main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Need Help finding a new series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by blubeast1237, Sep 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robbiedbee

robbiedbee Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2006
    I never tire of recommending the Robert Charles Wilson's Spin cycle of books to anyone with at least a little interest in the sci-fi genre. It is a trilogy, starting with Spin, followed by Axis, and concluding with Vortex, which will be released this summer.

I think Wilson is the best sci-fi author out there who can combine the human drama elements with the sci-fi elements without it being overtly hokey or feel shoehorned in.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Old Man's War and Ghost Brigade are good.

The Rats, The Bats, & The Vats (there are 2 books, but I dont' remember off the top of my head what the other one was.

Alan Dean Foster--just about anything, but there was a good quartet which included "Spoils of War".

Myth Adventures series and Phule's Company/Phule's Paradise by Robert Asprin.

Dresden Files by Jim Butcher.

Surprised no one mentioned Honor Harrington series. Starts with On Basilisk Station.

Lost Regiment series was good.

If you want something quasi-historical and more than a bit ribald, try the Flashman series by George MacDonald Fraiser.

And for fantasy, believe it or not, some of the Dungeons&Dragons books were pretty good. Anything by Elain Cunningham, and the Icewind Dale Trilogy and Dark Elf/Underdark trilogy by R.A.Salvatore.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've liked all of John Scalzi's books that I've read. His Fuzzy Nation is just coming out in HC but I don't have it yet.

4. Mulak

Mulak Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2011
    Hello...
    what about Prison Break and Heroes?
    When I watched it I played fluffy simultaneously.

5. Mulak

Mulak Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2011

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.