main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Needs Help!!! Which version of the E-11 was used by Stormtroopers on the Death Star?

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by TheDuelist, Oct 15, 2011.

1. TheDuelist

TheDuelist Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2006
    I have conflicting reports that it was the E-11 Rifle and others that say E-11 Carbine!

The Carbine was invented later by Star Wars Galaxies, so how do I have proof though that Stormtroopers used the Rifle version, instead?

This is for an upcoming game and special report, I really need expert advice and insight with this question!

Thanks always, guys! [face_peace]

[face_praying]

P.S. Did Stormtroopers use the E-11b on Endor or Carbines there as well? :confused:

Thanks![:D]

2. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
  3. TheDuelist

TheDuelist Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2006
    Yes.

There doesn't seem to be a visual difference between the guns used in A New Hope and the "Carbines".:(

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The SW tie-in novels used to refer to them as E-11 blaster rifles, but I started to refer to them as carbines, following realisation that real-life rifles being really long weapons.
    I don't think I have seen anyone apart from myself, and now, yourself, refer to carbines relating to SW weapons.

So as far as I am concerned, the long weapons carried by sandtroopers qualify as rifles, while the ones on the Death Star were generally carbines, I think both might have appeared.

See if the Curtis Saxton TFN guides cover weapons.

5. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    See my reply in Hoopers; the Wookieepedia articles do give the answer. The carbine article only lists Galaxies as an appearance, so we can rule out the carbine as appearing in any of the films. The E-11b article points out that it was "[m]odified by skilled Blastech and SoroSuub armorers who defected to the Rebel Alliance" (emphasis mine), so the E-11b was a Rebel weapon, not an Imperial weapon, and therefore would not have been used by stormtroopers. By process of elimination, that means the E-11 rifle was used by stormtroopers on both the Death Star and Endor, a fact backed up by its article, which states, "It was the standard blaster rifle of the Imperial stormtroopers."

All that make sense?