main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA Monthly Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Jul 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    If anyone is lurking, I am here :cool:

2. -Yun-Harla-

-Yun-Harla- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    Kriff my life.

Missed the meeting. My mom just had to drag me out of the house and not return me until uh... like ten minutes ago. :(

If anybody's still online, I'm game though. Ha ha.

3. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I built it.

But no body came... :_|

Just kidding.. Stacy and I hung out for a while & Gala stopped by later. No worries for everyone who could not make it.. I take the blame for rescheduling in the first place..

I would still love to get an online chat meeting in this month..

How about Saturday, 29th, 10:00 PM.. :cool:

4. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    :_| I can't believe what a dork I am!! :(

Something came up at the last minute, and when I changed my plans I didn't even think about the meeting! :oops:

The 29th sounds like it will work, and I'm putting it in my schedule now so I don't completely forget about it.

~Celeste

5. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    That's no problem :)

And we are all dorks :-B heh.. (I'm the king dork! 8-} )

Actually, I put the wrong date.. I will usually keep it on Fridays.. So lets try:

Friday, August 28th, 10:00 PM

No changes :)

Think of things you want to do as a group and directions we want to take this group.. we'll go from there :)

Rob

6. Pugglethelesser

Pugglethelesser Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    Alright, 10 p.m. it is.

7. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Yay!! I can't wait!

I've been trying (quite successfully) to keep my schedule clear for the evening, although my sister is trying to talk me into going to see GI JOE.... But I will resist!! :D

Speaking of which, has anyone seen it it? If so, is it worth spending $8.50 on or should I wait for the DVD?

~Celeste

8. Lord_Lahmien

Lord_Lahmien Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2008
    I show it and I would say it definitl worth the price of admission. My main concerns going in was the 'campiness' that comes along with movies made in the genre and Marlon Wayans. The story was actually believable (in a movie sense) ad well acted by all of those involved you mostly lose the actors in the roles. Marlon Wayans was genuiely funny and not distracting in the slightest the play between his character-Snakeyes-Scarlett and their flirt triangle is fun. I was slighly disappointed with the Snake-Eyes/Storm Shadow fights which were good but I expected more. Other than that I was quite pleased the movie as a whole and look forward to the sequel.

*Disclaimer* With all that being said G.I.Joe is the cartoon/toy that I can I grew up own, I had hundreds of figures, vehicles and accessories so my hopes for this movie may have been way too much for hollywood.

9. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm on.

((Hears the echoes...))

I'll hand out for a bit to see if anyone is coming :)

Rob

10. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Sorry I'm late, but I'm here too! I'll hang around for awhile to see if anyone else shows up..

11. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Me & Celeste are on [face_dancing] :)

Come & join us! :cool:

Rob :)

12. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    So me & Celeste got to really know each other! Turns out, Celeste is my long lost sister! Who would have known!!!

Just kidding. 8-} But it was a really nice night.

Where was everyone else? [face_shame_on_you]

Let's try this again.

Friday, September 11th, 10:00 PM

Be there or be square. :-B

13. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    I'm going to try to be on tonight, although I may be a little bit late. It's movie night with my sister tonight, but we should be done before 10:30 or so. Hope to see everyone there!

14. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Celeste, enjoy the movie. Not sure if everyone is offline a bit now. I didn't get any responses :-( Maybe I did not give enough notice.. I'll jump back on this week and try to set something with at least a couple weeks notice. I'd like to hear some responses that ppl are planning on coming :)

Thanks folks :)

I still have faith that we can get this rolling!

Rob

15. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    I'm on now. I'll be on for a little while.

16. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Thanks Rob! I'm online now, so if anyone still wants to chat I'll be on for a little while.

17. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Well, Celsete and I were on for a few hours. Everything seemed to go well.
    We're hoping to get some kind of a live meeting soon, even something as simple as food, or getting together for coffee.
    Nothing fancy, just something to get the ball rolling.
    Working out with the Philly lightsaber group was kicked around as an activity. They start about 7:45-8:00 on Friday night. So, nobody has to kill themselves trying to get out of work early. It's fun, it's simple, and other than paying for gas. It's free.
    Can we shoot for the 25th ? Or October 2nd ?

18. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Or not....?

19. CelseteAntola

May 18, 2002
    Sorry! [face_blush]

I'm game for a meet of some sort. Personally, I'd love to do a 'coffee' meeting or something like it before I trek all the way down to Philly. I would be nice to meet you all in person before I commit to a 2 hour drive versus an 1 hour drive.

I gotta make sure I'm gonna like everyone, after all... :p

Actually, it probably has more to do with the fact that I'm a bit shy. :D I'd rather walk into the lightsaber classes knowing somebody rather than no one at all, if you get what I'm saying... :)

~Celeste

20. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Rob, are you up for an informal meet and greet ? Anyone else ?

21. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Keep up the chatter! You're all doing great!

...now back to your regualrly scheduled chat.

22. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    After a little thought I realized that October 2nd is the premiere night for season 2. So, how does this coming Friday work for everyone ? Let Rob know and we can take it from there.

23. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Back from the depths of work.. [face_frustrated] Sorry for the silence folks.. My job is busiest mid - late September, so I had a lot to do as of late...

Generally, for me, Friday Nights are hard. Saturday Nights are much better, as long as I can plan them ahead of time.

Marcelle, don't worry.. I totally understand wanting to meet up at a safe distance and in a populated place, lol.. Why don't we do this.. This Friday, amazingly, is good for me and I am guessing since Stacy offered up the date, is good for him as well. If Philly is too far for the first meeting, Marcelle PM me where is a good place that you would like to meet up for coffee & cake (I had to add cake, lol =P~). Stacy is coming from near Nazareth, PA & I am near Reading, PA. PM me and we will figure out a central spot is is more of a 30 min drive or so.

Gala, since you don't have transportation and will probably have to meet in Philly, lets plan on meeting in Philly in October, so you can meet up. This is of course if Stacy & me don't scare Marcelle away, lol. 8-}. We could always alternate location from that point. I am originally from Philly so I am very comfortable with the area. I'd love to do a Chinatown meet at some point (back to food again, lol =P~ ).

Warren, are you still out there??

Anyone else???

Ok, lets get this going. I'll update as soon as we get something set.

Rob

24. JediSoccerDad

Aug 12, 2004
    Friday is tomorrow and since nothing is set, lets see if we can do this next Saturday instead. [face_thinking]

So, lets mark down Saturday, October 3rd. Time and place TBD :D

25. Pugglethelesser

Jul 13, 2006
    Ok, I'm up for next Saturday. I have class next Saturday, so if I'm going to make it , we need to meet at night. Coffee ? Somewhere in the middle ? Try the same Starbucks ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.