main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Movie Reviews

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Forja-Bingbey, Jun 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, I just got from seeing The Ring. I have to admit, it was a lot better than I had expected. It really left me disturbed. I don't usually get that way when watching movies like that. I'd definitely recommend it.

2. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    I saw 8 Mile last night at the midnight showing at AMC. I was particularly interested in seeing this movie, not because of Eminem, or all the hype surrounding the film, but because I like the director, Curtis Hanson. He directed L.A. Confidential and Wonder Boys, and I love those movies, so that?s what sparked my curiosity initially. I was really drawn into the film bleak portrayal of his former life growing up in the slums of Detroit. For a virtual newcomer to major motion pictures, Eminem did a fantastic job. The supporting cast was well picked and filled out by several unknowns from the Motor City area. The highlight of the film were the underground battles that ensue every weekend night at the local club called The Shelter, where Hip Hop hopefuls duke it out with verbal assaults aimed at their opponent. For the most part Rap/Hip Hop movie have always fallen flat in their short history, but I think 8 Mile will certainly break that unlucky streak.

3. MortWindu

MortWindu Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    I rented Sum of All Fears and Behind Enemy Lines the other day, and I really like Behind Enemy Lines alot, Owen Wilson did a pretty good job for a lead role in an action movie and I loved some of the shots in the movie. Sum of All Fears was a decent movie, I liked it but it was a really slow paced movie.

4. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    One more day for The Lord Of The Rings: Fellowship Of The Ring - Platinum Special Extened Edition... and AOTC's

5. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    The Lord Of The Rings DVD is awesome. Legolas hits 7 Uhari-ki warriors in a row instead of the film's original 3!

More scenes of Aragon and Boromir fighting and getting at each others throats.

Merry and Pipin eating Elvish food...

Gimli the pimp!

So much more... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

6. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    I have yet to even see Lord of the Rings, must be a good movie.

7. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    Just baught Collateral Damage and Escape From New York on dvd for $10 a piece from blockbuster. Collateral Damage was a pretty good buy w/the good features it had on it, del. scenes, documentaries, making of the movie, and stuff like that. Escape was a good movie, only special feature was the trailer but thats pretty good for a movie thats 21 years old. Awsome stuff!!!

8. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Yup, Snake Plisken is pretty cool. I'm not so sure about Schwarzenegger.

On another note, I previewed Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets Thursday night and I enjoyed it quite well I must say. Having read only the first book, and being that I was bored watching the first film, I made the choice to not read the second book before the new film's release as a test to the filmmaker?s achievement in getting the story across on screen. I found most of the dialogue to be a bit repetitive and not very funny. Alan Rickman, and Kenneth Branugh?s performances were nothing less than pitch perfect. It was bittersweet watch one of Richard Harris?s last performances on screen. Maggie Smith, Robbie Coltaine, Jason Isaac, and the rest of the cast are as always cast marvelously. I was struck down with giddy pleasure upon hearing the use of the ?mandrake? plant. It?s overt sexual reference to curing children who had been prettified, or turned hard by the antagonist of the film was fulfilled by finding out what was actually making them that way. I can?t stress enough to watch Stanley Kubrick?s ?Dr. Strangelove? as a point of reference to my insight. I leave you with this last bit of wisdom.

?It was a hell of a lot better than watching ?Master Of Disguise?.

9. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    Shcwarzenegger not cool enough? HAHA what a joke! Even at 55 the guy is a bad ass while his old rivals Stallone, Russel, and haha yeah even Mr. Segal have fallen flat on their faces. Arnold is the movies!!!

10. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    What did everyone think of The Lord Of The Rings: The Two Towers?

11. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    I thought TTT was very good. Some people I was with didn't like how they deviated from the book, but I didn't mind much. The cinematography is BEAUTIFUL (especially in the scene with Arwen & Elrond talking) and I really liked how they portrayed Theoden, Eowyn, Wormtongue, and especially Gollum. I was slightly upset with the editing, which made it seem to me that PJ was forced to cut things out to fit the 3 hour slot. Also, Faramir's character was harsher and different from in the book, but I heard from someone that Philippa Boyens had said that they wanted to show a progression in Faramir's character from TTT to ROTK, and wanted to show more of the temptation of the Ring, instead of having him a static character. Now I'm eagerly awaiting ROTK!

Anyone else?

12. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    I still have yet to see either the first one or the Two Towers, I want to see the first one before I go and see Two Towers. Hopefully I can get on it sometime this week before I have to go back to work. Oh, and by the way the new T3: ROTM trailer is pretty bad ass, can't wait for Arnie to blow sh!t up again.

13. MortWindu

May 19, 2002
    I finally watched LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring the other day, and it by far blew my expectations away. The sceneary in the movie was fabulous, great directing (Peter J. is the man), casting was SUPER. Now I just cant wait till I see the Two Towers, and then Return of the King in December.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.