main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Science Fiction Mass Effect - Ashen

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sir_Draco, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    Level 6

The remaining Asari dancer took cover next to her comrades. Only Mara took out her weapon and kneeled around the next corner a bit down the corridor. then there was silence. No sound or voice from anywhere. And with a sudden hum the doors of the control-room opened and two shots thundered out of it, only hitting the wall. A low frequency hum was heard, as someone´s shields loaded. "Come out any nobody has to die. we´re only here for one man. if you leave us alone, none of your people needs to bit the metal floor." The man´s voice was anxious. Not nervous, but neither the cold-blooded voice of a professional when it came to killing.

And for those who did not fully concentrate on the man inside the control room, there was pling that announced the soon arrvial of the lift at the far end of the corridor, about 20 meters away from the standoff at the door.

Tag: Group on Level 6

Combined with SirakRomar who send me her update to post and now I make it into a combined. Hope that´s okay, Sirak. You get your post and update in one, so to say . . .

[color=red][b]Aleena[/b]
    [i]Unknown Colony[/i][/color]

Aleena nodded and slowly moved towards the lift. "Whatever they are, they´re hostile, dangerous and probably have the numbers on their sides. So only controlled bursts of fire and once we are down to half our ammo, we retreat." She ordered Louren and gestured to Beyana to take a posiition in their back. She raised her gun and breathed in and then half way out, pointing the Avenger right at the doors of the lift. They slided to the side and indeed, something was there. A Turian covered in blood stumbled out and collapsed. He was breathing heavy and reached up to Louren who pointed his gun at hte mans head and stepped back, quickly.

"Help. Mandrin . . . " was all he said and from the lift came another sound. Through the floor of the metal lift a creature burst. It simply shoved all metal plates aside and landed on it´s feet. then it slowly raised up only a meter away from them, soon towering over the three humanoid intruders. The wounded Turian desperatly tried to crawl away from it.

[image=http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/827/827811/blacksite-area-51-20071016005837829.jpg]

[b]Tag: SirakRomar[/b]

[hr]

[b]Dr. Merlot[/b]
    [i]Menry[/i]

"Shot him and you´ll never make it out of here." Merlot said with a calm voice. "We are not yet at war, but once we are you will be surpriased what three hundred miners who appear any second now can do to your elite-squadron. And don´t tell me you´ll be gone by then. I expect you wanted ot have found that Bounty hunter minutes ago, right? Too bad. Too bad I do not know where you find him. Too bad the one creature you turn your weapon on might know. Too bad neither of us likes Cerberus enough to care telling you anything, now. Too bad you came here. Because Ashen is not exactly the place you wanna make trouble. Believe me."

Had their other man found the Menry-people? they had more people inside the station. That much was clear form their communciation. he needed his people to buy time. So he threatened her.

It was a bluff. It was a daring bluff. She would not fall for it. but she wouldn´t kill the Professor either, he hoped. And any second, any second he made her consider his words was one the others were closer to escape. The administrator would find a way to deal with those inturders. Once the miners were back they outnumbered thise guys 300 to one. Time was on his side . . .

[b]Tag: TSG[/b]

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Andrew Kesler
    Level 6 corridor

The doors slid open and shots rang out. Thankfully none of them were hit. The voice from inside the room said that they were there for only one man.

But Kesler's attention was distracted when he heard a pinging noise from the opposite end of the corridor. The lift? Had those commandos outside finally reached them?

Kesler feared the worst... There was that damn paranoia again.

TAG: others on Level 6...

3. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot
    Level 6 hall

The doors opened without warning. Talmot flinched back instinctively as two shots flew past and struck the wall, followed by the hum of kinetic barriers charging up from within the room.

"Come out any nobody has to die. we´re only here for one man. if you leave us alone, none of your people needs to bit the metal floor."

