main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Meeting discussion

Discussion in 'Archive: Monroe and West Monroe, LA' started by Jedi Dante Ky, Sep 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Dante Ky

Jedi Dante Ky Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2000
    Hey guys...sorry I've been out of touch. Life sure can throw you a curve ball every now and then. I had a car accident and totaled my car so if any of you guys know of someone selling a car, let me know. I am fine btw. Well I guess we need to try to setup a meeting time again. With football season it might be difficult but lets start bouncing ideas of when and where we can meet.

2. mybad4990

mybad4990 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2005
    Yes, i would have been posting here, but a little thing called life keeps getting in my way. Anyway, perhaps we could meet at a football game friday night? I don't know about you Dante, but i am going to watch Rayville (my home team-woohoo!) go up against franklin parish in an away game. If anyone wants to join me, give me a PM and we can work out the meeting time, where we are going to meet, etc.

3. Jedi Dante Ky

May 16, 2000
    Hopefully sometime in the next few weeks we can get a meeting up. I'll let everyone know.

4. TerranOvermind

TerranOvermind Jedi Master star 2

Mar 30, 2004
    We...could...wait until ROTS comes out on DVD since it's only a few weeks away. Maybe have some kind of Halloween bash or something (well, if none of us had to work, hehe). But perhaps the weekend after Halloween could be a good time to do an all-day Star Wars marathon or something. Qui-Gon: "We shall be patient".

What do you guys think?

Long time no see, Jedi Dante. Did everything work out after the wreck? Sounded serious. Thanks for keeping this board going.

5. yodahs-daddy

yodahs-daddy Jedi Master star 5

May 20, 2002
    Sounds good.

6. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2003
    Well, hello, all! I'd been shut out of the forums for a little while...my cookies settings in IE went to hell and I had to download and start using Firefox. I potentially could come to a meeting sometime...just throw me a line at jemk52345@yahoo.com.

Oh yeah, anyone here play Halo or Burnout? If so, we could tie a LAN party into our next meeting.

7. TerranOvermind

Mar 30, 2004
    If y'all wanted to play Halo, I could bring my Xbox and four controllers. If more people want to play and someone has the link cables and extra consoles, we could do that. A LAN party would take a while to setup, and we may be watching Star Wars stuff for most of the time. Speaking of which, I have both of the KOTOR games, Vol. 1 of Clone Wars, and all the Star Wars films released so far on DVD (widescreen). Let me know if I need to bring any of these. I also have other consoles and various electronic media.

8. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

May 8, 2003

All right, I can bring an extra 'Box, a 13" TV, and one or two controllers. I'll go to Wal-Mart at some point to try and find a decent link cable. If there's anyone else that wants to bring along some video gaming goodness, chip in, please.

9. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    I got an x-box controller... does that count? :p

I used it to play halo last year when alot of my buddies would have big LAN parties... I do not personally own the game on Xbox, but I do have the first demo on PC... haha
    But I might be able to bring a tv... if that would help, about a 17 or 18" one.

10. TerranOvermind

Mar 30, 2004
    Alright, now we're cookin'. hehe. Well, it seems everyone likes the idea of the weekend after ROTS comes out, which is Nov. 4-6. Saturday the 5th would probably be best. Roughly 4 weeks away. Start early and leave late, and most would not have work or school. Let's work on getting a place. Just an idea, but if anyone goes to First West, is there any way we could use the Axis building? They have most of the screens and electronics we would need. Or...do any of you know of a different place we could easily use?

As for the Star Wars viewing, we have the DVDs and such, but does anyone have or can get a DVD with a bootleg copy of Vol. 2 of the Clone Wars since it doesn't come out till way after ROTS? If we can't get the Axis building or similar facility, I have a 32" and a surround sound system I could bring. I'll probably bring the TV, anyway, for Halo.

As for additional activities, anybody care to duel? I have two Darth Vader Force FX lightsabers (long story), and they're screaming for victims.

Also, what would everyone like to eat? The usual pizza party? Buffet or sit-in restaurant in town for dinner? Halloween candy?

Hopefully, we can hear from Jedi Dante Ky soon. He seemed to have something up his sleeve last time we discussed getting a meeting together.

11. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

May 8, 2003
    The fifth puts me in a mite of a bind, as it's between paydays (my mom gets paid every two weeks, and for now she's my source of income). Don't worry, though, I still should be able to come and contribute to the meeting.

As for a place to eat, I haven't been to IHOP in almost four months, and that time I loved it. It's just that I'm not sure that anyone else would want to drive all the way the hell out to Pecanland Plaza to eat...

12. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    The fifth brings up somewhat of a conflict for me too.. I have a basketball tournement in Dodson LA that weekend.. Sorry, I had forgotten about that.

13. Jedi Dante Ky

May 16, 2000
    I'm down with waiting till the DVD comes out. I say a marathon if at all possible. We can fire up a grill and cook some burgers and hot dogs. It would have to be pot luck style. So lets set the preliminary idea for sometime in November possibly during Thanksgiving break for everyone, like the Monday or Tuesday of the break.....that sound good?

14. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

May 8, 2003
    That it does, Dante. Can't wait. :)

15. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    Monday or Tuesday sounds good to me, I can't wait! :D

16. Jedi Dante Ky

May 16, 2000
    Would you guys be against hosting it at a church??

17. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

May 8, 2003
    Nah. What church did you have in mind?

18. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    Nah, I'm all up for anywhere. A Church is fine with me.

19. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

May 8, 2003
    Well, I had to go to Wally World last night to get a new keyboard/mouse set, so I decided to look for a good link cable. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any but I did find some 15' Cat-5 Ethernet cable there, for ~$5 if I remember correctly. Does anyone have a hub or anything, or know where to get one?

Sith Droid out.

20. Jedi Dante Ky

May 16, 2000
    I have a hub. You guys wanting to do an Xbox lan party or something? Remember, all 6 movies back to back will take over 12 hours.

21. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

May 8, 2003
    I know; we could probably play a little Halo before or after that. After my girlfriend's birthday party (or sometime in the next few weeks), I'll go and buy a few lenghts of cable. Which game does everyone here prefer; Halo or Halo 2? Personally, I like the first game more, but it's not just me that'll be playing...

Sith Droid out.

22. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    I prefer the first game because I have played it more, but I really stink at both so it doesn't matter.. :p

23. Jedi Dante Ky

May 16, 2000
    I only have the 1st one. I'm a big sports game fan as it is. However, I do have Clone Wars that we should be able to system link.

24. yodahs-daddy

May 20, 2002
    Clone Wars would be awesome, Anyone have SW battlefront as well?

25. DARTH_VADER_AND_C3P0

May 8, 2003
    I've got one of those Tetris-Clone Wars copies at home, but I don't have BF. Like the cables and such, I'll look into getting it sometime between now and the meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.