main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq *Mos Alba* General Discussion

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by LadyAnakinSkywalker, May 18, 2002.

1. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    Congratulations to us all for getting our own board. I have created this thread so we can just discuss anything. Other threads may be started for things like 'Meeting Topics', 'Events' and other things as they become needed. Thank you all again for all of your help, I can't wait to get this show on the road!

2. ChromiumTHC

ChromiumTHC Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Wow, I can't believe this is all happening so quickly!

I'm psyched!

Maybe I should go see AOTC again to celebrate?

:) Chromium :)

3. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    WoW!!!!!!! this is sooooo cool!!!!! we have our own thing!!!! I recently bought the starter pack for the *NEW* AOTC Trading Card game!!! it's awesome!!! we should play that too sometimes, at the meetings!

4. mt1881

mt1881 Jedi Youngling star 7

Aug 14, 2000
    :)

Hi, nope, I'm not from your area, just dropping by.

:)

5. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Yea the new trading card game. Thats what I meant. The other game I own some, but I wouldn't play it. I was just wondering if I should start with this new one. (As if I didn't have enough Star Wars stuff to spend my money on)

Chromium

6. TwilekSenator

TwilekSenator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 10, 2001
    YAY. this is exciting! I'm glad I started that ol' 'New Mexico' post! :)

7. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I think someone needs to stop giving Nabby so much sugar. All of those exclimation points are about to make my head spin. ;) Poor excited little Nabby.

Anyway, I have not purchased the new game set, but it is something I will look into as an investment. Or perhaps at our next meeting I will just watch Chromie and Nabby have at it and see if I like it. :D

Anyway, I will go ahead and fire up the Meeting Agenda threads, so we can hash out what's going to happen so we aren't just sitting around wondering what should be happening. :D

8. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    sorry LadyAni! Yea my dad said he'd help me play later on today!

edit: My TCG I mean!

9. SithLordAaron

SithLordAaron Jedi Youngling star 3

May 21, 2002
    What does a person have to do to get inducted into the Mos Alba community? I would be very displeased to know that you did not accept Sith Lords into your little group. Especially after having to put up with a young lady in my face, doing the Yoda Rap while in line at the sneak to Clones!

10. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    HEY! I was the young lady doing the Yoda Rap! You're Aaron! Hi again, good to see you found your way to the boards after I harassed you in line. Just don't bring spiders. ;) And all you have to do is 1) post with us and 2) come out our meeting on June 23rd, Sunday, time still TBA. :D

11. LadyNaberrie

Feb 7, 2002
    welcome SithLordAaron! thanks for joining!!!

12. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Getting this thread back to the top in case anyone wanted to restart the General Discussion (aka Random Topics) ;)

13. SirLancelot

SirLancelot Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2002
    You dont like me do you? :(

14. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    Hey, that's not fair. I wasn't personally attacking you, and I wasn't being mean. Having 2 threads for the same thing just takes up space, that's all. And instead of addressing this publically, I would appreciate a PM.

15. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Basically what LAS said. No one is here to offend you, SirLancelot. She was simply just trying to help you out since you are new around here. We try to cut down on redundancy by keeping the general discussions in one thread. ;)

16. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    I know, im just pulling your chain a little.

I will play nice now, and just simply say sorry.

(i wasent trying to be mean just trying to get an idea of your reaction, that helps me see how people work and how i should relate to them)

17. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    Just being curious, has any of you seen the movies Les Mesrables or Das Boot? I have wtched both today, and they are great movies! Actually i saw Les Mes in French class last year but it's still great! Please tell me if you have seen these films and what your opinons of them are.

18. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    By the way, if anyone is interested here is some info on the new Star Wars novel, set in the New Republic after The Courtship of Princess Leia.

The past haunts Princess Leia as she looks forward to an uncertain future. The four-year old New Republic continues to grow, as does Leia's love for her husband, Han Solo. But despite his wants, Leia is determined not to have children, for fear of the uncertainty of the Skywalker bloodline.
    An artifact from Alderaan containing secret codes used by the New Republic resurfaces at a shady Mos Espa auction, and Han and Leia voyage to Tatooine to secure it. While on the desert planet, Leia finds evidence of her father's past that cause her to rethink some of her firmest held beliefs.

Tatooine Ghost, a new hardcover novel by Troy Denning, is scheduled for release in February 2003.

I tried to post the picture of the cover, but I couldn't get it to work. The official site has it if you want to take a look.

SirLancelot,
    I haven't seen Les Miz yet, and only saw a brief scene of Das Boot. I keep trying to catch them on one of the Starz channels I have, but often miss it. I know I loved the Broadway production of Les Miz that I got to see a few years ago, fantastic!

19. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Feb 2003? Argh. I was hoping it would come out sooner than that. I devoured the AOTC novelization in a day, so I guess I'll go back to catching up on the NJO titles. On the subject of books, if you have LOTS of time on your hands read the book of Les Mis by Victor Hugo. Again, like most books it has a lot more detail than the movie...(which was great.) Liam....sigh.

20. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    Book, whats that?

no seriously, books generally are better then the movies, it's true. Except for novelizations of movies, those are bad. If you read a Tom Clancy book, and then watch the movie, they are both good, but the movies are often different in some aspects. anyway, just a little more food for thought.

21. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Speaking of which, saw Sum of All Fears and I thought the movie was great. I haven't read the book, but my friend told me the book wasn't even remotely close! Guess the baddies weren't the same, Ryan wasn't in the same capacity in the CIA, they blew up Colorado Springs rather than Baltimore...

I agree most movie novelizations aren't that great...I have to say the AOTC novel filled in some of the missing scenes, but overall I don't think it was a well written book

22. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    Happy first of July everyone!

only three days until independence day!

137 years ago today, started the three days that defined the united states for years to come. On Jully first 1863, the Battle of Gettyburg took place. The three days of the battle where the bloodiest in american history. The battle started with a skirmish between Union cavelry and advanced Confederate infantry, and balloned into a full on battle between two full armies. The battle culminated in Pickett's charge, when nearly 30,000 confederates charged the union center, but where repulsed. the end result was a union victory, and almost 30,000 total casualties on both sides.

This fourth of July dont only think of fireworks, barbecue, and flags remember those who created this nation out of their own blood, and remember those breave men in all Amereican conflicts form the revolution to the Gulf War, remember those who died for you.

23. ChromiumTHC

Mar 13, 2002
    Sir Lancelot,

Just wondering, are you in the military at all? Either that or you're sounding like a social studies teacher.

Either way I appreciate your patriotism.

Chromium

24. SirLancelot

Jun 10, 2002
    im just a military history buff, plus my family has a fair bit of service in the past. i just thought it would be nice to remind every one that a war was fought over differences in people oppinons, a war where thousands did so everyone in this nation could live free. Many people forget about that annd it pisses me off. People dont have a good feeling of history, so reminding them on the days helps to push a bit of reality upon them. Go rent Gettysburg or read The Killer Angels and learn a little more.

25. LadyAnakinSkywalker

Oct 6, 2001
    I personally don't agree with forcing anyone into learning anything, but more power to you for knowing stuff.