main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting #3!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Jayna, Mar 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    Just walk up to your teacher, wave your hand, and say 'You do not need my lab' It worked in 8th grade *shrugs*

2. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Are we planning to do fanforce and then eat, or eat while we fanforce? I have my game at 8:30 and a housing meeting I should make an appearance at beforehand...

I guess my point is, what's the agenda?

3. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    We will be having the meeting and getting all of our official stuff out of the way, and then we will go out to eat. The meeting has to stay in the UC- as that's where we said it'd be.

4. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    I don't think it would take too long.

1. Decide on an official name
    2. Go over constitution
    3. Talk about the Jedi Council
    4. Smack around some Padawans

Oh wait, please ignore that last part *whistels innocently* :D

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey all! :)

This is your friendly neighborhood RSA dropping by to check in.

Tonight's meeting is your third meeting, which will make your group eligible for official FanForce status. :D

Good luck, and hopefully, I'll be announcing your official status tomorrow. :)

Jayna, I'm about to send you a PM with a bit of info on what to do once the meeting is completed. Be sure to check your PMs when you have the chance.

6. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    OK... having just found this joint, and interested in attending tonight's soiree... I have NO idea where it is you are planning on meeting. I'm not familiar with Riddle excepting that I work pretty close to it.

I look forward to meeting up with you folks. I bring a LOT of Star Wars fan experience with me, especially internet web sites and coordination and the like. In fact, it's entirely possible that some of you folks may know me from my various Star Wars fansite adventures - which I'll be happy to explain at the meeting.

So if someone could give me slightly more detailed instructions on where the meeting is, what we will DO there, what (if anything) I'm supposed to bring, and whether or not there will be a test afterwards, I will see you at the rendezvous.

Ace

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Fear not, Ace!

I'm sending you a personal message. :)

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    OK, I like Ace's idea about this whole test thing. Before you can join I say you have to stand on one hand while balancing an Interactive Yoda on your foot, and say the alphabet backwards... in wookie :)

9. Commander_Clone

Commander_Clone Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    You first Q99. I will take pictures and laugh. Unfortuately I forgot about a prior engagement and cannot attend this evening as scheduled. Punk student goverment. Sorry guys, if I can get out early I will look for you.

10. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey man, bring the camera and I'll try :) I would like to be the first to say that our third meeting was a success! I had a great time. I'll be working on a website next week (erm...) and hopefully we can get more people next time :)

*breaks out the Corellian Yoohoo* ;)

Disclamer: Corellian Distiller Corp. is not responsible for injuries do to flying through asteroid fields while intoxicated. Please drink responsibly. :)

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I will have to agree with Q. We had a blasty good meeting and really got a lot of things accomplished.

Despite the loads of stuff I should have been doing, I'm totally glad that we have this and I can't wait to watch it grow.

I would like to see more people at the meetings, though. I know you guys are out there. If there is a problem with a meeting date, we will do our best to accomodate everyone. Just post! The Rebellion wants YOU!!! :)

12. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Yes! These boards are you friend, do not be afraid. We won't know what you want unless you post!

13. AceHoly

AceHoly Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    Sorry I wasn't able to make the meeting... only finding out about this the same day you held it made it difficult for me to get out of work in time to attend. (sigh) CURSE THE NEED TO PAY RENT!

So - how many showed up, who, what is the plan? Any chance of holding small net meetings in between actual in-person meetings? Do we have a roster? Need any help with the website? I... uh... saw the quickly thrown together version.

What is the purpose/goal of the group? Is there (I hope) going to be a different name than "Daytona Beach Fan Force?" Fan Force is just a place to post messages online, you should really forge a unique identity.

More to ask, more to suggest - what's next?

Ace

14. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Well, it was only Jayna, Karma, and myself at the meeting. We just went over some stuff for the Riddle version of the DBFF and Jayna has some names that she will be posting soon, so no, we won't just be Daytona Beach Fan Force :p

The main purpose of this club is just to get other fans of Star Wars together and do things like movie/game nights, costume/vaccuform parties, prop parties, and to have a group representing Daytona whenever cons or other events pop up.

I don't see a problem with net meetings. I think the best way to do that would be in an AIM group. Something to think about, but hopefully we can have meetings at least twice a month.

And I'm always willing to take suggestions for the website. Hopefully when the Riddle Rebels (the Riddle part of the FF) gets established we'll have a dedicated server with the school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.