The batarian eyed the black smudges where the energized projectiles had scored hits. "Is that right? So we?re supposed to believe that your finger slipped twice?" He spat on the floor. "Sorry, but we?re not that stupid. Since you?ve got nowhere else to go, how about you walk out here, slowly. Then maybe we can help each other out."

Busy negotiating, he didn't notice the chime announcing the arrival of the lift farther down the hall?

Tag: Level 6 group

4. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    OOC: Okay so it took me this long to notice that I did have an update but somehow I completely missed it this whole time [face_laugh] Ah well! *type type type*

Lyle Zahara
    Ground Hangar

Lyle gritted his teeth as he heard the thundering boom of the Mako's cannon, his ears immediately ringing in response to the loud noise that assaulted them. It wasn't as bad as loud noises tended to get on the job - what with the varied use of demolitions in mining operations - but whereas Lyle usually had a remote detonator and thousands of yards between him and the explosives for that kind of work, the cannon had been right on top of him. Combine that with the sudden acceleration as the Mako raced towards the door and the miner just wasn't happy right now.

But the asari's health remained the constant thing in his mind. Despite how the Mako suddenly shook violently and there came the horrendous sound of something being torn clean off the vehicle, Lyle remembered that he had a suit to examine. And it was when he nearly had his head smacking into the floor at the Mako's sudden deceleration upon making it into the hangar that he saw it. Wiggling within Eyana's suit was something. Something that most certainly did not belong in there.

Lyle's first thought was that it was some kind of insect even though he had no knowledge of any kind of life existing on this world. Well, even if there was he would have to assume that anything that managed to live here was exactly like the planet: dangerous. Without a second thought, Lyle shoved gloved hand into Eyana's suit, hoping to quickly snatch whatever it was that was inside and smash it again the vehicle's floor.

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

5. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Co-GM´s NOTE on the situation: So, as I already declared I had some talk with Draco. He is fine, or as fine as anyone can be with constant trembling of the ground and hell on earth around him. But he is holding up great and I am very proud of him!

Anyway, the two sentences we exchanged about this game were pretty clear. Only God knows when he will return home and therefore I am in charge until further notice.

Thing is: I did not design this game. It is actually Draco´s first game I had no hand in whatsoever. I only got a mail with some (let me add "awesome") game notes from which I work right now. They all are about Chapter 1 of 5. And they are far from complete. Especially one very essential core-info I am totally missing. Without that I would not be able to go beyond a certain point of this game. And I won´t replace Draco´s ideas with mine, obviously.

Therefore the plan is simple. I GM as far as I get. Might still be a good few weeks. Then I got more to work with from Draco or we simply go on hiatus until Draco returns. Everybody okay with that? Silence will be considered to be agreement :p

Thanks and my next post is an update. Most likely on the weekend.

-Fin-

6. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    ooc: That seems to be a workable and fair way to deal with it, Fin. You´re doing an amazing job, by the way. Read through the game and your take over reads pretty flawless. Not that I expected any less from a Gm like you . . .

Cira
    Menry

She would not have objected to shoot both aliens. After all that was what they were. Aliens. Not humans. But she was on an extraction and not on a mission to slaughter anybody. Not if it was not necessary. "Well, dear Doctor." She spit out the last word as if it was an insult. "You can play all you want. You can try to buy yourself time. You can lie and deceive me. But I assure you . . . absolutely assure you . . . we won´t go. Not without that Bounty Hunter. And actually we do not even intend to harm him. Not necessary. Not if he cooperates. one question and one answer and we can all part in peace. In peace." She allowed the words to sink in. "Or you can try and hold us here until your security gets into gear, which seems to need an eternity. Do you pay these guys? Anyway. Then we will have a firefight. People will die. Probably all of mine but surely some of yours. A lot of yours." She holstered her gun. "And all of that because you wanted to keep that stranger from answering one single question. One single little question."

