main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher were told August last year

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Saurion-Fett, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Jimstarwarsfan

Jimstarwarsfan Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    From reading earlier posts, I'm sorry but, you have to have Hamill in the new film/films to some extent. B-list actor maybe, but don't anyone think he was slightly typecast by hes roll as Skywalker. mmmm! Plus if you get crap films and scripts to work with, what do you expect.

Regarding Harrison Ford and correct me if i'm wrong but, Did'nt Lucas offer Ford a big pay day to do another star wars movie a couple years back. I remember hearing that Ford turned Lucas offer down. I really can't remember where i heard all this.

I feel more excited about these films than the prequel trilogy.

2. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    as most people here seem to agree it sounds like he would be the link or torch bearer ....but i see a future as a force ghost

3. Trynket

Trynket Jedi Youngling

Nov 2, 2012
    I imagine it will continue the Droid story, rather than having anything too much to do with Hamill or Fisher.

4. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Actualy no I cant imagin it. Thats why it would be so freaking cool if it happens ^:)^ :cool:

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  5. Moog

Moog Jedi Master star 1

Apr 23, 2003
    Reading between the lines of Mark Hamill's comments, it sounds like he's assuming he (they) will be involved - and it would be ridiculous if the filmmakers didn't want him (them) involved in some way, so I'll be extremely surprised if it doesn't happen.

6. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    No Statements from carrie fisher surely the media must be banging on her door

7. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    I would absolutely love the movie to open with Luke in full Emperor style Sith robes electrocuting some poor smuck underling. The whole audience is somehow swerved and go WTF! Then the trilogy can be about Lukes redemption with his son as the lead actor, helped by Han & Leia. Darth Luke hooks up some new hot bada$$ Sith warrior chick and there's your trilogy. Awww yeah :D

8. Deejo

Deejo Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 22, 2010
    Let me add I am drinking scotch right now, and that idea sounds amazing haha :D

I've always thought he looked the part after seeing him last in Jay & Silent Bob.

jedi_jra likes this.
  9. Eternal_Jedi

Eternal_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 12, 2001
    I think that the only way that Hamill, Fisher, and Ford won't make any appearance in Episode VII is if the actors simply refuse to take part in it.

For most of the adult (late 20s and older) movie-going audience, Star Wars is Luke, Han, Leia, and Darth Vader.

The major hook for the prequel films for those who had seen the originals -- whether hardcore fans or casual movie-goers -- was to show the story of how Anakin Skywalker became Darth Vader. New Star Wars films without Luke, Han, Leia, or Vader aren't going to be of much interest to the casual movie-goer who grew up with the OT.

Frankly, it would be commercial suicide for Lucasfilm to revive the plans for Episodes VII, VIII, and IX without including the main characters from the OT in some form. When the casual movie-goer hears about new Star Wars sequels being made, he's going to think about Luke, Han, and Leia, and what happened after Return of the Jedi. He isn't going to care what happens in that fictional universe 100 or 200 years after ROTJ, when R2-D2 and C-3PO are perhaps the only familiar characters in the movie. He might go to see the movie as another effects-laden summer blockbuster, but isn't likely to have much emotional investment in it.

I don't honestly see any of the three actors refusing to have anything to do with at least Episode VII. Luke is the only one who really needs to play a significant role in the film (in terms of screen time). Han and Leia could make a meaningful appearance in the film with what would amount to a couple of days of shooting time on the set. I can't see either Ford or Fisher refusing to do that, if only as a personal favor to Lucas.

I'd love to see all three return in significant roles, with a younger cast portraying a new generation of heroes emerging into more dominant roles as the trilogy progresses.

HanSolo29 and Matsemitsu like this.
  10. Matsemitsu

Matsemitsu Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    I too think that they would. If VII, VIII and IX are going to be a continuation of the saga, you need, by definition, some continuing elements. A lightsaber and a planet shot of Tattooine won't do that, including some of the original characters will.

11. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    When I read the interview a few days ago, I immediately figured this lunch was in Orlando during Celebration VI. They were all in town then. Harrison Ford wasn't there.

Death T likes this.
  12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    It was back in August of 2011, there was no convention. It's still weird though Harrison wasn't present. Maybe he had something to do or was sick? Either way I'm sure he knows, everyone who's been involved with Star Wars probably knows by now. Lucas could've had a talk with him on the phone shortly after the dinner.

13. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    ^ No, it wasn't; it was in August of this year (2012). Hamill's apparently confusing time descriptor aside, the Kathleen Kennedy mention is the deciding clue, because she only became part of Lucasfilm in June.

14. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    I saw the ROTJ era interview where he implied to Shriver that he'd be a ghost. Obviously lots could have and probably has changed since then.

15. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Not so mis leading now.....

"They're talking to us," said the 61-year-old Hamill in a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight. "George [Lucas] wanted to know whether we'd be interested. He did say that if we didn't want to do it, they wouldn't cast another actor in our parts -- they would write us out."

i

16. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well it confirms that last August Hamill & Fisher were officially told they are in EP7 is they won't to be ......

17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Finally, some casting information.
    Pity you made this thread four months ago and not today.

18. Saurion-Fett

Jul 3, 2001
    Pity that a little bit of power goes to peoples heads....

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  19. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Just remember guys....JJ will probably pull another one of his "Secrecy things" and tease us with whether or not the original cast is actually in it or not. He just likes to tease people and make them speculate. That little adorable bastard :p