main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Neverwinter Nights

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Acthar_Sm-Ith, Dec 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arphaxad_Magus

Arphaxad_Magus Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 6, 2003
    Alright, we're going to try again tonight. If you're not planning to play, please let me know; no sense in having the event if no one is going to do it.

2. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    Ok guys, I really need to know if you want to do this. If not I really need to get another group to play; the events take too much time to design to have nobody show up. If the time is bad, we can reschedule the events, but I don't want to keep doing this much work for nothing.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Just curious, how many people told you there were interested in playing?

On this thread, I count 2: Gerson and Inaen. Gerson is about to be a daddy, so he is pretty much out, from what I hear, anyway.

Were there others?

4. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    Just those two, but I really need to hear from them! :) The events are built around a 4 person party, so they're pretty much impossible for Jeremy and Erica to do alone.

Honestly, I don't mind if Gerson can't play for awhile because of his baby situation, nor od I mind if Inaen can't get the game to work, but I need to know what's going on so I can try to recruit outside players and/or reschedule the events (the date and time were chosen by Acthar and Gerson). It's a fun game, but only if we have a big enough group to handle the monsters. :)

5. Acthar_Sm-Ith

Acthar_Sm-Ith Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    yar, it be true. me character, Rusty Shackleford, be a terrible dwarven fighter-pirate. We be needing many more hearty souls to venture forth to save the world!

6. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Neverwinter Nights is one of the best games I've ever played. Maybe even THE best (until April 15th). I am trying to play as much as I can, but things are a tad hectic. I actually fell asleep before 10 last night and missed the game. I think its best that you don't count on me for a while as the kid can come any second. I do appreciate the work you put in and have enjoyed every game I've been able to play. Hopefully Inaen can get his act together.

7. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Ah, the woes of the GM... I understand only all too well.

Inaen get his act together? good luck. ;) j/k Inaen...

Gerson, I really think you ought to lend me your disks, so while you have "Impending Daddy Down Time", I can check out this game.

8. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    Yeah, I agree. Let Talon use your copy, and then he'll be hooked too :)

Its no big deal, just neeeded to know if I could count on you to play. I kinda expected you would need to back off for awhile, Gerson. Be sure to drop a line once you've had the baby!

Last I heard, Inaen was having computer troubles. If you're still unable to connect to gamespy, the problem is probably your firewall. Let me know and maybe I can help you out (since I had to fight with that myself).

9. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    It's a deal Talon

10. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Ok, I broke down and bought this thing. 23 bucks at costco.

I haven't even opened the package yet. Do I need to play the campaign for a while to familiarize myself with it, or can I just jump in your game?

I will probably play the campaign a bit anyway....

11. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    The campaign is pretty fun and it helps to get the controls down the way you like them. The tutorial intro chapter will get you to lv 3 too which is cool. But you can't carry that char into Toby's server unfortunatly. Right now its the best game out there.

12. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    I would play the standard campaign for the tutorial (If I remember right you get to choose to do either the prologue or chapter one. Do the prologue, that's where the tutorial is).

The game is on for tonight, at 19 PM PST, although Acthar will not be there as he is in Vegas for a job interview (hi Acthar!).

Gerson, Talon, you guys planning on joining us tonight? Also, Inaen (however you spell it, lol), have you fixed your setup yet?

13. GersonSith

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm not sure I can make it at 19pm, thats past my bedtime. Don't count on me tonight though.

14. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    I actually think the time is really bad, but that's when you guys said you wanted to play. I would be more than willing to reschedule.

15. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    19 PM?

If you mean 1900 hours, then I cannot make it, as my family is still up and about at that time.

16. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    HA HA! ITS FUNNY BECAUSE ITS A TYPO!!! ARPHAXAD = BAD SPELAR?! seriously, its usually at 10pm on thursdays, i am open for friday nights to play Neverwinter (which is sad in a sense). And sorry about not being able to join tonight, but well, my future calls!

17. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    your future? what's her name? Or are you talking about your game console with 'mystique' again?

18. Acthar_Sm-Ith

May 23, 2002
    nah, its not like that. I am in Vegas gearing up for a job interview. wish me luck.

19. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    If you get lucky, then you move to vegas, reducing my number of associates to 3 (including my wife). Jinx jinx!

Oh, and it is 10:00 PM, 19:00 PM doesn't exist (1900 is military time and doesn't take a PM suffix, heh). I just fat fingered. AFAIK, we're going to play tonight, but if Talon is the only one who shows up, instead of doing the event my wife's character is probably just going to show you around and help you get the hang of the game/server.

20. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    BTW, whoever is planning on playing tonight will need to update to the latest version. I'd recommend getting that going ASAP :)

21. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    OK, its 10:09, I am updating, I intend to play, but I havent even done the prologe or chapter 1 or anything yet. I just got it loaded at home.

22. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    That's cool, I'm sure Nawen (my wife's character) will show you the ropes.

FYI, for your first character, I would recommend a fighter or a barbarian, they're a bit easier to play than the other templates.

23. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    will do.

Will I be able to cast Magic Missle?

24. Protoss72000

Protoss72000 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2001
    a fighter who can cast magic missle, that would kick a** :)

25. Arphaxad_Magus

Mar 6, 2003
    lol, only if you're intending to attack the darkness.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.