main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East "Move Along" Trooper actor Anthony Forrest @ ConCarolinas May 29-31st

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    The famous "Move Along, Move Along" Sandtrooper, Anthony Forrest (who also played Fixer, Luke's friend in the deleted scene at Tosche's Station) will be at ConCarolinas, May 29-31st.

ConCarolinas is a general multi-genre multi-media convention. We called ourselves a sci-fi convention but in truth we cover all speculative fiction - science fiction, fantasy and horror. It hosts a variety of fandom related events and guests, including gaming, discussion panels, costume events, music events like Klingon Karaoke, charity auction, SCA events, fan groups like the 501st Stormtroopers, Starfleet, and Klingon Assault Group, and something different every year.

The con will be at:

Hilton Charlotte University Place
    8629 JM Keynes Drive
    Charlotte, North Carolina, 28262

This is just off of I-85 and Harris Blvd. There are lots of restaurants and shops and a beautiful lake/pond/body of water right by the hotel.

For information on registration go here.

Hope some of you can make it! :D

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Here is an update on this:

At 10am on Saturday there will be a panel called "For the love of Star Wars". I'll be moderating it and on the panel will be Cheralyn Lambeth, Anthony Forrest, Rich Molinelli, Luis Diaz and one other gentleman.

At 11am there will be a panel session with Anthony Forrest.

At noon the Carolina Garrison will be having a Droid Hunt. You might want to participate. The "Grand Prize" is this. :D Donated by Sideshow.

There will be an auction that night and one item on the block has been donated by Sideshow Collectibles . . . a Darth Vader exclusive worth $300.

I forgot! The Mando Mercs will also be running a Jail and Bail. Here is a brief description of how it works:

1) Con patron places a bounty on someone.
    2) A Mando Mercs patrol goes out and finds that person and detains them back to the Mando Mercs and 501st area where they will be a PVC Jail.
    3) Detainee has to post bail.
    4) Detainee receives a certificate of Imperial Pardon.

All proceeds will go to Make-A-Wish and the Mando Mercs "Help a Verdika" children's Christmas fund.

3. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    I'm officially getting senile - I thought it said March and was already over. :oops: [face_blush]

That looks like a LOT of fun! :D I hope you have a great turnout and, as usual, I wish I lived closer. :(

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    OK, Anthony Forrest is one of the most fascinating folks I've met. If you ever, EVER get a chance to hear him speak take that chance because he tells very rich, poignant stories and is much more than Fixer and the Move Along Trooper.

Here is a video made of the Con:

video

Here is a picture of me, TK-2970 and Anthony:

[image=http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk330/dz5232dz6570/ConCarolinas%202009/2009_05310055.jpg]

And the rest of our pictures.

Being Con Staff I'm still recovering. [face_hypnotized]

I got to see RipRoar for about a minute. Wish I'd been able to sit down and chat but I guess that will have to wait for HeroesCon.

5. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Great video and pics!! I don't think our local Con does a vid like that but it's a great idea. Y'all look like you had a lot of fun! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.