any other mando? The white? Are all of us going to follow this route?

4) following with the above 2 points, I feel we should consider figuring out and doing something that relates. Something that people could look at us and know we are one group. Yet each with our different flair and differences. Be it the color scheme, or symbol, or whatever. Not a requirement of course, but I think it would look and be impressive as a group. Even if we just end up as a group of mando's, with only some of us snow mando's.

Just some thoughts.

16. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    The color scheme would make us all the same regardless of helmet or armor type.

17. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    The duster, jumpsuit, mukluks (boots), and other things would all be the same. Armor patterns and helmet types could all be different.

Like I said on FB, not my show.

18. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    i think all the people expressing interest all want to make quality armor and costumes. i dont see any reason for not going all out on something you want to do. we will do it right i promise!

i posted in my first few responses pretty much what you have just said here.

and i think everyone interested wants to stick to the snow-mando theme. adding and borrowing from our surroundings of our buffalo homeland.

all input is welcome, and check out other posts to see what other peoples input is. everyones suggestions are valued and will be taken into consideration in this discussion and planning phase of the snow mandos.

19. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    I would like to keep some things off this thread to keep a lil bit to imagination and get somewhat of surprise effect once we do our big unveiling

BigDanLevitan likes this.
  20. Darth Erebus

Sep 2, 2012
    i concur. and for that an email list will be compiled.

21. RingoStarrkiller

RingoStarrkiller Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Way to step up with this, Dave. It's really great to see members take charge with these types of things.

22. Marka_Ragnas

Marka_Ragnas Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    Thanks Dave for starting this. I am in for this project...and possibly my wife Christine.

The white color could definitely be the common color (white and black for snow), but then we could personalize helmets and decals.

23. BobbyFromBUF

BobbyFromBUF Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 23, 2013
    I want to be a part of this so bad! However, I literally just started on my Stormtrooper, so I may need to wait on this one. I will however be following the thread closely!

24. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    I think after the recruitment meeting this Saturday that we should all meet up.
    Most of the interested parties will be in attendance and we can brainstorm or just chat.
    Throwing it out there.

25. BigDanLevitan

Jun 26, 2005
    We've only been talking about this since September of last year. This is just a new thread so that the costuming thread doesn't get bogged down with this chatter.

That said, Thanks Dave for getting the ball rolling on this again!