She spread her arms. Then another smile. She had given him the seed of a doubt, now she made her last move to accomplish the checkmate. "And all of this keeps your people from dealing with these robotic intruder, of course. They might be far more dangerous than we are, you know?"

Tag: Fin

[i]for Sirak . . .[/i]

[b]
    Aleena[/b]
    [i]Unknown Colony[/i]

Things got worse. Whatever this was, it had probably once been human. And even after 200 years, she had the ability to be shocked. It was a confusing and powerful sensation. The Turian was dying. His murder obviously the machine-thing. That meant it was hostile. And that was all she needed to know for now.

[b]"Fire."[/b]

Her command was simple and her gun turned up and she pushed the trigger.

[i]Kill the thing, inspect it, question the Turian.[/i] A simple plan. A first step to achieve her newest goal on that mission. [i]Survive.[/i] And suddenly the success of that basic goal was very much in question.

The Avenger trembled in her hand, as she fired her first salvo at the legs of the thing.

[b]Tag: Fin[/b]

7. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: I'll gladly go along with whatever happens with this game. Keep up the good work, Fins.

8. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Level 6 . . .

When he got no answer the man inside the control station obviously lost his patience. He had been seconds away from getting reinforcement, when he leaped out of his hiding into the corridor, opening fire. He missed Taylor by an inch with two shots, as his heavy pistol spitted plasma into the corridor. Mara dived for another cover, as a shot accidentally hit next to her. What he had not seen was he had turned his back towards the barkeeper, the bounty hunter and the second Asari dancer.

Far away the door slided open and two of the fully armored commando soldiers slipped out, their submachine guns ready and pointed into the corridor. they did not open fire yet, because they had not got any overview of the situation, but they knew they had to, soon. Or they would risk the group with withdraw into the control room to find cover there.

Tag: Menry/Level 6 people

Menry . . .

Dr. Merlot looked at the young human and breathed out. Looking at the Hanar he realized the Professor was not the greatest artist in sending hints. Winking was not the Hanar´s strong point, he guessed. He wondered if this "invasion" thing was a desperate bluff or true. It seemed to "convinient2 that he assumed the first. But it seemed so obvious then, then it might have been the second. He sighed once more. Every second they gave him to find a decision gave him a moment longer give the others time for a better start. "You know what? You gotta question? Use the speakers?" He smiled. Then his smile vanished, as he saw something move on the corridor behind them. It had been small and fast, but had been there. Without any doubt. He kept his mouth shut. Maybe it was help. Or maybe that invasion nobody had yet realized it happened.

Tag: TSG

Mako, Hangar . . .

Lyle reached into the suit and there it was. It was big. Surprisingly big to have slipped into a suit. But he grabbed it, almost loosing grip again, when he realized it was bloody and had a very even skin. It was of metal. Something surprising, when he pushed it free of the suit and into the open.

[image=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8Ql8bGEAktA/TI-HgpHU0aI/AAAAAAAAAgg/UCkv43Xj8-8/s400/steel_spider_front.jpg]

A steel metal spider, the size of his gloved fist was there, trying to escape. The legs were thin and weak. but something was terrifying about the thing. It was covered in blood, as if it had treid to eat into the Asari body.

Lyle heard the driver cabin open. "I´ll get you guys help." The smaller miner had feinted and lay motionless on the gorund next to Lyle.nobody had seen this thing so far.

Tag: Sarge

Unknown Colony . . .

Aleena and Louren opened fire with every they had. Their shots hit the thing, as it did not try to dodge any of them. It did not try to find cover or escape. It simply approached, with it´s shield bristling with impacts. None of Aleena´s shots went through. They just seemed to vanish into an energy barrier unlike any she had ever seen. It was at least four times as powerful as the most advanced military shield available. But it was not impenetrable. One of Louren´s angry burst finally got through and hit what looked like the shoulder of hte thing. It was forced to stumble a few steps back and the Turian crawled out of it´s reach. The human face, the only thing that hinted at humanity in it´s shape turned to Louren. The mouth opened teeth gritted and black fluid was pressed out of it, as if came from inside the body. With the head the "fourth arm" attached to the things back turned. Obviously a weapon, that followed it´s sight it turned directly to Louren. the huge Salaarian understood a second too late. The light that build inside the opening at the end of the arm grow brighter and then a single beam of red energy escaped it. It simply cut the Salaarian in two halfs. Ignoring shields and armor, it sliced through his body, before dying down again.

