main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Meeting anytime soon?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Forcebewitya, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Kelly, Megan and I got there around 11:05am and sat at one of the larger round tables in the middle of the food court. I didn't see anyone else...not even the Grand Poobah of Naughtyness... or any of his bounty hunters.

We were planning to eat lunch there anyway, so we were there until 12:45 then walked the mall before leaving.

Unlike the Grand Poobah, I didn't have a discussion with anyone about Fan Force business. I just kept my eyes open in case someone showed up later than me.

Anyway, as for "rescheduling", I think Feb. will have to be when we meet. If I remember right, FilmCon 4.5 is that month. I pre-paid for it, so I will be there. I hope to see most of you there. Other than that, let me know when you want to get together.

2. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yup, I doth agree. I know next weekend has me back in Milwaukee visiting the parents and hopefully finding time to hang with the Milwookies. When is Oddcon/Filmcon 4.5? I haven't pre-regged, but I may just show up like I did last year.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Sorry I didn't get there
    I spent most of the morning digging out from the snow when I finished I sat down and the next thing I know its 12:30

4. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Oddcon/Filmcon is April 8-10. I am planning on going but I havent pre-regged yet either. Eric should be back soon then we will have some more info. This weekend is pretty busy for me as well so maybe the weekend after that, we'll see. Do keep in touch.

Forcebewitya!

5. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    That would be the 5th or 6th of Febuary then
    Sunday is Superbowl Sunday.

6. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Super Bowl is usually in the evenings, so I doubt we would be interupting anything for anyone.

Or are you inviting us over to watch the game at your place? ;)

I'll be up for a meeting that weekend, barring anything urgent coming up to stop me.

7. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I would invite you all over if I had the room.
    But That is true, we could have a meeting around noon Sunday

8. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    I dont know if you guys talked about this but why wouldnt saturday work? I mean that probably would be the best day for me. And that way people who want to watch the super bowl wouldnt have to leave early or whatever. Well I probably will be able to stop by either way, but if its on sunday maybe not for too long. Keep in touch.

Forcebewitya!

9. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Saturday would be good to

10. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Doesn't matter to me what day or time... just decide when soon. The weekend is coming.

11. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    Saturday works fine for me
    So Saturday at Noon at the food court across from Barnes and Noble

12. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Sounds like a plan. I will be there.

Forcebewitya!

13. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Are any of you planning on going to Oddcon in April? Because it's so close to C3, I'll just be going to Oddcon on Saturday to save some money. I heard they have a costume masquerade on Saturday night that I'm looking forward to. I just have to send Eric my registration money yet.

14. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I'll probably show up at Oddcon/Filmcon.

15. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    depends on where it is

16. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    I'll be there. I pre-paid at the end of the last FilmCon.

As far as I know, it's at the same place as it has been for the past few years... Radison Hotel on the west side.

I'll also be at the Mall Saturday at noon. ;)

17. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I should be there Saturday

18. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    yeah I will be at Filmcon/oddcon too. Probably all day but maybe just saturday we'll see. Since I am going to CIII as well and I need money for that and right now I have none. And yes I will be at the mall saturday too. We have a lot to talk about, and I will bring my Vanity Fair magazine in case anyone hasnt seen it yet because the article in it is super awesome! well see you all on saturday.

Forcebewitya!

19. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    I've read it myself, its a great read

20. JediRacer8

JediRacer8 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2004
    Any excuse I have to wear the Mara costume, I'll do it. That will give me a chance to get comfortable with it before C3.

If you're looking for good pre-E3 reading, I recommend Labyrinth of Evil. It's a direct lead in to the beginning of the movie, if you're looking for spoilers.

21. ROGUE_NINER

Jan 16, 2002
    yeah I picked it up after the meeting
    already up to chapter 25 its a good and fast book

22. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well the meeting was fun. I would like to pick up Labyrinth of Evil when I get some cash, but I have a lot of other books to read too. Anyway talk to you all later.

Forcebewitya!

23. Rick_Sith

May 2, 2002
    Yeah, we had fun at the meeting too. I'm sure there were plenty of other things we could have talked about besides what we did, but what we did talk about was fun and I enjoyed it.

As for the Mara Jade costume, heck yeah! Wear it! I'm sure it can't be nearly as bad as some of the other costumes we've seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.