main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #2 (Dinner & a Movie)

Discussion in 'Archive: Lafayette, LA' started by Swampsurfer, Apr 12, 2002.

?

Meeting #2 (Dinner & a Movie)

Poll closed Apr 24, 2002.
  1. April 25, 2002 (Empire Strikes Back on FOX - Please POST your thoughts.)

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. May 2, 2002 (Return of the Jedi - Please POST your thoughts.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. May 9, 2002 (The Phantom Menace - Please POST your thuoghts.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. May 16, 2002 (Attack of the Clones - Please POST your thoughts.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swampsurfer

Swampsurfer Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2001
  2. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Really, since we will be having a PIZZA party at my place, any night is really just fine with me. The reason I voted the way I did is . . .

Empire Strikes Back seems to be the all time favorite of most Die-hard fans, so I vote we catch that one together. I recommend that everyone view a personal copy of A New Hope the evening of April 18th. That way it will feel like a weekly countdown to AOTC.

i.e.
    FanForce Meeting #1 - April 11th (We had a 100% R.S.V.P attendance.)
    A New Hope on Home Video - April 18th
    Empire Strikes Back on FOX & Meeting #2 - April 25th
    Return of the Jedi on FOX - May 2nd
    Phantom Menace on FOX - May 9th
    Attack of the Clones on the BIG SCREEN & Meeting #3 - May 16th, 2002 (My Birthday)

Anyone notice a patern? I hope to see you all real soon. You'll come back now, hear? :D

3. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Why not make the 19th a meeting date? As I said at meeting 1 let's become offical as quick as possible. That way we go into AOTC as an offical Chapter! So it would be the 19th meeting 2 then 25th mmeting three then we would be offical in two more weeks. That is just my feelings.

I talked to 2 of my co-workers today an they are both Intrested in the group! One can maybe make a meeting on the 19th, maybe.

4. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Personally, the 19th is out for me. You see I sell BEER tickets at Downtown Alive :D Downtown Alive, for those of you who are not familiar with the event, is a weekly Friday night block party in the downtown Lafayette area. There is usually good cajun food, beer, chicks, and a live band. It's a good social outing for the entire family.

Now, if you are all interested in this type of atmosphere, I HAVE AN IDEA ! ! !

Try this on for size: The group collects at Downtown Alive and socializes for a while, say between 0730PM to 0830PM, then when I get off of work, I can show you around some really cool bars. Upon which we can get lit and make merry while chatting about STAR WARS. What do you'll think? :cool:

Oh yea! And for Mrs. JEDI-SOLO there are indeed Non-STAR WARS guys to look at. Of course, what woman in her right mind would want a Non-SW man?

5. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Hell I'm down for gettin lit! As a matter of fact I'm a little right now!!!! Let's see what everyone else thinks about it. i think it sounds great!

6. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Did you get my EDIT above and my PM concerning MSN Messenger?

7. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Yes the PM I have no idea! I'll find out and let ya know!

She better not be looking at other guys while I'm around! ;)

8. DarthRender

DarthRender Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 3, 2000
  9. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I'm down for anydate the majority want as long as its a thursday. The empire day will be fine. I just don't know if my home crew can make the trips.

Hey Swamp what is YO-SOLO down for?

10. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    I don't know. I did not ask.

11. Lord_Sidious

Lord_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 14, 2001
    Right now, I am open for any of the the thursday meetings. Unless I post differently later, I will also go with the majority.

12. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    S P I R T spirit, let's hear it!

That's the spirit Lord_Sidious.

What are your feelings about the alternate plan discussed by JEDI-SOLO and me for the 18th?

13. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    The 18th or 19th will not work for me. Do not let me drag anything down for this week. If 3 or more can make it, I believe it can still count as an official meeting. I definitely plan on coming to the future thursday meeting (looks like 4/25). :)

14. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    That's cool. I was just curious. If only someone else would post in this thread. We have 9 members now, and not many responses. I think the next meeting is better off happening on the 25th. :)

Don't forget to wip out that old VHS copy of Episode IV and watch it at home this Thursday. Unless, of course, you have it on laser disk. :D

15. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    The 25th it is then. That's cool because that is our payday!

16. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay so then. Swamp what time do you want to meet up? Where do we meet at your house or somewhere eles and then your house? Let me know so I can get the details to Mincia ok!

Me and Mrs. SOLO are both off so I'm sure we'll be in Lafayette for the most part of the day.

17. Lord_Sidious

Aug 14, 2001
    I guess the meeting time would be dependent by the starting time of the movie. If not, the earliest I can leave Baton Rouge is a little after 5:00 which would put me at SS's place at around 6:15.

18. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    YOU ARE INVITED!! To Meeting #2(Dinner & a Movie)

When: April 25th @ 7:30 PM

Where: Swampsurfer's Place / 406 Silkwood Street / Lafayette, LA
    From I-10. Take Exit 101 onto University Street, heading South. This is the 2nd Lafayette exit coming form east or west. Follow University. You will come to an underpass with a railroad above. The next traffic signal is Cameron Street with a Piggly Wiggly grocery store on the right. Just pass that is a Bank 1. Take the next right past the Bank 1 onto Silkwood Street. Silkwood is the 2nd street past Cameron Street. As soon as you turn, you will see a two story red brick building on the right. That's the place. You will see an American flag in my window. :D

Who: All FanForce members. My place is not too big, but I can accommodate about 9 people, 12 if necessary.

What: FOX will broadcast The Empire Strikes Back featuring a bonus introduction including footage from Attack of the Clones between 8:00 PM and 11:00 PM. You might want to set your VCRs at home in case you have to leave early, thus missing something. I will provide the PIZZA and popcorn. Don't worry popcorn is cheap, and I get a good discount with Domino's. Please bring your own drinks. If you want to help with the cost of the Pizza, $3 a person will be enough, but not necessary. I will put a collection jar out for your contribution.

I hope everyone shows up. Please R.S.V.P. in this thread when you are sure you will make it. When you post, let me know about your pizza preferences [toppings, crust (hand-tossed OR thin), and # of slices (I will get large pies)]. This will give me an indication of how much pizza to buy.

Don't forget to watch A New Hope first so you can get the right effect. :) Don't you just love STAR WARS ?[face_plain] [face_love] [face_blush]

19. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Alright then! Me and mrs. SOLO like canadian bacon and mushrooms.

We will both be there at 7:30 if not sooner. We will be in Lafayette early anyway that day. I can eat about 5 or more slices and she will about 3 or more depending on how hungry she is.

20. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey guys! I've posted your meeting announcement on the FanForce website.

Swampsurfer, I have posted that you are the contact for this meeting since I have your e-mail address. JEDI-SOLO, if you would prefer to be the point of contact for meetings, please send me the e-mail address that you would prefer to be used for FanForce contacts. :)

You guys only have two meetings to go before you are official. Y'all are doing great! :D

21. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    Seems logical to me.

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Hey I have no problem with that at all.

Minacia you already have my e-mail for the news letter.

23. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I do already have your e-mail, don't I? I forgot that I can look in yahoogroups to find it. [face_blush]

Hey, I'm a busy gal. I sometimes forget things. ;)

24. Swampsurfer

Nov 11, 2001
    NEWS FLASH! NEWS FLASH! ALERT! ALERT!

Time change for the Meeting. DarthRender has brought it to my dullwitted attention, that the time slot is from 7:00PM to 10:00PM for Episode V, Empire Strikes Back. With that in mind I am changing the time of the Meeting to 6:30PM. Sorry. Please make the adjustments to your schedules.

Sincerely,
    Swampsurfer

P.S. Darth Render also let me know that the novelization of ATTACK of the CLONES was on sale tonight at WAL-MART. When I went to get my copy, they were putting out the action figures.

Ooops. I just craped my pants. :D

25. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Okay 6:30 it is!

At work I've been reading the book since friday. We got it in thrusday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.