main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary Movie Idea?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by LEXIAL, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    I know this is a little early, but I was thinking this group should arrange an outing to the new Star Wars movie coming out. It would be a great social meetup for the group. Any one interested in this Idea?

2. im_posessed

im_posessed Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2002
    I think thats an awesome idea...I won't be able to be there, i'll be in NB and on my honeymoon :D, but definatly a good thing to start planning early for, especially if constumes will be involved

3. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Honeymoon? Where are your priorities!!!???!?!?!?!

Just kidding.

166 days til EpIII!!! But we do need to plan a big get-together.

Darth Paul

4. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I'm there. Saber and Jedi Robes ready to go. I know yours are ready to Paul.

Ryan

5. im_posessed

Nov 13, 2002
    Honeymoon? Where are your priorities!!!???!?!?!?!

lol! thats what one of my friends said too. We will go and see the movie, opening night, but we won't be here, we'll be back in New Brunswick

6. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    Way to go Ryan. Glad you have an outfit, I don't have one yet. Any suggestions on where to get one? I guess I could get one online. It would be great fun to get a whole group together for the movie outing.

7. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Actually me and my son went as Jedi 3 years ago for halloween and I have been one every year with him since. I know paul and his son did the same 2 years ago. I have tons of links for jedi robes and how to make them and different styles.
    Let me know and i can send you a list. As for a light saber. Those are the easy part. A little time consuming but lots of fun to build. All I need is time and a dremel. I have one of the 2. I've been working on a double blade for the last year and still haven't finished.

Ryan

8. im_posessed

Nov 13, 2002
    I think i'm going to make a costume for the movie, but it will depend on time. I'd love to have the list of sites where you can find robes and such, friends of mine would definatly be interested in that

9. darth-paul-

darth-paul- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2004
    Hello

Robes are easy. I (my wife) used a patern from a fabric store. I just spent a little extra on the fabric to make it look better.

Ryan helped me with my lightsabre. Lots of fun doing that. We just have to get together and make a movie of us fighting.

So we have to all dress up and be a bunch of dorks (as my wife calls us) together at the movie.

Darth Paul.

10. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    It would be interesting to learn how to make a light saber. How much time did it take to make one?

11. LEXIAL

Nov 29, 2004
    I would love to have a list of sites to check out outfits. A robe would be nice, but I would like a leia costume as well. As she is one of my favorites. Are they also on those sites? How do you make a light saber? I can't decide if I want a gun (blaster for Leia) or a saber?

Nikki

12. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Lightsabers are fairly easy to make if you have a few tools and some creativity.
    Big Yello Box Sabers are very popular and the site has the best instructions. Even if you dont build directly from the plans, it gives some great ideas on what you will need to do.

With a Dremel type rotary tool, some 2 part epoxy and a day at the hardware store, you should be able to make a custom sabre.

Making replica sabers are a little more tricky, but can be done.

13. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    www.padawansguide.com is a great site for costuming info and the costuming boards here at the fanforce is also a great source of information :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.