main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OKC, OK Movie Talk

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Nightsun, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nightsun

Nightsun Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 23, 2001
    This topic is for talk about the movies no spoilers please, My favorite SW line to date is the Classic Vader "Luke, I am your father"
    My favorite movie is The Empire strikes back because I like the dark side, I am looking forward to E3 more thatn 2 because I want to see the transition from Anakin to Vader. I do however like any insight the movies give about the force, and that is what intrigues(sp) me the most about star wars "the Force"

What are you people's favorite things about the movies???

Nightsun

2. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I love them all, but right now my favourite is ANH. Even though Luke is pretty whiny and annoying in it.
    I wish I could reach into my TV and just give him a big ol' bitch slap and tell him to take it like a Jedi.

EDIT: I can't spell....

3. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    My favorite is Empire. I really love Yoda in it.

4. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    Awesome post XR I feel the same way, Luke doesn't get any real kahonaas til the next film

5. Alderaan21

Alderaan21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 1998
    Overall I'd call Empire my favorite, but most of my favorite scenes are in Return of the Jedi: any of the Luke and Vader scenes, any scene where Vader shows signs of Anakin slipping back through. That's what it's all about for me. :)

6. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    I love the first time that you see Vader in ANH. He walks through the smoke, stopping for a moment to look at the dead rebels lying on the floor, and just keeps going.
    Awesome, it gets me every time.

In the past couple of days though, I've watched TPM a couple of times. I guess since its still over a month until AOTC comes out, I'm watching it to kinda tide me over.
    But I think when the action figures and other stuff come out on the 23rd, thats going to help me a lot more. :)

7. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    I'm waiting for the movies to get played on fox- to refresh my memory completely and will probably have an all star wars day a couple of days before the movie comes out(meaning I will sit down and watch them all back to back) I'm really looking forward to the yoda scenes torward the end of the new movie. If you want you can read the script at episode-x.com, but prepare to be spoiled silly.

8. Jedi_Arwen

Jedi_Arwen Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 28, 2001
    My favorite is probably Empire. But there's something about them all that's just... well, they're all just Star Wars! What more can I say?

9. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    Anyone here wish they could smack Jar- Jar right off the screen????

10. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    Haha, sometimes, but I don't think he was the worst part of that entire movie or anything, but some of the stuff he did in it was just TOO stupid.

11. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    No, but I often wish to smack those who do (and I sometimes do so). ;)

General Binks is a fine, honorable character. If not for his courage and bravery, the lives of Queen Amidala, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and many others, would likely be lost. He may be clumsy, but that doesn't make him stupid. He's just as sentient a being as any human. Some may find him annoying, but then again, how many of us don't know at least one annoying person? I have to put up with annoying people every day, and smacking them is just not acceptable behavior. One must simply learn to tolerate them. The same goes for Jar Jar; don't concentrate so hard on hating him, just relax and try to enjoy him. It makes life ever so much simpler.

12. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    I don't put all of my attention on him during the movies, but I wish I had some force lightening to give him a nice zap every time he opens his mouth!!! I hear he talks normal in ep2 but not sure, No offense Pez, but Jar-Jar is a twit

13. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    That's your opinion.

14. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Jar Jar wouldn't have been so bad if they'd just have toned him down a little and left the comedy relief to the TRUE masters : R2-D2 and C-3PO.

15. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    I mean, actually Jar Jar is not quite as bad as people make him out to be. I think its just because SW fans are very critical of everything that Jar Jar has received such a bad reputation.
    I think that the scene when Qui Gon, Obi Wan, and Jar Jar are in the bongo and Jar Jar starts freaking out when the power comes back on and they see the big fish in front of them is one of my favourite parts of TPM.
    Jar Jar actually makes me laugh in that scene.

From what I have read, I think in AOTC he will be a lot better than he was in TPM, so maybe there won't be as many people bashing him as before. Unless they are the kind of people that just bash for the sake of bashing.

But I agree with darthtenbiscuits, the masters of comedy in SW have to be the droids. :)

16. Darth_Garrett

Darth_Garrett Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    I dont hate Jar Jar, but I think that his behavior, especially during the ground battle on Naboo just didnt fit into the whole Star Wars theme. The Ewoks were a good example of how to have a little fun during a battle, but Jar Jar's comedy of errors and clumsiness that resulted in the destruction of battle driods and assault mechs was just a little too much for me.

I think TPM was a great movie. The only gripe I have about it was that they advertised the whole movie around Darth maul and he was in it for MAYBE 20 minutes. He was, as you know, built up to make Vader look like a little girl. Or so Time magazine said about him....

Oh crud, I think I went into a rant and I am in the wrong area!

G

17. Nightsun

Jun 23, 2001
    Rant on Darth Garret. I agree with your thoughts about Jar Jar, If he had the force he would probably kill his friends with his uncontrolled clumsiness. i too have heard that in Ep2 he will be toned down and actually talk some straight basic.

Nightsun

18. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    As much as I love Jar Jar, I'll admit that the masters of comedy are the droids. DTB, most people really do bash him just for the sake of bashing. :( They're just the result of anti-Jar Jar propaganda and brainwashing.

19. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    And NS, note that I said most. ;)

20. XR73627794

Jan 12, 2002
    Seriously though, I like Jar Jar a lot more now than I did when I first saw the movie. I've sort of gotten used to him and his crazy antics now. I can't wait to see him act serious in AOTC, I just hope Best can pull off Jar Jar being serious without it seeming bad or anything.

And Pez, I thought you we not going to post on here any more until the 16th, just like your signature says. ?[face_plain]

21. Ozzel

May 14, 2001
    Well, I'm not posting anywhere except here at our FanForce board. I gotta keep up with tickets and toys and all that good local stuff, don't ya know. ;) (I would have said so in my sig, but I didn't have enough space.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.