main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Mon Mothma

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by dolphin, Mar 17, 2013.

1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Princess Leia is widely assumed to have a leadership role in the New Republic in Episode VII but what of Mon Mothma, the first President of the New Republic. The actress Caroline Blakiston is still active and appears healthy. I'd think she'd be up for reprising the role. Perhaps Mon Mothma should be long retired but influential as an advisor to Princess Leia and the new Senate.

What do you think? Should she come back for a bit role or should the character be mentioned in passing (double entendre)?

[​IMG]

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    A cameo would be nice. especially because Blakiston actually wanted to cameo in ROTS, but she never even got a response to her letter.

3. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Doubtful the big old geezer three will have time to swing by the galactic cemetery. Perhaps MM will get a quick mention or background shot if she's a statue in front of the new republic.

dolphin and CT-867-5309 like this.
  4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Who would play Mothma in the ST? Blakiston, O'Reilly or some new look-alike actress?
    I do not think Blakiston will return since she is a bit too old now.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    I could get behind a zombie Mon Mothma appearance :p

In all serious though she should be long dead by the time the ST takes place so a statue or hologram appearance only if she does appear.

6. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    The character was in her 50's in RotJ. Ifthe ST is 40 years later, the character would be in her 90's. Not impossible, but not likely. Especially if Leia is supposed to be a major part of the Republic Government.

7. themetresgained

themetresgained Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2013
    Would work even better if Disney happens to release an extended cut of RotS with all the Mon Mothma scenes that were originally cut reincluded. I think it would be cool to see Mon Mothma played by the original actress for a cameo.

8. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Was she? Damn, could have fooled me! If CB would like a cameo, that would be cool...

9. RebelBird631

RebelBird631 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah, I don't see it happening she's way too old now. Granted, I'm happy that the big(no pun intended) 3 are reprising their roles, but if they keep reprising roles from the original films there won't be any room left to tell a new story.

10. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    How is she too old if she is still alive and wants to do it? She is as many years older now as the Big Three. Would be great to see her in the ST. Would mostly likely only be a cameo, but none the less.

These people deserve to be acknowleged if you ask me, and it looks great for the series and continuity.

princessnikki likes this.
  11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, I doubt she would make an apperance due to when it will most likely be set, but a mention of her further contributions to the New Republic (or whatever they want to call it) would be nice. Even just a visual, like a statue or holo.

dolphin likes this.
  12. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    The actress would only be 30ish years older than when she did ROTJ. It's not impossible. But yeah, if she asked for a cameo in RotS and didn't even get a response to her letter, it doesn't bode well.

13. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    I would not mind a cameo. However, I just saw her pics and she was not immediately recognizable. She may be a bit too old for the part. Yet, if her appearance will advance the plot, then I am for it.

General Immodet likes this.
  14. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    You are right. The biggest reason why this may in fact be a bad idea is that she doesn't look like the Mon Mothma from ROTJ. *shrug* It was just a thought.

[​IMG]

Oh, in case it isn't clear. The person on the right played Mon Mothma in ROTJ.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Img is broken for me. Got a direct link?

16. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
  17. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    I think with the right wig and makeup she could definitely regain that appearance and air of respect/integrity/authority etc.

18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Look the size of her HANDS!!! She could play Unicron!!! [face_hypnotized]

19. bluemilkcheesypuffs77

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    This would be a good character to follow for a couple of episodes in a television show. Bit more background info, the stressof running a rebellion and raising your kids. That kind of thing.

2 potential story arcs for tv:

1) upon returning to her home world of Chandrilla after the destruction of the empire, mon monthma hopes for some quiet family time. But a former imperial who apparently renounced the empire is now an influential politician looking to discredit mon. Mon will have to turn to her old friends admiral ackbar and Crix madine to uncover the truth.

2) the stresses of war and rebellion push two unlikely people into a relationship. Mon mothma never expected to fall for admiral ackbar but true love cannot be denied. Will the new republic accept a fish head and a woman shacking up together. It might take some friendly advice from wedge Antilles to sort this one out.

dolphin and Seagoat like this.
  20. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    i wouldn't mind seeing her in a cameo, but i doubt they want to populate the new trilogy with too many returning characters.

Darth Claire likes this.
  21. themetresgained

Feb 23, 2013
    Everyone knows that if Ackbar ever hooked up with any female human it would be Winter.

bluemilkcheesypuffs77 likes this.
  22. LunarMoth

Nov 27, 2012
    Why does it seem like everyone here thinks that Mon Mothma would not have aged like everyone else?

23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Again, no need to show every single character ever mentioned or shown.
    Wouldn't mind if she appeared, but would not even notice if she didn't.

24. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

This.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    There's a few people who'd like to see Mon Mothma as a tyrant- since it would support their view of her behaviour in the EU.

The residents of SD.net spring to mind.