main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Mini Task #1] The Coke vs Pepsi debate

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, Sep 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002

You've got yourself a chance to earn a whole whopping one point to add to your total Big Brother score this week here.

Almost everyone knows about the Coke-a-cola vs Pepsi Cola debate. Well, we're going to relive it right now. I want you all to explain your side of the debate in depth and state your standpoint. Hell, if you prefer RC Cola to the other two, go for it. But it's cola -- no sunkist, cheerwine, sun drop, code red, etc.

Have fun,

~ James

2. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    James, do you want to responses in one post in this thread or each in our separate threads, cause that's a lot, and will burry our task 1s. :(

3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Sorry, should've made myself clear.

Keep it all to this thread.

~ James

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    I love Pepsi, I really do. To me, Coke tastes like stale Pepsi. However, to Coke people, Pepsi tastes like stale Coke.

The staleness, therefore, is not the problem. The problem is whether you like the bite, or the smoothness. Coke has a bit of a bite to it (which it loses as the fizz goes away), whereas Pepsi has a smoothness to it (as the fizz goes away). How this works, I don't know. But it does.

Why, therefore, do I love the smooth (intriguing?) flavor of Pepsi? Really, I think it's because that's what my mom bought when I was younger, so I got used to the taste. If it'd been the other way, I'd be the other way.

To be honest, however, I must say that I am starting to develop a taste for Coke.

5. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Jolt is the only cola. All the sugar and twice the caffiene.

6. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Here is why I like Diet Coke:

Diet coke is pure ecstasy; it?s liquid pleasure. And the most perfect form it?s found in is a 20oz plastic bottle. From the second the scent hits me, to the slight shiver than courses through my body in anticipation of that very first sip all the way to the last succulent drop diet coke is an orgasmic experience. The rush, the trembling, the utter agony of animation as I frantically work at the cap? as it cascades across my lips. The refreshing taste of Diet Coke is beyond compare.

And Diet Pepsi is like drinking dirty sink water. Ick. Like slurping toilet water through a straw.

I don?t drink regular pepsi/coke. barf alert.

7. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Of the two, Coke is by far superior, as it is not flat or over-syrupy nor does it have the nasty Pepsi aftertaste.

Not to mention Coca-cola chooses not to enter the seedy world of Mature-American exploitation as Pepsi has in the past. This disgraceful use of the Senility-Enhanced for their own greedy profitmaking and for the delusion of younger skulls full of mush like Comet should mean immediate expulsion from the American non-adult beverage landscape.

Let the French have their wimpy, second rate Pepsi. We Americans drink Coca-cola.

8. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I've got some ideas. I'll do this tomorrow afternoon. :)

9. Jjanda_Solo

Jjanda_Solo Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2001
    I don't like either one. And I'm sure I deserve a point for that point of view. ;)

10. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Pepsi all the way.

1. coke has a metallic taste to it

2. my 5 grade science project tested the effects of sodas on meat. after one week, pepsi, 7-up, orange Slice and Dad's Rootbeer had started to eat away the meet. Whereas the Coke had completely disolved it. I just can't submit my body to that torture.

11. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

I tend to not drink dark colas at all, prefering Mt Dew to Coke or Pepsi. That said, as a member of the civilized world I have tasted each enough to form an opinion.

Pepsi isn't very good. All variations on Pepsi -- Crystal Pepsi, Pepsi One, etc -- are even worse. It seems to taste flat even fresh out of the bottle, and leaves an aftertaste that tastes like a wet dog smells. Could I drink Pepsi if I were at risk of dehydrating altogether? Sure, but I wouldn't like it.

I don't much care for Coke either, except in a very specific case. I love cold Coke out of a glass bottle. There is nothing quite like the nostalgia and old-time feel of drinking icy cold Coke out of a slender glass bottle. Sometimes they're hard to find, but worth their price when available. Only under these circumstances should a person partake of the dark cola.

AYBABTU

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I honestly just like the taste of Coke better. My parents were Coke drinkers, so that might have made me predesposed to it, along with it being at all the finest dinning establishments (ie McDonald's).

Pepsi tastes like watered down syrup, and even when it's fresh, it still tastes flat.

13. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I prefer root beer, microbreweries if possible, but I'll take a stab at the psychology of this.

Coke originally got its kick from cocaine, so it didn't really matter what it tasted like. When they nixed the coke everyone discovered it tasted like battery acid, but kept drinking it because they're blind sheep.

Pepsi on the other hand is made from the pure nectar of angels collected by carefully squeezing the angels until the liquids run freely from them.

