main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

My YouTube films

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Lord-Tice, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    We had a thread a while back showcasing some youtube videos we uploaded, showing a snipet of our fanfilm The Darkened Force. Sadly the thread is now locked but I thought we might as well start a new one anywho.

While I will try and get the whole of TDF uploaded, however, a few new doors have just opened up for me. A few years ago, I was exporting to my camcorder using a DV enabler (which I wouldn't recommend btw) and a technical hitch caused it to have a battery failure, rendering it useless. However, I've managed to get it working again, and it means I can export all my films back onto Mac and export them into QT movies, ready to be uploaded onto youtube for your viewing pleasure :D

This will of cause take a bit of time, but watch this space....if you dare ;)

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If you post a link to the thread Malkie or I can unlock it and up it for you. It probably autolocked due to going 6 months without a post.

3. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Cheers LAJ, but the original thread's title was quite specific, referring to just one of our films, so this more general title and thread is better in the long run actually :D

4. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    I DARE!!!

5. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    Glad to see you finally got the camera working Matt! What did you do to finally get it going?

6. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    bashed it on the table?

7. JediKnight_Veronna

JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    threatend it with the force ?

8. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    There are various ways to try and get the camera out of it's DV enabled state, none worked before but it just decided to work on this occasion. I didn't go as far as smashing it on the table, but I did open it up hoping to find a reset button, but to no avail. Thankfully now there's less need for me to use the DV enabler as I have a bigger HD and can burn onto DVD, yay!

Anyway, back to business, I hope to have a short film I made nearly five years ago up and running on youtube. Just working on the final sound mix and then it'll be ready for exporting. I do indeed dare you Jamie, I do indeed :p

9. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    cool, i wait in baited anticipation of the film

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm trying to find the best compression methods first, which is a bit of a nightmare but hopefully I'll get it looking as good as possible on youtube. The film is finished though, so that's something ;)

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    My YouTube films might need to change to my video.google films as I seem to be getting better quality using that service rather then youtube, plus the film is just over 12 mins long so would have to be broken into two parts on youtube, but video.google doesn't have that problem.

So here is a sneak peak. When you view the clip, make sure it's set to 'Original size' on the bottom right corner (an arrow head pointing down). Quality isn't great as google have compressed it into a .flv file but I'm hoping to make it a bit better for the final version. I may also try other hosting options so I can show the mpeg4 conversion which looks great and so far is only 55MB big, which ain't half bad.

Here it is: Triony 59sec Preview

12. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i think the acid i took earlier has just kicked in.
    what the heck was that all about???
    cool costumes... and you can't beat a guy in a big,tall hat!

13. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    cool and very interesting .... cant wait to see the rest

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, wait till you see the rest of it Jamie, it gets even crazier 8-}
    Once I get the whole thing up online then I'll give a bit more info onit.

Thanks Chris, t'is a real shame the quality isn't there but I will be making a DVD of it, so if ever the opportunity shall arise I'll have it with me at all times ;)

Meanwhile here's my Lego film on youtube incase I didn't post it before:
    The Final Showdown

15. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    comedy,action,drama,pathos,lightsabres...
    this short film has everything!
    well done,matt.

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I can now offer you a link to the full length shortfilm, hosted on video.google.
    Quality ain't bad for a .flv file, but annoyingly the Club Monkey scenes aren't great. For this version they have been lightened up, and the lack of picture quality is very evident. However, below are some stills to help you envisage the scene in its true DV format.

Triony 2007

Here are the notes that accompany the video on google:
    What's this all about then?? Well, it's a toughy to explain really, but the best way to describe Triony would be a mini-fantasy epic meets a Tarintino caper meets a Terry Gilliam enduced encore....perhaps. This is a short film I made back in the summer of 2002, which has been tweaked for 2007. Just watch it with an open mind and remember that it was made with a big fat budget of zero pounds (sterling) on a Digital8 camera and as a bit of fun and experimentation. Hopefully there'll be something for all to enjoy.

So there you have it, any questions and comments are welcome ;)
    And here are the stills:

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/misc/club_monkey001.jpg]
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/misc/club_monkey002.jpg]
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/misc/club_monkey003.jpg]

17. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    omg!!!
    just imagine what you could do with a decent script,a bigger budget and some proper actors???
    during the throat cutting scene,you should have made use of the hedge row behind your man,positioning him in the bushes and utilising a fake body to orchestrate a decapitation scene... with a little bit of editing,it would have made a good effect...
    other than that,i feel i've just wasted twelve minutes of my life,damn you!!!
    ;)
    I'M KIDDING,OF COURSE!!!
    what you lacked in resources,ie everything,you made up in enthusiasm... absolutely well done,to you and your ahem,team.
    the standout performance was,without a doubt,the red flag on the green,it perfectly captured the essence of the moment...
    i see a great future for you matt...on the tills of asda,perhaps?
    :)

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    lol, I will ear-mark the flag to make a cameo appearance in the next film ;)
    Lack of resources is a very frustrating factor, even for small amateur projects you still need something substantial to throw at it. Enthusiasm does help but only goes so far, but giving it a crack is satisfying.
    Still Jamie, we wait with baited breath for your efforts so you can show us the way :p

19. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    WOW! [face_hypnotized]

Great peice of highly original work. I have to admit i loved it. Its so thought prevoking its unbeleivable.

YOU BETTER BE DOING MORE LIKE THAT! or i may have to show my darker side [face_skull]

20. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    you don't want to see any of my old home movies...
    there's this one i made with my ex g/f... she was a right dirty old sort from oz... cor,i tell you... some of the filth we captured on camera back in the old days...
    lol.
    sorry,not those kind of films???
    ;)

21. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    I've seen your work Jamie. Well done, very Hitchcockian of you. [face_whistling]

22. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    i thank you.
    :)

23. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
  24. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    You're so predictable Jamie :p
    But if I filmed your meeting with Adam Hughes then that was almost x-rated too ;)

Thanks for the kind comments Chris :D
    For something I did 5 years ago I'm still pleased with it. I also transferred it onto DVD lastnight and I'm very impressed by the quality of the picture. I had no idea my camera was that good and so it's really got me thinking about my next project. I'm not sure what it will be about yet but it's in the very early stages of production ;)

I've also been considering re-working another of my Star Wars fanfilms, which I made in 2001. It's the one set on Earth but I think it needs a great deal of work and I'd rather re-shoot a lot of it, but that just wouldn't be an option. So I may put that one to bed and just concentrate on something new.

I also had another Star Wars Lego animation up my sleve, this time featuring Boba Fett. But that one is also on hold and never got out of the early stages. Plus I think Jamie would rather I concentrate on some bloody artwork.....me too actually :p

25. jamierichards

Nov 12, 2002
    get on with it!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.