Then the face turned to Aleena. "What . . . what . . . what is that . . . ?" Beyane mumbled right behind

9. Livi-Wan

Livi-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Corridor, level 6

Kai spat out some very strong language as the man inside the control room ran out, taking potshots at the group. How she managed to void getting hit she'd never know: perhaps the ancestors were looking out for her after all. Matters were further compounded by the elevator opening and two more commandos disembarking.

Keeping her pistol trained on the man and praying that everybody would be too busy shooting at each other to notice, Kai scuttled sideways as fast as she could towards the control room. The quarian hoped that the others would follow her lead: what mattered most right now was safety.

[TAG Menryites]

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    corridor in Level 6

The man leaped out of the room and opened fire on the girls. But Kesler was still looking at the lift doors as they opened. He watched the commandos exit and aim their weapons.

"Aww, ****," Kesler swore. He gently put the Asari dancer down. He didn't have a gun and he was trapped. He figured it was over. "Uh, we've got company," he said to his escapee friends.

TAG: people on Level 6...

[b]OOC:[/b] My computer suddenly became infected with viruses or something that apparently got through the virus-protection programs I'm paying for... I'm currently at my parents house using their computer to post this. So, unfortunately, my internet time will be pretty limited for a while until I get my computer fixed...or buy a new one. I'll be getting to my parents house periodically so I'll still be able to post. Just warning everyone.

11. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot
    Ashen Colony; Level 6

It seemed the intruder had no intention of surrendering. He leapt into the corridor and opened fire, his bravado leaving his flank exposed. Talmot lunged forward, pressing the barrel of his weapon into the small of the man?s back.

"Do that again and you?re dead!" he growled. "I promise you, human, that suit wasn?t meant to stop anything from this distance."

"Uh, we've got company."

The batarian glanced over to Kesler, saw the bounty hunter staring down the hallway and swung his head to see two more soldiers. Their weapons were trained on the group, and from that distance they weren't likely to miss.

"Tell those hrakhor we just want to talk." He nudged the gunman forward. "Tell them!"

Tag: Level 6 group, Fin

12. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Taylor Harris
    Ashen colony, level 6

Taylor had stayed silent during the exchange, watching as Talmot attempted to negotiate with the man holed up in the control room. She was surprised at the batarians effort, knowing that most batarians had a reputation for shooting first and asking questions later. She shot him an approving look before focusing back on the door. After a few tense moments the door flew open and the man ran out.

She had not been anticipating such a reckless manoeuvre from the man, and was taken by surprise as he leapt from the control room, letting loose with his gun. She could feel the plasma bolts heat singe the air by her head as the bolts missed her by the narrowest of margins. She dove back behind cover and scrambled back up to her feet, raising her gun to point it at the man. She noticed however, that in his bravado he had left himself wide open to Talmot. He had his shotgun pressed into the man's back. She stalked over towards him, and it took all her resolve not to knock the trigger happy moron out cold. She heard Kesler yelling out from behind them.

"Uh, we've got company"

turning her head in the direction of the elevators, she spotted the commandos storming the corridor. They had to get to safety soon or there was no question they would be gunned down. Still, she didn?t feel it right to leave Talmot to face them alone. She had also lost sight of Mara during the ruckus.

"Aw hell!...Mara get your butt over here!"

