main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mother's Day gig and the original line party...

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by kitarusapien, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    First, the word from Kempe is that we are definately wanted at that event(May 12th in the afternoon at an undisclosed theatre)and that as soon as the corporates finalize who's doing what, we'll be given our marchin' orders for those who wish to partake. Keep in mind that if you are going to see the movie after, costs are high and all yours. We may still do an auction and costume contest, I don't know yet. The original May 15th line party is on hold simply because I haven't been able to get through to the media reps at Regal Cinemas in Knoxville to get permission to use the Continental to hold it. NOW, if anyone want's to have the line party AND do the Kempe deal(that is a for sure event!), then my suggestion is that we line up taking turns on the sidewalk to hold our places. As soon as the Net starts sellin' tickets, everyone who wants to go, get yours, and then when we come up to the gates, we'll get everyone in. I can take point Monday-Friday 0800-1400. Any takers on holding any other timeframe other than that??? If everyone would take a small piece of the burden, we could pull this off. If we can't do the costume contest and auction at Kempe's event, we could just play dumb, hold it in the line at the Continental on the 15th as planned, have the UP reps there, and stop only when told to do so by the management....that way we look good for the media and they look bad for stopping us. OK...comments, condemnation, coersions, collaberations, coincedances, compliance?

2. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    That all sounds good.

Say Tim, has the 501st guy from the springs contacted you yet? He was interested in what we are doing so I gave him your e-mail. 'Cause I knew you'd be able to answer all his questions :D

3. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    The one I've talked to the most is Lord Veska...but I have talked to a couple of them in the past....all I know for sure is that they are going to be at the Kempe event with us.

4. Lewis_Black

Lewis_Black Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2002
    Just tell me where to stand and who to menace. I've bounced a few bars and am an EMT. I know somethings about crowd control. Use me for the Mother's Day thing and count me in for the night shifts at the Continental.

PS. I'm new here (I just got referred here from TFN tonight). If I say something stupid, let me know and I won't cry.

5. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Welcome aboard! I'm Tim, your devoted RMFF leader and mundane X-Ray/CT guy. You gonna get dudded up for the festivities? If so, hustle over to the old costume poll and sign in!

6. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    well baring me getting a completly horable job with the stinkest of shifts I will cover what ever needs to be coverd.its going to be in the hands of us denver boys to do it.and as far as the mother day gig goes count me as two warm bodies I will make the wife come unless I have a job and have to work sundays.
    but shes shy so if I cant make it she wont go. but until then count me in . I'm not afraid to camp out on a damn sidewalk . basicly the night shift is just sleeping against a wall? right?

7. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    You know me, I'm up for anything. Count me in for Mother's Day + my 2 nephews & niece (I'll bring them along in costume since it's an afternoon thing) & just me for the 15th. My time is pretty limited right now, with school, work, travel plans (work & fun) & my current volunteer obligations, so any line time won't be feasable for me, but I could do a food run here and there during the day (my office is close to the theatre).

-Jennifer

BTW - Welcome Lewis_Black (love that comedian - "There's not enough deodorant for this conversation.")

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    OK, kids.....if you want, a special invitation straight from LucasFilms will be mailed to you....PM me with your snail-mail address, and I'll see to it you get one. Ms. Grant expresses her heartfelt thanks for us volunteering for the Kempe event(which is through Children's and LucasFilms again.) I'll be meeting with her mid-week next, and Jen, if you'd like to join us, let me know. Once again, any persons wishing to go above and beyond and supply something for the event(tables, banners, PA equipment{DH?}, anything else, let me know, and I'll take the list with me next week. After the meeting, we'll put out the media kits, and maybe we can do some more flyers for this event. By then I should have a pretty good idea of who needs to do what, ect., and where this is all to take place. This is going to be big, troops! Anybody else excited????

9. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    As long as it isn't until Wed., I'll be in Grand Forks, ND until Tues. night (isn't my life glamorous right now (Ft Dodge, IA; St. Louis; & Grand Forks: what's next, maybe Paducah, KY).

-Jennifer

10. Jedi_Pilot

Jedi_Pilot Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    I think I'm good for the 12th(I don't have any current plans for Mother's Day, but that may change though.) and I might be able to bring a table or two. I won't be to stand in line because my job keeps me pretty busy 5-6 days a week(I work part time, I get to choose which 12-hour part of the day I work. :D).

11. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Roger your last, JP and ZOO! Thanks. Listen, PM everyone you can about this, so no one is left out in the cold, alright?

12. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    Is this Ms. Grant our POC for the whole thing? If so, I'd like to be able to talk to her or at least get her contact info so I can put this nice little volunteer thing down on my EPR (my supervisor needs some kind of verification that I actually did something, so he'll want to talk to someone in charge of the whole thing).

Any word yet on what type of roles they need us to fill in?

13. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I'd rather do the contacting for her right now, since she seems to be completely overwhelmed at present, but yes, she is our POC for the Kempe event. I'll get her info to you ASAP, but if you need to ask her anything, please let me know, and I'll relate to her at next week's meeting. I just don't want her feeling any more pressure right now....we want to be her best friend, methinks!

14. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    yea the better for us.....
    <-----oh yea luminati is the shizznit

15. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I don't think I'll be able to help out at the event planned for the 12th. Mother's day plans and all, and I figured this will be the last one I'll be home for I ought to stay and celebrate it with Mummie. :D

16. SilverDragon

SilverDragon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 3, 2001
    Yeah, I wasn't planning on bugging her, I just need her info to give to my supervisor so if he wants to get in touch with her afterward to find out if and what I did for this event, he can do so.

You didn't asnwer the question about what positions we are going to need to fill, do you have any info on that yet?

17. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I don't know that yet, young 'un, until we have the meetin' on Thursday@0800 with Ms. Grant....pull outta the dive for now 'afore ya peel yur wings off, rookie! I'll tell ya when we have a clear target.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.