main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN May FanForce Meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jar Jar, Apr 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodasQueen

YodasQueen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 9, 2003
    OMG, that looks fun!

2. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    It can't be anything but awesome. I mean, the same LSO that will play/has played at least the prequels will be playing Star Wars and tons of other stuff. Heck, here's ye olde setlist:

Harry Potter

Titanic

Lord of Rings

Star Wars

Star Trek

Final Fantasy

Schindler?s List

ET

Rocky

Indiana Jones

Nightmare before Christmas

Jurassic Park

Out of Africa

Gone with the Wind

Lawrence of Arabia

Captain Blood

Where Eagles Dare

The Pink Panther

James Bond

LIke I said, it's gotta be awesome. I just decided I'm going for Atlanta, so yay for me! :D

Now the tickets are already on sale, and they are going for $31.00 to $87.00. The concert is in an arena, so it's $31.00 for seats on the decks which won't have very good acoustics at all and $87.00 for floor seating which will sound better. Also I didn't mention it, but there are the "platinum circle" seats for $250 but I sorta' already ruled them out, lol. Oh well, the hard part is over, so now I just have to decide where I want to park myself during this thing.

3. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Just out of curiosity i looked up tickets for atlanta and actually got a floor seat, I should have taken it, lol

4. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, if you're going to go too I would have waited and said something first. If other folks from the group want to go, we might be able to place a group order and get tickets all together in the same section.

It would probably be a good idea to make a seperate thread on this too. Heck who knows, maybe I can talk to the Atlanta FF and we could arrange some type of get-together.

The gears are spinning now..

5. Sci-FiGal

Sci-FiGal Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2004
    Well, I posted on the seperate thread about atlanta concert... but I'm afraid I'm not going to make this month's meeting. I'll be in VA visiting my dad and going to a Richmond anime con. Actually, I won't be in town much between May 16th and June 14th (wow, didn't realize untill just now that's a whole month), except for a few days somewhere in the middle. But I'll definatly see you all after that and be online as much as I can wherever I am. :)

6. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, we'll miss you, but you should be back in time for the June meeting (which will be on the 18th I figure). And definitely keep checking around on the boards because I'm sure more adventures await in the exciting world of FanForce.. Or not. ;)

Oh, and I swear I only went to look up his picture just now, but while I was typing this it just suddenly came to me who the other officer was in X2. Now I know why I thought it was a period piece and it kept throwing me off. He was also Methos from the Highlander series. I kept thinking like he was in a movie and I guess he was if you count Endgame as a movie.

Man, I'm a geek!

2 EDITS: Made one to fix spelling and the other to take out Methos's picture which died because I linked to it here.

7. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Well, at least you found out, I am sure you can sleep easier now ;-p

8. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Oh yeah, I slept like a baby that night. ;)

Actually, it was just one of those things. I hadn't thought about that deal with X2 since that Friday. For some reason I can't recall I was thinking about the Highlander series and it dawned on me that there was the connection. It's a really exciting and amazing story. :eek:

9. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    Lookin good in insider John!

10. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Was it for the Fan Film award or something else? Either way, bring it with you because I want to see it. :)

11. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    It was for decorating your house in star wars theme, personally I think my hallway and computer room should have been in it, lol

12. YodasQueen

Jun 9, 2003
    check this out http://www.potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4070&whichpage=11

13. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    That's pretty cool, but I think you'd want to keep that at home. Who knows what those Gatti's kids would do to it. ;)

14. Jar Jar

Jul 13, 1998
    Well I wanted to thank everyone for coming out for the May meeting. It was nice to see some old faces and a big welcome to our two new folks. I hope everyone makes it back out for the June meeting which I will announce later today, and unless they lock them up, I think it will be in one of the group neeting rooms to (hopefully) cut down on all the distractions. To top it all off I have been under the weather for about the last week, so I apologize for not being very "with it" at the meeting in general.

I hope everyone had fun and I'll see you next month!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.