main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Minutes of meeting: 6/13/10

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by HanChewie, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    The meeting opened at 1:30p.m. at Mimi's Cafe - Victorville

We are now podcasting as of today. With the funds left in the tresury, the club purchased a video camera that can be used to post video online. We will video events, and some meetings. Doug will edit and post these.

ELECTIONS: These are the individuals that will represent the new board for the next 12 months. Passed by all present.
    President: Mike
    Vice Pres: Doug
    Tres: Nicol
    Sec: Sandy

The offical mascot of the IEFF will be Ronnie(Darth Malum) and he wants a cape! Welcome, Ronnie.

DUES AND MEMBERSHIPS: The cost of membership now will be $5 a month per person for the year. This is how we are going to raise monies to help with paying for the things we need to help the group. Starting with age 16 and above, and starting with July as the date to start this. All present agreed with this new way of doing the dues. No more 2 tier memberships and Mike will make an admendment to our charter to reflect this. You can PM Mike or Nicol with their address to send monies or call and arrange a meeting to send in your dues. Go to next post to see more.

2. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    The IEFF will be immortalized forever. Allen talked to the director of the library, and the director wants to place us on the walk of fame bricks outside the library. This is such an honor for all of us. He wants to do a brick induction and also for the 501st for their appreciation for all the work and donations to the library we have done.=D=
    A check presentation from our donation to the library photo op at the library will be soon, hopefully this week.

The IEFF has gone to the 21st century. Not only do we have a web site, but now we are on facebook, my space, and twitter. Thank you to Stuart, Doug, and Mike for doing so much to help set this up. The web, facebook, myspace are all now revamped, to make it look more professional for the group. There are new ways of searching the site. Mike is also revamping the photo bucket/link page and adding all of the photos we have. For facebook, we need to have at least 25 people like us so we can get a user name for the site. So far as of the other night we were all 21, I think. Please use like us not friend to help us get the user name. Doug is going to be responsible for content.

We also have a you - tube page. We will do podcasting from this site and events. We will also be doing fan film stuff utilizing the u-tube site.=D= We also need 25 like us for the twitter site. Stuart will be posting our stuff on the site(say tweet). He will also do Myspace as well.

Please go to the next post for more.

3. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Please check the current boards for events coming up. The John Williams concert, Kari is in charge of that and if you need to ask anything about the concert, ask or PM her.

The University of Redlands Fourth of July event is coming up soon and there is a thread for this on the boards. Mike is hoping to have a picnic at the event and enjoy the day and also the fireworks at night. He is going to go down the hill on June 25, 2010 to purchase and pick up tickets. He really needs a good number to allow him to purchase the right amount of tickets for the event. It is $7 if you get them early, or $10, the day of the event. You can pay him back for the ticket that day if you ordered them thru him.

Comic-con is coming up in July. Thread on the boards for this.

Star Wars fan day at Disneyland is June 27, 2010. There is a thread about this one on the boards. Star Tours is closing on July 26. The date was moved up by a day. Then the site will be refurbished and reopened later.

Choc Walk us coming up in October. Check the boards for more information.

Long Beach Comic Con will be the 2nd week of October. We need to if we are interested by the end of July or August to make arrangements for the con. A thread will be set up soon. For more minutes go to next post.

4. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Need ideas for things to due in the next few months. One idea was the LA ZOO. It is only $10 to go to this.
    A beach trip in August was a suggestion. Apple picking in September is a go for that one. There was an idea for a ironman marathon that is coming up later. Another idea was going to a movie together, maybe even Tron.

Star Wars Day at the movie theater that Doug works at in Apple Valley for the 30th Anniversary of THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK is in the works. Right now, Lucasfilm does not have a 35mm print of the picture, since they are doing everything digitally, and since the current manager of the theater does not want to utilize the only digital theater screen they have right now, they were thinking that maybe in August would be a safer time to use the screen and make a BIG deal about all of this. Right now the Mercs and the 501st are on board, as well as the IEFF and the Falcon and Obi-Shawn. According to Doug, this would be a big thing for the theater and other surrounding stores in the area. He will keep us all up to date about this.

Sorry it took so long to post all of this, but there was a lot of information to share with all of you.

Meeting was adjourned at 2:27p.m.

Sandy

5. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    thank you for the update and looking forward to the new adventures

6. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    SUPER AWESOME MINUTES SANDY! I think the only thing you left off was what everyone ordered. ;)

7. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Sandy in two simple words...YOU ROCK! =D=

Thanks for your great minutes. They were the best ever. Yes there was alot to cover that and you did a great job letting everyone know what's up.[:D]

To recap for all not there...there's no more two tier membership. $5.00 for the year and you can go to any event you want. One or all. With that said, to be apart of this group the cost is a measly $5.00. Please PM myself or Nikol on where to send your $5.00. Stuart I'll be PM-ing you shortly.

Lots of events still coming up throughout the rest of this year so stay tuned and stay plugged in. Some events will require a head count, so please post when asked if you can make a certain event or not.

I was so honored about our "Brick" at the library...I got chills at the meeting. I'm glad to represent all of us and I want to say a big thank you for all of you that make this group a little better by participating and making it happen.

As Sandy said, we're in the 21st century now. Thanks to the countless hours put in by Stuart, Doug, and yours truly, we've got the whole package when it comes to seeing what we're all about! Any and all media - we're there. You name it...from our awesome website, facebook, myspace, youtube, twitter, and photobucket sites, folks are sure to get a good look at who and what we're all about. Everything is uniform and looks professional as it should. It's not a hodge podge of scattered information. It all syncs together now. I want to thank Stuart and Doug for their tireless works on getting everything to um...well...to my liking.:D

Okay folks, that's my two cents. For all that were there, it was awesome to see you all. For those in the group that couldn't make it, you were missed. Make sure to stay tuned and check in regularly people as there's lots of exciting things in the works for the group that you're gonna want to see and be apart of!

Lastly, I want to give Caia who is our newest member a huge IEFF welcome to the group! You'll make a great addition to this group. We look forward to many great times with you.[:D]

[face_flag] The IEFF ROCKS!!!=D= [face_dancing] :)

8. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    Round of applause =D=
    When I read the part of the "Brick" for the library it made me so proud to be a member of Ieff...
    Looking forward to the year.

9. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Looks at watch. Looks in PMs. You lie! :_|

Awesome job with the minutes as always Sandy!

10. Dark_J3dii

Dark_J3dii Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
  11. Dark_J3dii

Dark_J3dii Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2010
    >>Spamming will get you nowhere.

12. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Thanks for the wonderful words from everyone. I am glad I did it right. I still might be a little confused about the dues thing. Sorry about that.

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

No Biggie Sandy. :) Here's the deal with our club "Dues" -----> To recap for all not there...there's no more two tier membership. For $5.00 for the year, you can go to any event you want. One or all. With that said, to be apart of this group the cost is a measly $5.00 per person. Please PM myself or Nikol on where to send your $5.00. I'd like to have this taken care of as soon as possible. Thanks everyone. :)

14. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

I actually DID send it Stuart...just that I sent it to the wrong person. I sent it to myself:oops: 8-}

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006

Thank you for this. I have no idea who this is. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.