main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My turn to start a new topic :P Comic books anyone?

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Tarr, Oct 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    So does anyone else waste their money on comic books? My short list of books that I get include (in no particular order) New/Unc/Ult X-men, Hulk, Boneyard, Daredevil, Cap. America, Transformers, Thundercats, Robin, Nightwing, Ultimates, Cap. Marvel, any Boba Fett book that is released and umm might be a couple books I've forgotten to mention but that's all I can remember at the moment heh.
    Anyone else?

2. Ryno

Ryno Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    I currently read Agent-X, ThunderCats ,Robin,
    Nightwing, most Star Wars comics, Young Justice, G.I. Joe, and I buy ToyFair every month for Twisted Toyfair Theater.

3. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    new xmen
    uncanny xmen
    thundercats
    star wars infinities
    anything with quinlan vos
    the chamber miniseries
    almost anything with nightcrawler
    star wars empire is also shaping out to be quite good
    hm that's about it

4. Tarr

Tarr Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    Hrm I'll put this here cuz it's comic related I guess heh. Online comics. Anyone check any of those regularly?
    I frequent Pvponline.com, penny-arcade.com, reslifecomics.com, reallifecomics.com, sinfest.net, commanderkitty.com (no it's not a friggin 'furry' site :p), and I always gotta check in w/Strong Bad every now and then www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail.html now that's some funny stuff HA HA!

Too lazy to make links cut and paste :p

5. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    Anything Star Wars (even if it's not good LOL)
    Route 666 from CrossGen comics (wish i could afford to get their whole line!)
    Battle of the Planets (Image, i think)

6. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    As you can see from my screen name, I am an old SW Marvel fan from way back. I am saving my comic cash for the Marvel reprints. I only have the first one so far. They do stock them at our local Borders (PPMall)!

7. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    I collect Amazing Spidey, Peter Parker Spidey, The Punisher, and Elektra. I collect alota different things off and on as well. I just usally don't have the money for alota stuff.

Btw- I just found out that the latter part of one of my fav. songs by Megadeth(Holy Wars....The Punishment Due) is about the Punisher. I was happy when I found this out because its korny otherwise.

8. Domina_Tagge

Domina_Tagge Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2001
    I just found my box of original SW Marvel comics :) :) So happy! (My landlord took all my closet doors off to replace them, so I was inspired to clean after looking at my mess for a week plus)

The originals are much more fun than the reprints - with the original ads (hey, even the ads are fun, nostalgia-wise) and the letters to the editor. The StarWords column was my only source of spoiler gossip when I was a little kid *G* I spent a very happy afternoon on Monday reading them!

9. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    i still have some of those too :) but they were my brothers. i ah "rescued" them.

i'm bring my crimson #1 to the convention this weekend to get it signed by mr. ramos :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.