She shouted as she kept her pistol trained on the man's head, waiting for the younger woman to move to the control room

TAG: Fins, Baratheon, menry people

13. TheSithGirly

TheSithGirly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2007
    Cira
    Menry

The smile of the reptile was too much. Cira raised her gun and held it to his head. "Speakers, great idea. Before or after I shot your brain out?" She asked the Alien. Only then she saw his eyes moving beyond her. She slowly turned her head, pushing the gun only harder against his head to make clear, that he should not attempt anything.

Then she saw it. A bright, red bug. A spider of sorts. Mechanical. Small. Fast. Red. RED. Her eyes worked after all, showing her the red shape of her enemy, as they figured out the specific energy signature they were callibrated to find.

Reaper technology. They were already here, on the station. It did not matter if they found that bounty hunter anymore, she guessed. It was already too late. But anyway. Orders were orders.

"What is your status down there?" She asked her man in the control room. Had he already killed everybody down there? She hoped not. Because if so, he had not only begun a war, but one with two fronts.

14. Sarge221

Sarge221 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 9, 2006
    Lyle Zahara
    Mako, Ground Hangar

"Tell them to bring serious medical assistance!" Lyle had shouted, nearly at the top of his lungs when he saw what he had uncovered.

The blood had immediately set off every alarm in the miner's body and a whole list of scenarios kept going through his mind. That this bug was some kind of parasite or carnivorous life form that had yet to be discovered and had gotten into Eyana's suit. Maybe that was what happened with her co-worker; possibly uncovered a nest of them, got eaten and the asari got one gnawing on her without even knowing it. Perhaps, and Lyle couldn't believe he was as horrified as he was now, the bug could be one of those insects that laid eggs in their meals. Those and a dozen more went through Lyle's head before he finally pulled the intruder out of Eyana's suit.

And surprisingly the idea that this insect was metal had not been in any of those scenarios whatsoever. Lyle was only able to stare in shock at the metallic sheen that he could spot beneath the blood, his mind actually becoming blank. What...how...?

Didn't matter. The thing was alive and was covered in blood which only left one course of action in the miner's mind. His other hand coming up to better grip the spider, Lyle started pounding it into the floor of the Mako over and over again. Whether to destroy it or at least stop it from moving he didn't care; he just wanted the thing to stop eating people!

TAG: DarkLordoftheFins

15. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Had no time to update over eastern, as some players from here besieged me in real life. I´ll push in an update as soon as possible. Thanks for the patience.

16. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Yay! Finally got my laptop back and it's working again. I'll be back soon to post IC.

17. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    Hangar . . .

Lyle hammered the thing . . . the iron creature into the ground again and again until it did not move anymore. Crushed, sparkling from short-circuted electronic lines under it´s metal skin it gave a lost lowering humming sound and was "dead".

Breathing through Lyle saw the Asari to his feet. She still breathed in short, pressed hisses. The noise of his little fight had nopt woken her up. But Ellis should have heard it? If so, he did not react. He was not heard anyway.

If he was outside, he was surprsingly silent. Shouldn´t he have screamed for help? Ordered someone to get the Doctor?

Obviously he wasn´t.

Tag: Sarge

ooc: Sirak you got a mail for the requested combined.
    Level 6 . . .

The man hesitated a second, as the Batarian bartender pointed the weapon to his back. Obviously he thought about sacrificing his life to take away the leaverage of the group against his colleagues. A surprising fanatism, for am na obviously no real soldier.

"Okay, don´t shoot! Don´t shoot!" He shouted to the two commandoes. "Let´s talk." He then said and smiled. "Let´s talk." Mara hissed from behind the Batarian, her gun now pointed to his head. "Guns down,. all of you. Or your Bartender needs a new brain!"

She suddenly did not look so helpless anymore. She looked cold, determined and angry. But not at them, but at the man who had charged out of his safe room. "We want only him." she said with a nod to the Boutny Hunter Kesler.

