main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY NE Regional FanForce Holiday party - cancelled

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Doc_Bev, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I know many of you don't head up to the regional boards, but as I mentioned at Nov's meeting I volunteered our chapter to once again host the NE Regional holiday party like we did back in 2005.

Sometime this month there will be a vote in the regional forums to determine which of the chapters who have volunteered will be hosting the party so keep your eye on those boards and I'll try to post updates here too.

The past few have taken place in January, but this year's might be pushed out to February.

~Doc_Bev

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I just went over there yesterday. I was curious to see what?s up, after our discussion during dinner Sunday. That all you can eat Italian place they were talking about in Buffalo at the show sounded great, but I do not mind us hosting it again at all. We may as well just start calling it the Annual NE Regional Party. We got to do some mixing everyone up more. We should have at least one game with mixed teams. I want to play the Pictionary again with Star Wars.

3. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Plans are underway for this and when details have been ironed out an announcement will be made. we still have plenty of time to make the announcement however for planning and calendars sake i can let everyone know Jan 12th is the goal date for this. :)

4. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Wow! That early.
    That's way less time than I would prefer to have to plan something.

~Doc_Bev

5. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    planning didnt start today..... this has been in discussion for a bit now and when details are ironed out they will be announced. Planning in Oct is kind of impossible for alot of us.

That still leaves 5 weeks which is ample time for things. :)

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I had assumed we'd be letting the attendees decide what day was best for them so that we could get the most participants.

When I look at Jan 12th, I don't see 5 weeks left to plan, I see maybe 3.5 as I don't expect as many people to be following this thread over the Christmas and New Year's holidays.

And, based on my assumption that we were voting for a date and/or hosting chapter, that's a 2-week poll there. Which would give the winning chapter less than 2 weeks to secure a location and make any other arrangements necessary for the event.

We obviously just plan events differently and I guess I'll just have to learn to deal with it. ;)

~Doc_Bev

7. DarSolo

DarSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    I agree - I figured there would be a poll for the city first and then a date and perhaps a third poll for the location, so I'm surprised by a mid January date announced in December without a city picked yet.

Well, looking at my calendar, I see that there is Star Wars miniature gaming pencilled in for January 12th. starting at 1 p.m.. So, many of us may not be able to attend it on that date anyways. I thought these parties have been on Sundays for at least the last 3 years.

8. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Bumping this too since it was mentioned at the meeting.
    Keep Jan 12th pencilled in and stay tuned to the Regional section of these forums for more details.

So far, I am free that day, but as always weather will probably play a factor in travel depending on how far away we need to go.

~Doc_Bev

9. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Apparently this is going to be including Satellite Webcam parties?

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I was waiting to confirm with boston before i posted however they already have a thread on it ;)

Yes, this was decided it was the only real wayt o get the entire region to have a party together on the same day. Pittsburgh and Boston are both going to be host cities for this event for chapters in their area to come and join the fun. Each host city can have whatever theme party they like, the perk will be that we can all participate with each other via webcam.
    there will be some group participation via webcam as well so its not just watching others party online ;)

As far as the upstate host city.... My goal is to have it here in syracuse so we can be central for binghamton and albany and rochester etc.
    I am waiting to secure a price for a hotel since some who are traveling far may want the option of a nice hotel at a great rate. Dinner is planned as well. those details will be posted shortly. confirmations are just now coming in since this is a project thats been in the works for about 3 months.

thanks for everyones patience. :)
    Hope to see everyone there!

I will be starting a formal sign up thread soon once dinner details are listed.

11. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks for the update - interesting concept.

Although, I'm not sure that Syracuse would be central in regards to FanForce population in Upstate NY.
    It's closer than Pittsburgh or Boston though I suppose.

~Doc_Bev

12. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Yeah, interesting concept I guess. But that doesn't change the fact that some of us have SW minis on January 12th. at 1 p.m. at Millenium Games and won't be able to go no matter where it was.

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    there are some others in the region who have the same conflict, having other commitments. If we change the date for one it may not work for others and it will be a never ending process. To try to find a date that everyone in the region are home for is near impossible :(

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Although a time hasn't been announced yet, I'm assuming it'll be around 5pm-6pm since dinner is mentioned.
    Maybe those going to the 1pm game that day could head out after the tournament. Or is there another game at 5pm?
    Or perhaps we can set-up a webcam in Rochester for those that aren't able to make the trip to wherever in Syracuse the dinner will be.

~Doc_Bev

15. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I was just informed from boston they cannot generate enough interest for a holiday party. Pittsburgh is running into the same issue.
    We may not have one at all at this point. Keep the date penciled in just in case. nothing is final yet. We just dont have enough interest from individual chapters to even meet for dinner. Either time, money or weather is always a factor.

I would suggest going with nickys offer to set up a satellite in rochester for those who cannot attend.

we may just end up having a satellite party from individual chapters who actually want to attend however most chapters have already had their xmas parties and no sense in doing them again individually.

will let you know the final verdict here shortly.

16. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm out for that day.
    Have plans made.

17. DarSolo

Aug 26, 2004
    Any updates since it is supposed to be this coming Saturday? I still have SW minis at 1 p.m. and probably Kingdom Hearts and Dreamblade afterwards, but I was curious. I noticed that Boston cancelled since very few people could make it. Pittsburgh has 8 people signed up for their potluck party. Such a shame. :(

18. RogueSquadronWingnut

Apr 7, 2002
    I'm just going to SW minis and probably heading home.
    There hasn't been much information for this and theres been plenty of time to plan for it.
    Its a shame but oh well...

19. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    I can look into being a satellite party if I had the details about how exactly all the webcam-ing was going to work, but since we already had our holiday party? I would rather spend the time working on other projects.

~Doc_Bev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.