main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Movie Critics Corner

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by star0258, Dec 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    Seen all three of your wish list movies - Bourne was great - REAL THINKING MAN's action flick, HP is always good (Books are better w/ SO MUCH MORE CONTENT) and spidy was ok.

Now - to the 10,000 BC movie - was ok - I give it a C+ to a B - predictable. Getting out to see a movie w/ my wife was awesome though even if it involved drama w/ a security guard that I didn't understand.

Next movie?

2. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Well, let's see - finally saw dungeon siege movie (Was ok), saw AVP - ok too, Iam Legend was great, want to see the new star wars clone wars movie when it comes out and Indy...

3. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    I went and seen 21 about the students from MIT that goto Vagas and play blackjack. Great Movie for everyone.

4. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    I am waiting on Iron Man to come out next month. That looks like that is going to be a awesome movie.

5. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Well, looks like I am going to be back on this one again. My latest movies I have seen have been Iron Man and National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. Both of them rocked! There was a lot of people who were wondering if Robert Downey Jr. could pull off playing Tony Stark, but anyone who knows comic books and the characters would know, he IS Tony Stark! That was a great movie. The special effects were awesome and had a great story behind it too. Had everything and to me, was one of the best comic book adaptations yet!
    Now, National Treasure 2 was another one that a lot of people were worried about since the first one was off the charts, and you know how sometimes the sequel will suck, but this was far from it. It met the goals in my opinion. The first one was better, but the second was well worth the wait. National Treasure 3? The have yet another high standard to meet if they are going to try to pull off the trifecta.

6. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Indiana Jones was great as long as you go into it suspending reality and go with it! Loved it...

National Treasure 2 was very cool too - a real thinking mans movie...

Chronicles of Narnia Prince C movie was good as well (A little scary for the younglings)...

Iron man ROCKED! Dead on - best comic adaptation to date (Spiderman has nothing on this one) Batman begins is only one close...

DVD - Mupet show season 3 - The kids and I are loving this one (Old memories never die)...

MISSED PREVIEW to Star Wars Clone Wars at Theater - we were running late w/ popcorn!

7. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Well, I finally got the Bourne Ultimatum, now I have to get the thing out of the case and watch it! [face_laugh] Only one problem with that. My Padame, aka "the wife" is not into those movies. She said the first one was a "one timer" and that quickly became one of my favorites! I finally bought the Cartoon Network "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" series. That was pretty cool. I finished the first disc and was about half way through the second one when I had to leave for a Memorial Day cookout. =P~

8. Magic_Vader_83

Magic_Vader_83 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 27, 2007
    Saw the new Indiana Jones Movie. I kinda liked it now that I think of it. Sure for an Indy fan it almost completely sucked ...it doesnt fit. But, Harrison Ford is still AWESOME as Indy. I felt every other character other than Marion was pretty week. Even tho Shia worked very well in the film. So overall I lied it alot but I don't think Aliens work in an Indy film but they made the most of it. It was a weird tweisted Cartoony plot but the action and adventure was still there and this time it was Russians. I thought that was cool. SO it is definitely worth going to see.

9. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Indiana was cool - YOU HAVE TO SUSPEND ALL REALITY otherwsie your not a fan of the movie series! Just saw What happens in Vegas w/ the wife - thought it would be boring but turned out funny! Narnia was pretty good too.

Looking forward to Jumper on DVD since I didn't get a chance to see it at theater

10. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    What is everyone's opinion on the new Hulk movie coming out this Friday? I had to really think on who Ed Norton Jr. was and yes, I have never seen "Fight Club". The only movie I remember him from was "The Italian Job". From what I have seen, it looks pretty good, even though they are coming back with an entirely new cast. Heck. I liked the first one.

11. Magic_Vader_83

Oct 27, 2007
    personally i think its a ripoff. They said they wanted to include more of David Banner running from....people. I was like isnt that all he did in the last one? They say its going to be more dramatic or something. All I wanna see is the Hulk SMASH some stuff!

12. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I currently get most of the HULK comics so I'm a fan but when it comes to cinema - I Don't like the totallay digital Hulk and the VERY OVERSIZED version (I actually miss the Lou F.(TV) version) - especially since he has come to Heroes Con in Charlotte like three different times in the last 5 years.

Probably going to wait until dvd for this one....

Would rather go see Iron Man again

13. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    Iron Man was great! I still need to go and see Indy.

14. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    FINALLY! With the wife on the road, I took the opportunity to watch the Bourne Ultimatum and it was great! I have a free movie pass and I am thinking of using it to go see The Dark Knight, then of course there's Hellboy: The Golden Army. I want to see both of them. Anyone seen the new Hulk movie yet?

15. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I love the BOURNE series too! No to the Hulk movie - just not into it after the last fiasco.

16. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    If any of you are planning to go see Batman on Saturday I've got a head's up for you. My friend Rob will be dressing up as Batman. Here is the info:

Cinemark Tinseltown USA
    305 Faith Rd.
    Innes Street Market
    Salisbury, NC 28146

He'll be there from 6pm to 10pm with a slew of Joker's Thugs and Fun Bucks to Comic Monstore to hand out.

Rob aka costumes Iron Man and was at HeroesCon.

Showtimes are:

6:15PM 7:20PM
    8:30PM 9:30PM 10:30PM

My goal is to try to make it up there to support him!

17. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    I want to see Batman too - thanks for the update on your friend in the suit!

18. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I drove by the Paladium theatre where Batman is showing and it is located in a small strip mall and I don't think that there was a parking space there! Jason, aka Tarheels76 was supposed to be going to see it tonight at the 2250 (10:50 pm) showing. I wish him luck.

19. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Sadly - the new Batman movie broke the 1-day EPIII record but good for Batman - finally - the Batman series has a some good movies to be proud of (Batman bgeins and this one)!

20. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    WOW - OH MY - AWESOME! Batman was SO COOL! We just got back from the 3pm show at Tinseltown. VERY COOL! Heath should win best actor (AND NOT BECAUSE HE DIED). He was so believable and creepy but stunningly perfect as the Joker. My only problem with the movie is he won't be back (Sure I have some other minor issues but all in all this is way better than the OLD Batman movies).

21. slaveone28146

Oct 15, 2007
    Going to see the new Batman movie at IMAX tonight will update later.

22. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    Went to go see the Dark Knight and well, lets just say =D= FANTASTIC!! This was a true action suspense movie. They are going to have to raise the bar very high now to get something that is going to top "The Joker". Heath was superb!!

23. Magic_Vader_83

Oct 27, 2007
    I agree! Dark Knight RULES~~!!! cant wait for it to come out on dvd!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.