Tag: Leveler Sixes

18. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Aleena
    Unknown Colony

Louren was suddenly gone. Simply gone. his upper body cut in two halfs and the things as good as unharmed by their fire. they had shot so many bullets into it, it should have been shred to pieces. Yet, it´s shields still held. The repeating beep of her Avenger told Aleena it had overheated, just as the thing was done with Louren. As expected it turned to hear. The dead frame embedded into this machine snarled viciously and then stepped forward. "Run." Aleena pressed the words through her lips. then allowed the gun to drop to the ground and stepped back. "Ruuuuuun!" she screamed to Beyane, as she saw the weapon of this thing charge.

Aleena did not think. she only reacted, leaping to the side. The console behind her was riped into two pieces by an energy beam. The explosion and her scream fighting for auditorial dominance. Beyana was smart enough to do as she had told her. The thing turned to her immediately. Almost hungry for another victim. Aleena was already attacking again. This time no gun was needed. She extended her hand and watchhed the blue energy dance around her finger as her mental will guided it. It manifested immediately. The wrap effect blurred around the thing and she felt the metal and bones resist her power, as she twisted them. Tried to bend them beyond the breaking point.

Something broke, but then her power overloaded, reaching her limits of control and with a massive push the thing was hurled back into the already ruined elevator.

19. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Taylor Harris
    Level 6

A small grin crossed Taylor?s mouth as the soldier was caught by Talmot. Keeping her gun up and ready in case the other commando's tried anything stupid. The smile was short lived however when the click of a pistol and a cold yet unsettling familiar voice broke through the tense silence.

"Let?s talk."

It was Mara, and she was holding her pistol to Talmot?s head. She felt her fist clench in anger as the realisation truly hit home. her hazel eyes narrowed dangerously at the other woman. They had been betrayed by this woman, a regular Vorcha in sheep?s clothing. She ordered them to drop their weapons or risk having Talmot killed in front of them

"Dammit!"

Taylor hissed under her breath as she complied with Mara's demands, not wanting Talmot to get hurt. She lowered her weapon, but the steely glare remained in her eyes as she looked the other woman in the face. She was furious with Mara, but she was also angry at herself. She had armed the double crossing woman after all, and fell hook line and sinker for her ruse, Mara must have been top of the class at infiltrator school.

"We want only him."

Mara stated coldly, nodding in the direction of the wounded bounty hunter. Taylor chanced a look back in the direction of Kesler, who was still with the Asari dancers. They wanted Kesler? Why? The station was rich in equipment, technology, resources and above all element Zero. They invaded the colony to get their hands on just one man? It didn't make sense. She levelled a serious gaze at him "We WILL be talking about this later, if we survive..." She thought to herself and she slowly turned back to face the infiltrators. She hoped Kesler wouldn't take her next words to heart. But something about this whole situation was wrong, and she would attempt to find out why.

"Kesler? Why him? He got shot up in a nightclub by his own bounty.. Hardly the type of person you send a commando team after don't you think? "

TAG: Fins, level 6 people

20. Baratheon

Baratheon Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2007
    Talmot
    Ashen Colony; Level 6

Talmot tensed at Mara?s threat. "Whatever you say," he slowly lowered his arms down to his sides, weapon hanging loosely from one hand, "but we wouldn?t be having this conversation if your friend didn?t pull a Spectre and jump out guns blazing," he added grudgingly.

When Mara announced her intent to capture the bounty hunter Talmot swore under his breath. Had he not been compelled to stay in place, he?d likely be punching that idiot human right in his lying mouth.

"Kesler? Why him? He got shot up in a nightclub by his own bounty. Hardly the type of person you send a commando team after don't you think?"

Afraid that unanticipated movement might cause Mara to react violently, the batarian spoke without turning to anyone in particular. "Not if he made a mess with the wrong people. What was it, human? Did you make off with some scum?s credits? Botch a government contract?"

