main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary May 18th CCFF AOTC Movie Outting...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karthio_Five

Karthio_Five Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2001
    I bet all our calls are starting to drive the Hoyts employees to the brink of insanity.

Hoyts has really dropped the ball on this one. I'd like to make it on the 18th, but work is the issue yet again. I'm going to try and figure something out though.

-Karth

2. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Hoyts must have gotten hit with a stupid stick repeatedly. I know I've called them atleast once a day, sometimes twice. But if you're gonna do something dumb, you have to expect questions.

Oh well, I'll keep driving them crazy.

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    So the deal is 1:30 at Hoyts on the 18? I'll see if I can make it.

4. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001

Great Chissdude, if we can get everybody who can make it to the movie, it would be way fun!

5. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Chissdude,

I'm calling for a 1pm meeting time and 1:30 showtime is tentative based on showtime schedules. So for now we meet at 1pm until further notice.

6. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    Sounds good, Ill see if I can make it.

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I should be able to make it.

8. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    According to movietickets.com, there isn't a 1:30 showing. The showtimes are: 09:00am , Noon , 3:10pm , 6:20pm , and 9:30pm.

9. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I'm sure they are bound to have AOTC on multiple screens. We'll wait a little longer.

But, to be on the safe side, how's the 3:10 show sound to everyone? Too late?

10. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Mutt, that's the upsetting thing. I think they'll only have one screen. And more upsetting, it looks like a lot of theaters are only having one, maybe two, screens.

11. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    The 3:10 sounds fine. We can have the meeting around 2:30.

12. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    No hold the meeting at 1:00 p. m., with only one screen, it might sell out early.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I don't think selling out will be a problem. Unfortunately.

14. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    The 18th is still considered opening weekend, and for a lot of the full-time workers, their first opportunity to see it. I agree with Isbeth. Prepare for lines and a full theatre.

15. sithspawn35

sithspawn35 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 22, 2001
    I think that tickets are not selling simply because people dont know they are available........NOT because they wont or because people dont want to see it. Personally, I was ready to give up on early tickets and just purchase them opening day.
    That's A LOT coming from a junkie like me!
    I think once 5/16 hits, tickets will be hard to come by and lines will be long (especially in my town where they only got one print! I think I need to call my congressman!)

16. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    You all have a point. I hope there are long lines. :) Well as long as I'm not at the end of them.

17. chissdude10

Jul 26, 2001
    When do tickets go on sale again?

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    You can buy them now I believe.

19. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'll be picking up mine after our meeting tomorrow.

20. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    18th sounds cool, I'll have to check my calendar (as that is finals weekend) but hopefully I can make it!!

Just a question - what theaters in Maryland have Digital projectors? I want to see AOTC digital but I'm unsure of who will have it. (maybe that could be a fun trip too, for later on in the season...becuz the movie will still look perfect in digital not matter when we see it!!!)

*wonders if she's been brainwashed by Rick McCallum*

toodles
    Sam

21. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Only the new Crown theater in Annapolis Mall has digital projection according to the Official DLP site.

22. BobaFett420

BobaFett420 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 12, 2001
    orangerful: come down to Annapolis as soon as you can...it will be worth it. myself and a handful of others will be seeing it many times. since i live VERY close to Annapolis, i have the benefit of seeing it digital every time i see it this summer...i can't wait! :)

23. Bria-Tharen

Bria-Tharen Jedi Youngling

May 12, 2002
    Alright, I'm definately interested, but I'm at least 45 minutes away, so I can't count myself in officially, until I have tix. :(

Having no credit card, doesn't help, hehe. Anyway, I'll keep tabs on this thread & in the meantime,try to see how many freaks I can bring w/me & see what i can do to snag some tix...

I already posted this on the other "Crown"...thread, but is anyone going in costume? & Who's willing to find a 'Cantina', before or after (one must reflect on the highlights over drinks! This is a special occassion!)hehe

~Harley~
    Harlicious@hotmail.com

24. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Ok, Saturday, meet at 1:00 p. m. at Wendy's or Theater? I say Wendy's after buying your ticket. Is this good?

25. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Isbeth,
    Good idea! Arrive at 1pm, get in line and get your tickets and then we can convene to Wendy's for official business!

Harley, I'd love to find a cantina with you and reflect on a galaxy far, far away. Also, if you feel like coming in costume, its okay with us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.