main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[NaNo] -National Novel Writing Month- Over for another year. :(

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Oct 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 26,482 today. Over halfway there!

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I am so doomed! I just can't seem to write much at all! :_|

3. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    I'm at 12,221 words. I'm nervous I might not get it all done, too, especially since I start my new (and first!) job on Monday. Hopefully I can get it all in...

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Congrats on the job!

When I did NaNo while working I was in IT. It was easy enough to have a Word document open getting some writing done. Then I'd just email it to my personal email and add it to the novel document later on. It's a great way of writing scenes..

5. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Thank you! I'm going to try and carry around a small notebook and pens in my apron incase things get slow enough for me to write (I'll be working at a bookstore), or even jot down a few notes while I'm eating lunch or on break. Fortunately, my mind writes even when I don't have paper or a computer. Unfortunately, this usually results in talking to myself. Either way, I should get some writing in.

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    25,878 words of disjointed scenes...but I am halfway there.

7. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    300... which may not seem like much, but totally is. :)

8. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Congrats! :D Just take a pad or something and write during breaks. Also, writing in your head is good too, but you might forget stuff. I'm sure you'll be fine though. :)

Nope, I agree. Sometimes it's an achievement to write a handful of words.

Edit: I forgot to say that I'm going to a write-in today! I missed it last week as I was at a wedding, but I always love spending the day in Starbucks with my laptop and some friends (if they turn up)! [face_dancing]

9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Now at 22.500 words with writing Siri and Obi-Wan bickering and fighting in a factory. All are just scenes but the main plot is coming around nicely

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Woopwoop! I just hit 10k! [face_dancing]

11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Have fun. There was a local write-in at a nearby town to me. I was thinking about going, but I didn't want to tell anybody I was writing SW fanfiction. I am on their NaNo Facebook page and they are all writing serious novels. I sort of felt embarrassed because I probably would be the oldest person there. I should be writing the great American novel detailing my decades of adventures, but no, I'm writing SW bootknocking. It is like 50 Shades of SW Gray.o_O

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 28,254 today. I hope to break 30K tomorrow.

Jedi_Lover likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Been busy with drawing the main character Ivano Arvedai and here he is (now at 24645 words)
    [​IMG]

14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    How do you have time to draw AND write nearly 25K words? That is impressive. Nice drawing.

I just broke 30K words today.[face_dancing]

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I probably broke 30K today as I did 10 handwritten pages. But since I haven't typed it in I'll do that tomorrow and update the word count then.

16. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Stopping at 11587 today. Only 600 words or so since yesterday but I'm tired and can't stop sneezing so I'm off to bed.

17. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    5789 for me. Lost a lot of time this weekend, but I don't have much on for the next of the month so I still have hope.

18. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Aarrgghh!! I can't sleep and I'm awake enough to write and I actually know what I want to write too, but we have a power cut!

edit: it's not a power cut, there's a burst pipe and it tripped the power to my room! :eek:

19. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    I'm at 21,114 words now. I forgot to fill in my count one day, but so far this year I've managed to stay ahead of my target every day... well pleased with myself. I still haven't figured out the plot entirely, but I'm just kind of going with the flow and hoping it'll all sort out.

Jade_Max and Jedi_Lover like this.
  20. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I have a migrane headache. I only wrote 81 words today. I just want to go to sleep.

21. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I typed in my words from yesterday and I did break 30K - currently at 30,581. But I think I'm coming down with a cold - felt lousy last night and ran some errands this morning, then crashed on the bed after lunch. However, if I still feel that way tomorrow I'm going to give it to my MC - it's probably worth at least a few handwritten pages.

22. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    1,022 (...which works out to four pages.)

23. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    At 13,905+ words. Probably could have written more, but had writers block. So I watched Dr. Who with my sister.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Passed the 30 K with 30.255 words now on the count

25. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Made it to 32,495 today. Giving my MC the cold helped.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.