main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Meeting 8 Minutes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Zaranne, May 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm sorry for the slight skewing of the minutes towards what I heard, but they'll get better down the road...

So here goes!!

Meeting (more or less) called to order at 1:19pm at Coco?s in Camarillo, California.

Present were: Reka (sorry, Reka, I can?t seem to get the accent mark in there), GentleBant, Keriran_Horn, marmakecam, YoungJedi11, and Zaranne.

We have decided against having a group icon. No specific reasons were given other than ?I don?t want one?.

It looks like GB and Zar may be the only ones heading to the OCFF?s Beach Party on June 7th. GB agreed to find out if dogs were allowed on the beach for Zar.

Talk then turned to movies. First up, who had seen The Matrix:Reloaded. Some loved the film, while the others who had seen it were not as thrilled with it. Next was X2, which most in the group had seen and loved.

A discussion of theatres in the Valley began, specifically speaking of the Pacific Theatres located at the old Winnetka Drive-in site. Imax theatres in California were also talked about.

Lunch is served?uh, for half the group. They end up waiting for a while for the rest of the group to get their meals.

Talk then turned to discuss various parts of the board. Zar mentioned her new found home in the Geriatric Ward, GB mentioned that she used to post there, but hasn?t in quite some time.

A quick discussion of the selling of children occurred. Nothing illegal here, Zar?s daughter is plenty old enough to sell herself.

Zar talked about her ?encounter? with Mark Hamill, at a Sci-Fi convention in Anaheim, in which she got a kiss from him. Marmakecam talked about his experience in meeting the star, when he was about 12. He was having Mark sign his comic books, then asked him to sign a SW related item, to which Mark refused. Marmakecam was very dissappointed.

Leonard Nimoy was mentioned as another star to which some of the group had been in contact with. YJ said he had gone to the book signing at Borders in Thousand Oaks, California, and that Leonard was a bit of a grouch. Zar had met him in Lubbock, Texas about 15 years ago afte a lecture, and thought him to be quite nice.

The idea of club dues was presented. GB thought that a beginning dollar figure of $5 a year would suffice temporarily, to help defray costs such as server space for the website and the printing of flyers. The item has been tabled until the next meeting, to which their should be a vote, and the naming of a treasurer.

Marmakecam and YJ will be handing out flyers for the VCFF at ComicCon from the OCFF booth, to try and recruit new members.

Talked turned to decorations on Christmas trees. Discussion was of the types of ornaments we all had on our trees, which, of course, consisted of a lot of SW ornaments.

A general discussion of TV shows began between YJ and Zar, consisting of mostly Star Trek. Most of the rest of the group seemed to be a bit horrified by the conversation.

Most of the group will be attending the John Williams concert at the Hollywood Bowl later this year. We will be joining the OCFF there.

Some of the members reminisced about their first meeting. Which was less than a year ago.

Some discussion was made of Zar?s impending Alzheimer?s. She?s REALLY that old!

2. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

Excellent!

Edit: I missed the Christmas ornimant bit. Odd.

3. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Garrett's going to Comic Con too?

4. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
    I am?

Edit: Oh yeah, I am! Don't confuse me! :p

5. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Boy, we sure did accomplish a lot! hahahahahahah

6. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    Well, I thought it was YJ and Mar (<sorry, couldn't think of a better quickname, and since mine is Zar, I thought that would suffice). I could have been mistaken...

But, YJ did come back and edit to say he was going...now I'm confused. :confused:

7. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah, me too.

8. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    So I should edit the minutes to say that Keiran and marmakecam are going?

9. Keiran_Horn

Jul 9, 2002
    Nah, ya better make it the three of us. Me, YJ, and Matt. YJ can always change his mind again later.

10. YoungJedi11

May 20, 2002
  11. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Excellent job, Zar!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.