Tag: Dubya, others on Level 6

21. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Level 6

This was bad. This was very, very bad indeed. Kai could feel her respirator working overtime as Mara- scared, nervous Mara- suddenly turned into a cold, calculating infiltrator. Slowly, she complied with the human's request and put her pistol down.

"We want only him."

Oh, ancestors. Kai knew what this was about. Or at least, she had a pretty good idea what this might be about. Her mind raced and she barely followed the rest of the conversation. If this was true then they were all mixed up in something very serious indeed.

"It's about the plans, isn't it?" the quarian blurted out, before realising what she'd said and covering her visor about where her mouth would be. Too late now, though. She lowered her hands and continued softly. "The miner that shot you. He had plans for an underground base, something big and dangerous and secret. Something that people like you-" she turned from Kesler to Mara- "-And you would kill to get."

[TAG Level 6 crew]

22. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: Very short one, to interact a little with the scene and TSG, but the real update will come after Dubya had a fair chance to post :p

Level 6 . . .

The Quarian had not even spoken the words, when the technicians - if one assumed the man who had charged out of the control room was one - snapped towards her. He immediately realize,d he had given away too much and his eyes turned to "Mara" with guilt glimmering in them. Mara kept her cool, keeping her weapon at the Batrians head. The Technician quickyl began to collect the weapons, looking at Mara and the others, as they began to speak to each other. From his head-set Cira´s voices asked about the situation. "Under control." He just whispered the words. As if he did not wanted to disturb the moment. Suddenly he looked awefully silly in the combat suit. He obviously did not belong into a warrior´s armor.

The commandos slowly appoached the crew, weapons ready. Both of them seemed to be very tense, very ready to shot-to-kill at any moment. One could very well imagine their faces to look quite much like Mara´s did.

Tag: All, especially Dubya and TSG

[color=crimson][i]
    Unknown Colony . . .
    [/i][/color]
    The things crashed into the elevator and the plexi-glass floor was ripped out of it´s bolting and dropped down with the thing. For a second there was only the sound of metal scratching and hammering against the walls of the elevator-shaft. Then there was nothing anymore. Before Aleena could realize it, the thing leaped back through the elevator and into room. It was damaged now. Badly damagd. Sparks flew everywhere from it´s six armed frame. One of it´s two weapon arms was ripped of, the other bend to the point it was most likely destroyed as well. The face of the human worked into this thing was broken, splitted in the midst. Little fragments of bones looked out of the dead, cracked skin. And the jaw made a sound as if pats of it were shattered, as the thing opened it´s mouth. It looked for a long second as if it wanted to scream. As if it wanted to say something. But the blind visor and silent mouth just styed in that horrific position for a second. then the jaw spasmed and Aleena saw, it was unable to close. The thing showed no reaction ot the pain, if it felt any. It began to step forward. It´s leg gave in, but stabalized itself again. as second step seemed to be easier. It made it´s way to Aleena. and even without eyes, without facial expressions, something about the way it moved made it absolutely certain, it came to kill Aleean with it´s bare hands of the human body in it´s center.

There was no humming anymore. The thing reached up, extending it´s arms towards Aleena, as it also realized it´s shields were down.

[b]Tag: SirakRomar[/b]

23. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    OOC: Awfully sorry. Had some things to take care of first.

Level 6

Well, this was certainly an unexpected turn of events.

Mara, one of the lovely young ladies, was working for them? Then the guy that attacked them said, "We want only him." And Kesler watched him glance in his direction.

What? Why him?

"He got shot up in a nightclub by his own bounty..." Taylor commented.

"Thanks..." Kesler added with a straight face. It was true, but she didn't have to word it like that.

Then Talmot added his 2-cents. "Did you make off with some scum?s credits? Botch a government contract?"

And Kai said, "It's about the plans, isn't it?" Then she went on about secret bases and conspiracy theories.

