main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Metal Gear Solid: Before the Red Dawn

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by exodus411, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exodus411

exodus411 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2003
    Metal Gear Solid: Before the Red Dawn

The year is 2006. A state of relative calm has fallen over the nations of the world, with no major military conflicts anywhere. Of course, there are the natural battles and skirmishes between the Middle-Eastern nations, as well as the African nations, though the U.N. works hard to suppress any fighting. Under the radar though, lurks a silent power struggle between Russia, the United States, and Germany. Each nation has access to nuclear weapons, and the strained relationships caused by this knowledge has caused the world to hold its breath, waiting to see which nation will make the first move. The CIA has received word of a German research facility, deep in the jungles of Brazil, that has begun construction on a new nuclear weapon, one with enough firepower to destroy half of the United States with a single bomb.
    The United States Government has called upon a Special Forces unit, Group X, to infiltrate the facility and report the activities of the Germans.

===================================================================================================================

Hello, and welcome to Metal Gear Solid: Before the Red Dawn! If you are familiar with any of the games of the Metal Gear franchise, you?ll be pleased to hear that this RPG will be run similar to one of the games. You?ll play a CIA operative carrying out an ultra-secret mission to the jungles of Brazil to figure out what is going on down there, and why. Initially, that is. ;)

I?m your GM, exodus411. Should you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM. Below are my rules and regulations, as well as a sample character sheet.

I'd like to note that this RPG will be very realistic, meaning that if you're seen, and the opposing soldier has time to radio in your presence, the whole area will be out looking for you, making it very hard for you to complete your mission without being seen again. Your character will die if you are not careful. The enemies you will face aren't teddy bears........they're men with guns, and they want to kill you. Simple as that. They won't show mercy.

===================================================================================================================

Rules

1. Obey the TOS
    2. PM all questions or comments to me or the appropriate user so that this RPG doesn?t get bogged down in OOC messages.
    3. Post regularly, and inform the Game Master if you are to be absent for any period of time.
    4. Keep the language PG-13 rated.
    5. PM ALL character sheets to me for approval before posting them.
    6. Most importantly of all.............HAVE FUN!

Character Sheet

Name: (and Codename)
    Nationality/Heritage:
    Appearance:
    Brief Biography: (Include Birthplace, Birthdate, Previous Military Training, etc.)

*NOTE*= I'll only take about six people initially, so if there's an overflow, I'll have to choose. Make these sheets good. ;)

2. master-of-les-pauls

master-of-les-pauls Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 16, 2005
    Dude is snake in the game?

3. exodus411

Jul 13, 2003
    No, that's something I forgot to cover......forgive me. This RPG will operate seperately from any of the MGS games. In other words, none of the things that happened in the video games have happened in this RPG. I'm not saying that this RPG is before all that stuff........I'm saying it didn't happen. None of those characters exist, and neither do the things that they did.

So to answer your question......no, Snake will not be in this RPG. You must create your own character.

4. WISE_JEDI12

WISE_JEDI12 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2005
    This looks good character sheet coming soon

5. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Sorry for the delay.

GM Approved

Name: Terras Elu

Codename: The Fun

Nationality/Heritage: American

Bloodline: Irish, Russian, and Italian lineage is in his family history among some others, but those are the big 3

Appearance: Blond hair that he usually parts in the front and deep blue eyes that of the ocean.

Clothing is a typical jumpsuit, black in color. Allows him to run without much wind resistance, those few extra seconds can count. Is about 5'11" tall and around 160 lbs.

Brief Biography: Born in Carson City, Nevada on July 14th, 1972, Terras Elu was brought up in a dull life. His father was a writer and his mother was an archaelogist and usually off on explorations.

Terras found a particular liking to handguns, especially the Walther P99s. His speed at using them is above average and decided that he would always go aroudn carrying one...well, when he could anyway.

Always practicing when he could when he wasn't driving his parents and siblings(2 sisters and 1 brother...3rd child) insane due to his hyperness.

Soon he joined the army at the age of 19 and went through, eventually into the Delta Force and learned advanced tactical IT deployment and stealth procedures. Next thing he knew, Terras found himself also a part of the Green Berets for a short time.

Due to wanting to always join the CIA and getting a letter of recommendation to them, he joined. And now a mission of some importance has presented itself to him.

He can only wait eagerly, though barely for Terras is a bit of a pyromanaic and hyper person. Battle and war is cause for excitement, partying...absolutely loves explosions and anything with fire.

Outside of his two Walther P99 handguns, he carries around ten grenades and is always on the lookout for flamethrowers and stinger or nikita missile launchers that he could hopefull acquire on the battlefield.

"The Fun is ready for the party, baby. Hell yes!"

6. exodus411

Jul 13, 2003
    I'm going through a lot of junk in RL right now......hopefully by this weekend I'll be back on my feet, and replying to PMs and whatnot. I haven't left you guys, I promise. ;)

7. JediKnight20043

JediKnight20043 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 18, 2004
    OOOO, this sounds good.

Ill send you my CS in the morning.

Also I dont know what PG-13 language is, im british.

8. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    Just keep it TOS friendly. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.