main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Monopoly - - - game has a winner

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by RX_Sith, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I am going to be taking suggestions from everyone as to who would like to participate in a Monopoly game.

Here are the rules: Monopoly Official Rules.

Here is what the regular board looks like:

[image=http://www.worldofmonopoly.co.uk/history/images/bd-usa.jpg]

The above image shows the layout and properties and cost for each property that a player can land on.

Tokens for regular Monopoly are: Car, Dog, Wheelbarrow, Thimble, Hat, Steamboat, Cannon, Shoe, Iron, Horse, and Money Bag.

Tokens for Star Wars Monopoly are: R2-D2, Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Stormtrooper, Princess Leia, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, and it has C-3PO as the host.

Both computer versions allow up to six players to play. I can do the regular version first, then the Star Wars one after that and then rotate it that way. I can keep track of everything on the computer game that I have of both. I can save it daily, post dice results, post what properties or cards participants have, and other miscellaneous parts of the game.

Now, the questions for anyone interested in playing are as follows:

1. This will be a time limit game of Monopoly (otherwise I am sure that the game would last weeks or even months).

2. The game will be played on the computer versions that I have of regular Monopoly and Star Wars Monopoly. The computer will allow me to keep track of where a player's token is at, how much money and property they have, and what their roll will be. I will inform the players who sign up of the result of each roll.

For example:

a. The computer rolls a 7 for Player One as they start the game. Their selected token lands on the Chance square. Then it states that they are to advance to the closest railroad (which would be Pennsylvania Railroad) at which they would be allowed to either purchase the property or have it sold at an auction. If they buy it then it is theirs. If they select auction, all players PM me and the one with the highest price gets it (even if that price is above or below or the actual purchase price).

3. Time limit for the game: I would like everyone interested to post what time limit to set for the game (They would have to be available online for that particular amount of time). For example: We set the time limit for a 6 hour game. We would then decide whether to do the 6 hour game all in one day or over a period of 2 to 3 days maximum. If one day is selected, then everyone would have to set aside that amount of hours to play the game. If 2 or 3 days, then maybe 2 to 4 hours maximum a day would be best.

So, it is all up to everyone who is interested. Give me your feedback and then we can make plans to start this on probably a weekend date (like Saturday, June 14th at the earliest).

Otherwise, please make suggestions as to when you would like to start this game. Please when you sign up, select which token you would like to have.

The winner will be the person with the most amount of assets (money and property). Any other questions or suggestions are welcome. After all, this is the game of [b]MONOPOLY![/b]

[hr]

[b]SIGNUPS[/b]

2. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    Sounds impractical as hell. But if you can pull it off... and I really enjoy Monopoly...

1. KiwiRogue (Top Hat)

3. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005

1. KiwiRogue (Top Hat)
    2. Kyptastic (Battleship :p)

4. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I'll be a guinea pig!

1. KiwiRogue (Top Hat)
    2. Kyptastic (Battleship :p)
    3. Onoto (Cannon)

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    1. KiwiRogue (Top Hat)
    2. Kyptastic (Battleship tongue )
    3. Onoto (Cannon)
    4. Kelia (Steamboat)

6. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    1. KiwiRogue (Top Hat)
    3. Onoto (Cannon)
    4. Kelia (Steamboat)
    5. LilyHobbitJedi (Dog)

7. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    As far as time goes, it would be better for me if we could do maybe three sessions of two hours spread out over about a week, with afternoons (Central Time) being the best for me. Still, I can do mornings if necessary, weekdays being better than weekends. I just need to know a bit in advance (perhaps 24 hours) so that way I can budget the time.

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Well, if everyone else agrees, then we'll schedule it on weekdays vs. weekends.

Probably the best time for me on weekdays right this month would be early in the morning or late at night (from 5 A.M. to 7 A.M. or 7 P.M. to 9 P.M. board time). That would be 7 A.M. to 9 A.M. and 9 P.M. to 11 P.M. Central Time at least this month. Next month, I'll be able to schedule it anytime after 4 P.M. board time (6 P.M. Central Time) on weekdays.

If it is this coming weekend, then I was going to schedule it from 2 P.M. to 6 P.M board time (4 P.M. to 8 P.M. Central Time) at the most this Saturday. We can always shorten the time to two or three hours if that is all everyone can do.

Again, everyone else give me their input and then I'll post a permanent schedule.

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    1. KiwiRogue (Top Hat)
    3. Onoto (Cannon)
    4. Kelia (Steamboat)
    5. LilyHobbitJedi (Dog)
    6. DarthIshtar

I am allowed to sign up for that sixth spot, right?

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, and that locks in our 6 contestants. PM's will be sent to see when everyone can be online at the same time to start this. And Ish, please select your token.

11. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I wish this the best of luck! Go get 'em, RX. :D

12. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    The mornings probably won't work for me as I'm working, but anything at night is good for me at the moment.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I would like to be the Moneybag.

And mornings are best for me.

14. DDL

DDL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2005
    Damn, too late. Oh well...have fun. :p

15. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    mmm, since I'm on the other side of the world, it might be easier if I pull out. I'm usually working or busy when you guys seem to be free.

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Okay, Kyptastic, no problem. DDL is available to take your spot, so we still have our six participants.

17. KiwiRogue

KiwiRogue Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2005
    I think the time suggested is alright with me (I live in New Zealand, and the time is currently 3:30PM Tuesday).

EDIT: Mornings for you is still middle of the night for me, so it would have to be evenings for me to play.

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, it will be evenings when we do this with Thursday as the starting night. We'll probably do about an hour or so that night and then continue the next evening (if everyone is available) and then continue either on Saturday or Monday after that. I'm looking to do a game lasting anywhere from two hours to the least to about 6 to 8 hours at the most altogether.

19. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I've got too much to do in the evenings, so I'll pull out now and open up my slot. I'm really sorry, because it looks like fun.

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Okay. We have one open spot. Again, we are planning to start this on Thursday evening. So, please, if you sign up, make sure that you are available. We will play for about an hour or so starting around 6 or 7 P.M. board time, but it could start a little earlier than that. We will be playing a timed game where the winner is decided by their net worth. Total game time will be around 6 to 8 hours over a period of 3 to 5 days.

1. KiwiRogue (Top Hat)
    2. DDL (Battleship) :p
    4. Kelia (Steamboat)
    5. LilyHobbitJedi (Dog)
    6. DarthIshtar (Money Bag)

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Cool. I'll keep checking the thread so I know when to be here.

22. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    maybe the next game I'll play...I won't have time to play this one. I'm going on vacation next week.

23. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, but Thursday night is fine for me.

24. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    Sounds like fun. I guess I'll fill in the missing spot. :)

1. KiwiRogue (Top Hat)
    2. DDL (Battleship)
    3. DARTH-SHREDDER (Canon)
    4. Kelia (Steamboat)
    5. LilyHobbitJedi (Dog)
    6. DarthIshtar (Money Bag)

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Thank you for filling in the last spot Darth-Shredder. Time for this to commence will be around 4 P.M. board time (6 P.M. Central Time). We will play either one of two versions. One is where we play until all the properties on the board have been sold, then a winner is declared (based on net worth which is money plus property), or where we play for a set amount of time (6 to 8 hours) over a period of 3 to 5 weekdays.

I will base this on what everyone's preference is and how fast it takes to get all properties bought (usually it takes only about 1 to 2 hours to do so). Good luck to everyone participating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.