A confused look was on Kesler's face, but the anger was boiling up inside him. "Okay," he started, "I don't know anything about credits, government contracts, or underground bases. And I have no idea what my bounty was doing. I was given the job to bring him in. I capture them, return the body (dead or alive), and collect the money. I don't ask WHY they want these people, I'm just bringing them in." H glanced around, making eye contact with everyone staring at him. "If somebody knows something that I don't...please, tell me. What the hell did I stumble into, and when did that happen?"

TAG: all on Level 6...

24. DarkLordoftheFins

Apr 2, 2007
    ooc: No rason for apologies, Dubya. you were perfectly in time. I just tried to throw in updates, when I could. Time is a rare good right now.

Level 6 . . .

Mara stepped back as her men reached them. The Technician Manfred stepped back, pressing the guns to his armored chest to keep them all, now. "Mara to Cira. Everything under control. we got them. all alive. Including our target. My cover is blown." She finsiehd her sentence and turned her gun now to the Bounty Hunter.

She looked at the Batarian, who had theorized, this might be about some money. "worse." she only replied and then gave Taylor a smile. His bounty . . . at least they had no totally wasted their money on the Batarian spy. "And yes, that´s what he is. A guy who go shot by his own Bounty."

"It's about the plans, isn't it?" The Quarian. Mara turned her head and one of the commandos turned his head immediately. His gun followed, aiming at the young woman. "The miner that shot you. He had plans for an underground base, something big and dangerous and secret. Something that people like you-" The quarian turned to Mara and Kesler "-And you would kill to get." Mara smirked. Smart girl. Maybe shot her now and save the trouble she will otherwise make later. The line of thought was disturbed by the Boutny Hunter finally making his entry into the discussion. He played innocent. What else?

"Okay," he started, "I don't know anything about credits, government contracts, or underground bases. And I have no idea what my bounty was doing. I was given the job to bring him in. I capture them, return the body (dead or alive), and collect the money. I don't ask WHY they want these people, I'm just bringing them in." He glanced around, making eye contact with everyone staring at him. when he met Mara´s he only met her sardonic smile, showing she did not buy a word of what he was saying. "If somebody knows something that I don't ... please, tell me. What the hell did I stumble into, and when did that happen?"

"And now you wanna tell me, that the activation of the ruins shortly after you killed him was a coincidence, too? Right? Kesler, I give you an advice. Tell us where the god damned ruins are and I´ll tell Cira you cooperated. Believe me, if she begins ripping pieces of you out of the . . . context . . . she won´t stop until you stop screaming. just because she loves the sound of it." She hissed the last words. Then she turned to the Quarian. "And what do you know about the underground station? Are you his partner, Quarian?" Taking Taylor´s gun out of Manfred´s hands she turned it now on the Quarian.

While the others talked, only Taylor and Talmot could see, if they cared to look, actually, that something was joining them. About a mter away from the commandoes, something uncurled itself from the ceiling. The black shining metal of a mechanical tentacle reached down and without a sound, a long sting slided out of it´s end, aiming directly at the back of the leftsided of both commandos.

[image=http://uavpilot.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/18-T-4Hydrobot.jpg]

Tag: Level Sixers

25. Livi-Wan

Sep 29, 2002
    Kai'Thala nar Oran
    Level 6

Nef'Thala had always told her daughter that her mouth would get her into trouble. The young quarian flinched visibly as Mara swung her pistol around to target the engineer.

"I don't know anything!" Kai replied shrilly, raising her hands in an I surrender! position. "Anything other than what I just said, I mean! I'm just an engineer! My superior asked my opinion on some plans he had and he told me where he got them! That's all!"

This was just great. Now the humans were going to shoot her and her parents would never know what happened to their daughter. She'd just be another quarian lost on pilgrimage, and everyone would think she was a deserter. Cousin Deen would have a field day.

"Today is the first time I've even seen the bounty hunter. I don't even know his name. Please, human! I'm telling the truth!"

[TAG Level sixers]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.