In conclusion, Pepsi is for heartless murderers, Coke is for corporate shills.

I like the Pepsi.

o_O

14. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm fine with Coke OR Pepsi. However, anything else is devil spawn.

I do not like clear sodas, as sodas are not supposed to be clear. Water is supposed to be clear. Sodas are supposed to be brown. That is why coke and pepsi are the best sodas. Dr. Pepper sucks. QED.

15. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    For me it's like choosing the lesser of weevils. I'm really not a fan of either soft drink, seeing as how neither taste really appeals to me. And if you drink them too much, I hear they'll stain your teeth. In fact, I have evidence. She's my grandma.

However, if I had to pick between the two (which is like picking between two hated cousins that you're forced to spend time with), I'd pick Pepsi. It actually tastes OKAY.

The only time I'd drink coke is when it's an only option. Same applies to Pepsi, I suppose. There's several sodas I'd choose over it (Mt. Dew, for example. Flame me if you must, but it tastes good to me).

If Pepsi and Coke got in a fight, I think Coke would win. Not that that's relevant or anything.

16. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    I have a confesiion to make. I was once a coke addict.

No, not the snorting kind! But the liquid. I drank it just about everyday when i was a youngster, right through my early teens and middle teens. Now though, now i have realised the errors of my ways. I went off coca-cola, didn't taste a drop for months! And when i finally did taste it again, i felt like spitting the crap out! Drinking coke thesedays gives me the sensation that my teeh are being rotted to the core!! Coke is just alot more unhealthy than other soft drinks. True, a cold coke is satisfying, has a certain bite to it. But it doesn't taste too great. Coke has too much sugar. It's unhealthy. I don't care about healthy foods, low carbs and that kinda crap but coke is just the ick!

I was in Pizza Hut yesterday, had a glass of Pepsi with ice. Nice and cold, went down really well. Pepsi all the way!!

17. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I support Coca-Cola.
    Why? Besides the fact that my family owns stocks in the company, I love the taste. To me Pepsi has too much sugar or is just too sweet. Pepsi cannot beat a nice cold coke in a glass cup on a summer day.

I have observed that Coke is also more popular in Europe. The Europeans have spoken and there is a reason behind their decision. Coca-Cola is just better.

-Seldon

18. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    Oh, please. Is there any question? Coke is better than Pepsi, simply because it?s Coke.

I suppose that most of my evidence for this statement can be found in a series of charts and graphs that reveal the truth about Pepsi. Like?did you know that Pepsi has negative affects on sex?

[image=http://ninnet.homestead.com/files/pepsisex.jpg]

So, why do so many people actually prefer the nerve-cell-destroying taste of Pepsi Cola? I?ll tell you why: one sip, and they?re hooked. It?s like cigarettes or E, but without the cool image or pleasant hallucinations, respectively*.

That?s right- the chemical formula of Pepsi Cola (CH4RnSe7 + H2O) is specifically designed to target the gray matter of your brain and produce a series of chemical reactions that simulates the effects of a frontal lobotomy. The brainwashing effects of drinking Pepsi can be represented by the following quadratic function:

y = x^2 + 5

Where x = number of Pepsi Colas drank?drunk?drinken?whatever. Where?s my evidence for all this? Oh ye of little faith, behold!

[image=http://ninnet.homestead.com/files/pepsibrainwashes.jpg]

The roots of this function are ± 2.2361i? that?s right, two imaginary numbers. When Pepsi tastes good, it?s just your imagination.

And one solid fact that must not be overlooked when considering your point of view in this argument: PEPSI KILLS KITTENS.

[image=http://ninnet.homestead.com/files/pepsikillskittens.jpg]

*Terr_Mys does not support illegal drug use.

19. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Terr_Mys does not support illegal drug use.

Mortimer_Snerd does. He recommends everyone here start smoking big boulders of crack immediately.

20. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    Drop a coin in a can of Coke and you'll get it back clean and shiny fresh, oftimes with a "new car" odour to it that cannot be reproduced outside new car factories and new car odour squirt bottles. Due in no small part to its amazing springtime appearance, the actual value of a coin that has been Coked to its base elements can rise as maddened collectors the world over scour e-bay for mint condition collectable coinage such as the one making a small chemical burn in your hand right now.

Drop a coin in a can of Pepsi and see what you pull out of it....same filthy, germ-ridden piece of metal worth x amount of currency you had 5 minutes ago. And now you've soiled your mildly caffinated beverage. You poor, misbegotten cretin.

The choice is clear.
    For a rapidly inflating economy and stomach ulcers likely to inflate with equal speed, drink Coke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.